IBasso Audio IT03
Jul 20, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #2,672 of 3,344
Jul 20, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #2,673 of 3,344
With the filters removed and triple flange tips they outperform the $1100 Heir Audio 10.0 in some tracks. Bass quality is noticeably superior (pretty much same quantity and impact, but better definition and tightness/control) and they make the 10.0 sound somewhat veiled overall, since the 10.0 is darker. This tuning works better for some tracks and the drivers deliver superior bass quality and a better cohesion from low to top-end in several cases. Ned-less to say that I prefer the 10.0 over the $1300 PP8, so this was my best purchase in years.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #2,674 of 3,344
I compared my IT03 to Andromeda/Vega and they are VERY different.

Perhaps I was unclear. I was suggesting that the relationship between the Vega and Andromeda is similar to the relationship between the IT03 and IT04.

That is, IT03 and Vega both with more bass presence, maybe more 'fun/musucal', while Andromeda and IT04 are more neutral/analytic.

Not suggesting that the IT03 is equal or equivalent to the Vega.

Jul 23, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #2,676 of 3,344
I'm the only one who find that IT03 make many recordings sibilant? Also harsh upper mids / highs.

I'm using Comply comfort tips, stock cable and Fiio X5 (coax) + Mojo as source.

With the filters removed and triple flange tips they outperform the $1100 Heir Audio 10.0.
About which filters are you refering to?

Also, it would be nice if someone could recommend any nice triple flange tips for IT03. Thanks.

Jul 23, 2017 at 7:22 AM Post #2,677 of 3,344
I'm the only one who find that IT03 make many recordings sibilant? Also harsh upper mids / highs.

Also, it would be nice if someone could recommend any nice triple flange tips for IT03. Thanks.
I use the 03s with stock tips,CB12 cable,DX200 and it doesn't sound sibilant at all. I did try the comply tips and spin fit but found the stock tips best for me. When I first got the 03s, the highs were quite harsh and piercing at times. Let them play for 120 hours and all that went away. It was like I'd just flicked a switch. How many hours have yours been run for? Maybe give them a bit of time. Hope you find the sound your looking for.

Jul 23, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #2,678 of 3,344
I received mine today, replaced the default stock tip with the stock large tip and the sound from it is very nice. Since I order with them Spinfit M tip, I tried them but it seems it was not totally sealed so the bass is tamed. With it, I ordered with Spiral Dot ML and L. Did not tried yet the L size since the ML is good already with a proper sealing. All in all, I like it very much and do not regret buying it. I like the sound from it compare to my LZ A4 even not fully burn in, I am worry that it will not surpass the sq of my KZ Z5 but it did.

Jul 23, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #2,679 of 3,344
I've noticed the same out of the box, with some recordings. But, after several hours of warming up, they totally gone! For past more than half a year, IT03 are my main IEMs, with no negative effects at all. Time to time I return to the recordings that sounded harsh for me initially, and enjoy the music :) Though I've changed the cable to CB12 later (and now I'm with CB13), it was not the cable who made the change: it happened way before, with the stock cable.

Jul 23, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #2,680 of 3,344

The filters in the nozzle, there are no other filters that can be removed. Any triple flange tip will work.

Jul 23, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #2,681 of 3,344
When I first got the 03s, the highs were quite harsh and piercing at times. Let them play for 120 hours and all that went away. It was like I'd just flicked a switch. How many hours have yours been run for? Maybe give them a bit of time. Hope you find the sound your looking for.

I've noticed the same out of the box, with some recordings. But, after several hours of warming up, they totally gone!

Thanks for the advices guys.

The first thing I did when I received them like two months ago was a burning in process of +150 hours.

I will try some other tips, but I think that will be more like a patch than a solution.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #2,682 of 3,344
I have never noticed any harshness, sibilance or whatever with triple flange tips. In fact, treble quality is very good. Not as airy as a PP8 or Heir Audio 10.0, but pretty good for a triple driver.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2017 at 8:21 AM Post #2,683 of 3,344
The filters in the nozzle, there are no other filters that can be removed. Any triple flange tip will work.
I think some member was pretty shocked some time ago when one of his filters fell out and you just removed them yourself? :grin:

Anyhow, as I'm not sure this adjustement is easily reversible, how would you describe the differences between the sq/signature with vs without these filters?
Does it sound that much better in your opinion without them?

Thanks in advance!

Jul 23, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #2,684 of 3,344
i dont think removing the mesh filter, on the nozzle if that is what ur referring to, will make any difference. i have tried that before, i lost the filter on the right, with no other option i just remove the left part. i used this fpr motre than a week and dont find any difference at all.. i returned it only when i found the lost filter in one of my eartips..

Jul 23, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #2,685 of 3,344
I think some member was pretty shocked some time ago when one of his filters fell out and you just removed them yourself? :grin:

Anyhow, as I'm not sure this adjustement is easily reversible, how would you describe the differences between the sq/signature with vs without these filters?
Does it sound that much better in your opinion without them?

Thanks in advance!

Unlike the fellow above, I notice better definition in the higher frequencies, better micro-detailing, a cleaner sound. At the expense of some (not much) bass.

It's easily reversible, if you remove them gently. Not recommended though. Do this at your own risk.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back