IBasso Audio IT03
Jul 23, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #2,686 of 3,344
i dont think removing the mesh filter, on the nozzle if that is what ur referring to, will make any difference. i have tried that before, i lost the filter on the right, with no other option i just remove the left part. i used this fpr motre than a week and dont find any difference at all.. i returned it only when i found the lost filter in one of my eartips..

Unlike the fellow above, I notice better definition in the higher frequencies, better micro-detailing, a cleaner sound. At the expense of some (not much) bass.

It's easily reversible, if you remove them gently. Not recommended though. Do this at your own risk.

OK, thanks for the replies!
I might (not entirely sure yet) give it a try later on :thinking:

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #2,687 of 3,344
ok maybe i dont have the super sensitive ears.. my age i guess would be the reason for that hehe but anyway, you may remove the damper instead if u want to have a noticeable change in sound. or change the damper. from green to something like brown or silver. i do have a spare brown damper which i bought a few years ago but i dont have the guts to change it.. ☺☺

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #2,688 of 3,344
I'm the only one who find that IT03 make many recordings sibilant? Also harsh upper mids / highs.

I'm using Comply comfort tips, stock cable and Fiio X5 (coax) + Mojo as source.
Thanks.

When brand new but never now except if the song has it.

Jul 25, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #2,689 of 3,344
I'm loving this IEM. At about 100 hours they are sounding splendid for the price. Addicting bass, punchy and tight, forward mids, wide soundstage, good separation, great spacial cues, they sound like an high-end IEM in all aspects. At 270€ or so, they're a steal. I would love to listen to the FLC8S again for an A/B.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #2,690 of 3,344
I love mine too, no regret whatsoever. Nice fit and looks premium and I like the sound already with playtime of about only 4 hours. Put my A4 to dust.

Jul 26, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #2,692 of 3,344
I received the cb12 cable today. But when i fully insert the jack to my onkyo dp x1, there is no sound on the left side. Is there sth wrong with the jack or is it my source problem.

Sorry to hear that. I listen to my IT03/CB12 setup from my FiiiO X5iii, Cowon P2, and home rig without issues. I've got a 4-pin XLR male to 2.5mm TRRS female adapter for my home rig. I assume both sides work with a SE cable? And 'fully inserted' means just that -- jack should be flush with DAP housing. Also, you need to be sure the MMCX connection is solid on both sides.

It's impossible to tell whether it's the cable or the source, since you probably don't have another balanced cable, nor another source. Maybe a friend with different source? Local store where you could test it on another DAP? If you had a FiiO L26 adapter (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N10RBPW) or similar adapter you could test the cable with any 3.5mm SE source.

I had a dp-x1 for a while, and the balanced output worked fine -- never any issues, although at the time I didn't have the IT03/CB12 rig.

GLTY

Jul 26, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #2,693 of 3,344
I received the cb12 cable today. But when i fully insert the jack to my onkyo dp x1, there is no sound on the left side. Is there sth wrong with the jack or is it my source problem.
You have said you inserted the plug completely but if not all the way in you will get sound on the right and not the left. Please email me if you continue to have issues.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 26, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #2,694 of 3,344
The Cayin N3 took the experience to a whole new level compared to the ASUS Zenfone 3 (great) DAC. Incredible little player this is.

It's a great pairing with the IT03 signature. It's a bit dark, but with excellent fidelity and instrument separation. Bass is terrific. Sounds as good as the FiiO X5-III.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #2,695 of 3,344
You have said you inserted the plug completely but if not all the way in you will get sound on the right and not the left. Please email me if you continue to have issues.
I tried the balanced cable for ath e40, it is working fine. I got both sound when i pull the plug out a little for cb12. I contacted skm tech regarding the situation. Well i guess i have to head down to do a replacement when i am free.

Jul 28, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #2,696 of 3,344
Hi all!
Recently I tried my first IEM (KZ ZS5) and I have been impressed with its sharpness and clarity, clearly beating my two other headphones (Fidelio X2 and Beyerdynamics 770, 250 ohm). I would like to know if the IT03 would be good with classical, jazz and electro.

Thank you in advance :)

Jul 28, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #2,697 of 3,344
Really? Thats interesting i found ZS5 too sound really weird. Then i found out 1 of the dd and bb drivers are facing towards the housing i thought maybe thats why it sounded strange.

But too answer your question ive listened to all those genres and they have been very enjoyable. The it03 will be a nice jump in sq especially from the ZS5 as you would expect with the jump in price.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #2,700 of 3,344
If you want bass, real bass and the better dynamics, you've got to try triple flange tips.
Please, post which triple flage tips you're using for IT03. I never used one of these and I need some info to begin my search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back