IBasso Audio IT03
Jul 29, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #2,701 of 3,344
The it03 has been very eye-opening for me. It is too good for the money and puts my oppo pm-3 and open el-8 to shame in terms of dynamics and sound stage. The only cons for me are the slight sibilance and slow bass (compared to el-8) but I would take my it03 over both planars any day due to the more engaging sound signature. Does anyone know of a similar-sounding full size can (preferably open back)? I'm on the verge of retiring both of my full sized headphones because of how much I love my it03s.

Jul 29, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #2,702 of 3,344
The it03 has been very eye-opening for me. It is too good for the money and puts my oppo pm-3 and open el-8 to shame in terms of dynamics and sound stage. The only cons for me are the slight sibilance and slow bass (compared to el-8) but I would take my it03 over both planars any day due to the more engaging sound signature. Does anyone know of a similar-sounding full size can (preferably open back)? I'm on the verge of retiring both of my full sized headphones because of how much I love my it03s.
Focal Utopia.

Jul 29, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #2,704 of 3,344
Guess I better start saving up, then. Do you think it's really with everyone penny, though?
I have a number of very good headphones. The Utopia are the best for me. That doesn't mean I don't listen to the others but the Utopia get me the closest to the music.

Jul 30, 2017 at 2:38 AM Post #2,707 of 3,344
I'm loving this IEM. At about 100 hours they are sounding splendid for the price. Addicting bass, punchy and tight, forward mids, wide soundstage, good separation, great spacial cues, they sound like an high-end IEM in all aspects. At 270€ or so, they're a steal. I would love to listen to the FLC8S again for an A/B.
Im looking to sell my flc8s if u are interested ... Or even trade for an it03 if u have a spare lying around...

Jul 30, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #2,709 of 3,344
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 31, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #2,712 of 3,344
I think iBasso should supply an approximate release date for the IT04, as there may be customers who go off and purchase something else that make have waited if they had some sort of timeframe.

The balanced to single ended adapter sounds a good idea and one that Fidue used on the Sirius A91.

Aug 1, 2017 at 5:56 AM Post #2,713 of 3,344
Hi

I've just received my IT03 and they sound great on an iFi iDSD Black, as I'm waiting for my DX200 to come down.

This is my second pair, as I couldn't get the first set to fit/sound right. The solution I have found is to use the largest tips supplied but only insert the IT03 quite shallowly. This gives maximum bass. If I insert them as I would normally with other IEM's, the bass goes away and they sound shallow.

Anyone else notice this?

Regards

Darren

Aug 1, 2017 at 6:04 AM Post #2,714 of 3,344
@Darren Cotter

What you describe is a case of "having a good seal" vs. "having no seal". The more shallow insertion seems to give you a proper seal whereas the deeper insertion breaks the seal, resulting in almost no bass.

Usually our ear canals get narrower as they get deeper - so you could either use your IT03 the way you already do it, with the shallow insertion that however gives you a proper seal, or try to use the medium-sized tips and insert the IEMs deeper. If you get a seel with the latter, you could do it that way, or keep using the largest tips @ rather shallow insertion @ good seal.

Aug 1, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #2,715 of 3,344
We are working on it. It will come balanced with a very high quality balanced to single ended adapter.
Now, this is interesting :thinking:

Will it be possible (same connectors) to use that balanced IT04 cable on the IT03 too?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back