IBasso Audio IT03
Feb 3, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #3,106 of 3,344
@SomeGuyDude and @Dark Helmet, one might preferred boomy, meaty, slow decay bass of dynamic driver, me :). other like fast, lean, crisp, punchy bass of ba drivers. bass will affect the overall sound sig of how you perceive if you like the product or not. guess we are all bass lover here lol.

LMAO that was the worst attempt at backhanded compliments ever.

"Hey, some people like terrible, crappy, sound! I support you and your crappy taste!"

Get outta here haha.

Feb 3, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #3,107 of 3,344
Also, Paul from iBasso is awesome. Got at me ASAP and things are gonna get fixed right up. I'm definitely loyal to the brand now. Audeze and iBasso. My two.

Feb 4, 2018 at 5:34 AM Post #3,108 of 3,344
No fit issues here. I'm not a beginner to the IEM scene and have been through countless tips. Bass is present, but it's fairly neutral. Was listening to some Reggae this morning on KEXP and there was plenty of bass, it's just not this powerful moving "basshead" bass everyone is talking about in reviews. It's fine, but I'm in no way blown away....
If you have no fit / seal issues, then I just don't understand your bass description as being 'neutral'. I consider the IT03 as a bass heavy (far from neutral) iem myself and I'm starting to wonder if there could be anything wrong with your pair. Or maybe It's a matter of bad synergy result between a specific dap/source and the IT03 :thinking: Anyhow, I use JVC Spiral Dot (M) tips myself on the IT03, but I guess you might have tried those as well, coming accross 'countless' tips.

Oh, and for what's it worth: I still consider (and that's why I still have it in my current collection after quite some time) the IT03 as a 'bang for buck' iem, delivering an amazing good sound quality for its $259 :ksc75smile:

LMAO that was the worst attempt at backhanded compliments ever.

"Hey, some people like terrible, crappy, sound! I support you and your ****ty taste!"

Get outta here haha.
Since when are 'boomy, meaty and slow decay' synonyms for 'terrible, crappy and ****ty'? I guess this comes down to your personal interpretation.
I think there usually is a noticeable difference between bass from DD and BA drivers and imo his description wasn't that far off. As a matter of fact, boomy, meaty and slow decay is often what I like about DD (or hybrid) driver iems myself.
But hey...at least you had a good laugh about it, and I guess that's also worth something :grin:

I agree that iBasso's customer service is one of the best around. It's great to have someone like Paul around in this and other iBasso threads, always being responsive and helpful :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #3,110 of 3,344
If you have no fit / seal issues, then I just don't understand your bass description as being 'neutral'. I consider the IT03 as a bass heavy (far from neutral) iem myself and I'm starting to wonder if there could be anything wrong with your pair. Or maybe It's a matter of bad synergy result between a specific dap/source and the IT03 :thinking: Anyhow, I use JVC Spiral Dot (M) tips myself on the IT03, but I guess you might have tried those as well, coming accross 'countless' tips.

Oh, and for what's it worth: I still consider (and that's why I still have it in my current collection after quite some time) the IT03 as a 'bang for buck' iem, delivering an amazing good sound quality for its $259 :ksc75smile:

Since when are 'boomy, meaty and slow decay' synonyms for 'terrible, crappy and ****ty'? I guess this comes down to your personal interpretation.
I think there usually is a noticeable difference between bass from DD and BA drivers and imo his description wasn't that far off. As a matter of fact, boomy, meaty and slow decay is often what I like about DD (or hybrid) driver iems myself.
But hey...at least you had a good laugh about it, and I guess that's also worth something :grin:

I agree that iBasso's customer service is one of the best around. It's great to have someone like Paul around in this and other iBasso threads, always being responsive and helpful :thumbsup:
Not feeling the $259 price tag. I get better accessories (cable) and tips from $24 IEM's with damn close sound quality. The IT03's sound perfectly fine, just not justifiably $210 more. It's not a big jump in sound quality at all over recent Chi-Fi.

IT03's have showed me that when you buy upper tier IEM's you're paying for nothing other than 1. Customer Service 2. Marketing 3. Adjectives. With people comparing these to CA Andromedas, I'll never buy another high tier IEM as you can get damn close for $35-$45.

Again, IT03's sound fine, nothing mind-blowing though (exactly what I expected).

Feb 4, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #3,111 of 3,344
Not feeling the $259 price tag. I get better accessories (cable) and tips from $24 IEM's with damn close sound quality. The IT03's sound perfectly fine, just not justifiably $210 more. It's not a big jump in sound quality at all over recent Chi-Fi.

IT03's have showed me that when you buy upper tier IEM's you're paying for nothing other than 1. Customer Service 2. Marketing 3. Adjectives. With people comparing these to CA Andromedas, I'll never buy another high tier IEM as you can get damn close for $35-$45.

Again, IT03's sound fine, nothing mind-blowing though (exactly what I expected).
You’ve stated twice that you are not new to this game, so why would you go and spend so much more on something your experience tells you will be no better than a $35-45.00 iem. I have the Andromeda, IT03 and I can hear a big difference. I also have some cheaper IEMs and the ITO3s are way better. This just proves we all have different perspectives on how we hear. If your not happy with the IT03, you could always sell them and buy 8 pairs of cheaper IEMs. I agree with Paul, enjoy the music.

Feb 4, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #3,112 of 3,344
You’ve stated twice that you are not new to this game, so why would you go and spend so much more on something your experience tells you will be no better than a $35-45.00 iem.

