IBasso Audio IT03
Aug 1, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #2,716 of 3,344
@Darren Cotter

What you describe is a case of "having a good seal" vs. "having no seal". The more shallow insertion seems to give you a proper seal whereas the deeper insertion breaks the seal, resulting in almost no bass.

Usually our ear canals get narrower as they get deeper - so you could either use your IT03 the way you already do it, with the shallow insertion that however gives you a proper seal, or try to use the medium-sized tips and insert the IEMs deeper. If you get a seel with the latter, you could do it that way, or keep using the largest tips @ rather shallow insertion @ good seal.

I've re-tried the medium tips and if I push them right in and hold the IT03's for a second or two, presumably making sure they are truly snug, the sound is broadly similar. I'll do some more tip rolling, but at least I have a couple of options.

Any recommendations for after market tips or where you can purchase a set of iBasso ones?

Aug 1, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #2,717 of 3,344
Hi

I've just received my IT03 and they sound great on an iFi iDSD Black, as I'm waiting for my DX200 to come down.

This is my second pair, as I couldn't get the first set to fit/sound right. The solution I have found is to use the largest tips supplied but only insert the IT03 quite shallowly. This gives maximum bass. If I insert them as I would normally with other IEM's, the bass goes away and they sound shallow.

Anyone else notice this?

Regards

Darren

Yes I get that effect too, its not due to a lack of seal, what is happening is that you are creating such a good seal that there is excessive positive pressure build-up this stops the drivers and your ear drums from working properly.

Insertion technique, allowing the pressure to equalise can help with this issue.

Aug 1, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #2,720 of 3,344
Hi

I've just received my IT03 and they sound great on an iFi iDSD Black, as I'm waiting for my DX200 to come down.

This is my second pair, as I couldn't get the first set to fit/sound right. The solution I have found is to use the largest tips supplied but only insert the IT03 quite shallowly. This gives maximum bass. If I insert them as I would normally with other IEM's, the bass goes away and they sound shallow.

Anyone else notice this?

Regards

Darren

Face it Darren, you've got weird ears :gs1000smile:

Seriously, everybody's ears are different (hence the popularity of CIEMs). For me, it's the opposite -- I have to get the 'Goldilocks' size (not too big, not too small) and then jam them all the way in. If they start to come out, I lose bass very quickly. I suspect my canals taper quite rapidly so I lose seal when they're not in enough.

Aug 1, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #2,722 of 3,344
Aug 1, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #2,724 of 3,344
Now, this is interesting :thinking:

Will it be possible (same connectors) to use that balanced IT04 cable on the IT03 too?
Yes they use the MMCX and will work fine.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Aug 1, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #2,726 of 3,344
I'm thinking about getting the CB13 for my IT03, but with the IT04 coming out, should I wait?

I will certainly purchase the IT04, which apparently will come with a balanced cable. If it didn't I would purchase one separately. I don't want to swap cables -- I think that's asking for failure at the MMCX connector.

I do like the CB12/IT03 combination very much. If the IT04 comes with another CB12, I'll be stuck wondering if I'd like the CB13 more. Oh well, wait and see :wink:

Aug 3, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #2,727 of 3,344
Can anyone recommend an aftermarket cable preferably pure copper that pairs well with the ito3 . Shouldn't be more than $100 . Someone is offering me linum bax but not sure how it'll pair with the ito3 . It also has to be SE as I plan to use with my iPhone . Thanks

Aug 4, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #2,728 of 3,344
Can anyone recommend an aftermarket cable preferably pure copper that pairs well with the ito3 . Shouldn't be more than $100 . Someone is offering me linum bax but not sure how it'll pair with the ito3 . It also has to be SE as I plan to use with my iPhone . Thanks
We have the CB12 which offers an exceptional buy. An adapter can easily be used with it to make it single ended.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back