This question doesn't even make sense and you could've avoided asking it had you actually read my posts (or looked at my signature!). I am not new to IEM's, but I am new to spending outrageous amounts of money on them.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ibasso-it03.21824/reviews

IT03 vs Andromeda - very similar soundstage with holographic expansion; IT03 has a little more sub-bass quantity, while the extension is very similar, including a similar impact of the mid-bass. Lower mids are close, though Andro has a little more body, and upper mids are smoother and more organic in Andromeda (and a touch more upfront), while IT03 is a little brighter and more detailed, close to analytical level. Treble is very similar as well, crisp and well defined, though I do hear IT03 having a touch more airiness which helps with a better layering and separation of instruments. I know many will be looking to draw a conclusion that IT03 destroys Andromeda, well, it doesn't. But if you are on a budget and craving Andromeda sound, IT03 could be a good recommendation.

I heard the synergy between the ZX2 and andromeda was amazing. Was gonna buy one until I read this is an iem is equal to the andromeda with different tuning for 1/4 the price ><

Why are we even reviewing any of these at this point?

Feb 7, 2018 at 3:50 AM Post #3,113 of 3,344
No disrespect to anyone.

But if you dont like IT03 or prefer something else do post,

But if you dont believe in costly IEM - this is wrong place to be. Many people love the headset with Samsung Phones too, its their love and good for them.

Many dont and its their choice and money good for them. Pricing validity for a good IEM shouldnt be discussed here.

Feb 7, 2018 at 5:11 AM Post #3,114 of 3,344
No disrespect to anyone.

But if you dont believe in costly IEM - this is wrong place to be. Many people love the headset with Samsung Phones too, its their love and good for them.

Many dont and its their choice and money good for them. Pricing validity for a good IEM shouldnt be discussed here.
Personally I don't mind reading posts about ''pricing validity for a good IEM'' as long as it's described as an opinion, instead of a fact or universal truth :thinking:
But sometimes members have an opinion on an item without having heard it themselves. Now, that can put a sarcastic smile on my face.

Feb 7, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #3,115 of 3,344
No disrespect to anyone.

And who you are to state such things with so much authority. We should be able to discuss freely about iem pricing and relationships to performance.

Feb 7, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #3,116 of 3,344
I swear some people are personally offended if they swoop into a thread like this on something they dislike and everyone doesn't go "OH MY GOD YOU'RE RIGHT I'M GOING TO SELL MINE RIGHT NOW THANK YOU KIND CITIZEN."

Have you said your piece? Are your only further additions going to be saying the same opinion only a lot louder? Then move on with your life.

Has anyone ever noticed that after enough pointless vitriol lands in threads, the discussion invariably devolves first to annoyance at the negativity, then people adding absolutely nothing by goin "Hurrr but people are allowed to give opinions!"

Yeah. Everyone can give their opinion, but guess what? That means everyone can also give their opinion OF those opinions. So if said opinions are adding nothing constructive and are just annoying everyone, mayyyyyybe it's time to find something better to do with your time.

Feb 7, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #3,117 of 3,344
I swear some people are personally offended if they swoop into a thread like this on something they dislike and everyone doesn't go "OH MY GOD YOU'RE RIGHT I'M GOING TO SELL MINE RIGHT NOW THANK YOU KIND CITIZEN."

Have you said your piece? Are your only further additions going to be saying the same opinion only a lot louder? Then move on with your life.

Has anyone ever noticed that after enough pointless vitriol lands in threads, the discussion invariably devolves first to annoyance at the negativity, then people adding absolutely nothing by goin "Hurrr but people are allowed to give opinions!"

Yeah. Everyone can give their opinion, but guess what? That means everyone can also give their opinion OF those opinions. So if said opinions are adding nothing constructive and are just annoying everyone, mayyyyyybe it's time to find something better to do with your time.
Sorry if everyone is not reacting just like a marketing agent. I’m willing to put a lot of money in gears, but this amount should be justified, not just personal anecdotes putting as facts. You have the right to have your own opinion, but telling people who are criticizing the product that they should go elsewhere, this is the issue.

Feb 8, 2018 at 1:37 AM Post #3,118 of 3,344
Sorry if everyone is not reacting just like a marketing agent. I’m willing to put a lot of money in gears, but this amount should be justified, not just personal anecdotes putting as facts. You have the right to have your own opinion, but telling people who are criticizing the product that they should go elsewhere, this is the issue.

Criticism can bring out positive change for both the end user as well as the manufacturer.

Feb 8, 2018 at 3:08 AM Post #3,119 of 3,344
Everyone can give their opinion, but guess what? That means everyone can also give their opinion OF those opinions. So if said opinions are adding nothing constructive and are just annoying everyone, mayyyyyybe it's time to find something better to do with your time.
giphy.gif

...or, like Harry Callahan once said:
brf2assholes.jpg

Anyway, somehow I've got the feeling that we got trapped in some kinda vicious circle at this point :grin:

So, any news (launch date?) regarding the upcoming IT04? I'm curious how that one will sound compared to the IT03 :thinking:

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #3,120 of 3,344
So, any news (launch date?) regarding the upcoming IT04? I'm curious how that one will sound compared to the IT03 :thinking:

Same here. Nothing but crickets since summer when it was 'finalized'. IT-01 was announced and released since. I wonder if they've shelved the '04, or what the heck. I've stopped asking, since there hasn't been any meaningful response the last couple times I poked @Paul - iBasso. Seems like either he doesn't know, or is constrained from saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back