IBasso Audio IT03
Dec 10, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #1,367 of 3,344
I think the trick is to try and get all the points of contact to be seated equally. If that means slightly longer tips, then try that. Think of it like a table with three legs, with all points supporting equal weight. Although weight is not the issue, all point of contact should be experiencing the least amount of pressure as can be. If you have the tips shoved too far in, that might be creating pressure on the Concha part of the ear. If the tips don't quite reach your ear holes with a good seal, try something like a bi flange tip.

Yea, these have just been really tricky for me, but I am determined to try and make them work because I really do love the sound. Trying out the large medium bore (the darkest stock) tips at the moment as I think I need a really really shallow fit with these for them to be comfortable. Any deeper fit seems really nice at first as they are very snug, but then those little pressure points just start to show themselves. I also have some extra long double flange tips that I think came with my hifiman re-400's that might do the trick, but we will see.

Will have to do some extended listening though before I can make a determination, as most fits feel pretty good at first.

Dec 11, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #1,368 of 3,344
just got my ibasso it03

well done ibasso its really a great iem, big bass, and good mids and not sibilant

really nice iem it fits perfectly

i am using now spinfits tips

good sound stage

great great tuning

since this is a keeper iem for me, this means i want a better cable, but one that fits great and is great any suggestions something that will maintain the great bass it has and adds no more highs

Dec 11, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #1,369 of 3,344
well here is the final tip rolling test which took me 3 hours of testing so many different tips and diy tips

end game tips which is a real big surpirse is 

Westone star tip filled with foam that i took from kombi tips, yes the westone although is supposed to fit small bore iems but it stretches out and fits so great on ibasso it03

this will give huge tight bass, great mids and highs

if you do not try this custom diy tip really you are missing out

forget any tip from spinfits, comply, sony foam hybrids the above diy tip is the best you can ever get 

Dec 11, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #1,370 of 3,344
Hey guys, anyone have any recommendations for cables that work well with the IT03? I am specifically looking for something that wont cost too much and does not have memory wire. The next stage of my quest to get these fitting right is to try without memory wire and see if that helps further eliminate some of the pressure points I am getting. All I have right now for reference is the cable that came with my Pinnacle P1, though (and I am no expert here) I am guessing that maybe the impedence isnt a match or something, because I think when I tried it the volume was less with the cable. I do know the P1 is higher impedence and harder to drive. I am not willing yet to attempt to remove the memory wire from the stock cable in case my quest for a good fit is unsuccessful and I need to sell them.

Dec 11, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #1,371 of 3,344
  Hey guys, anyone have any recommendations for cables that work well with the IT03? I am specifically looking for something that wont cost too much and does not have memory wire. The next stage of my quest to get these fitting right is to try without memory wire and see if that helps further eliminate some of the pressure points I am getting. All I have right now for reference is the cable that came with my Pinnacle P1, though (and I am no expert here) I am guessing that maybe the impedence isnt a match or something, because I think when I tried it the volume was less with the cable. I do know the P1 is higher impedence and harder to drive. I am not willing yet to attempt to remove the memory wire from the stock cable in case my quest for a good fit is unsuccessful and I need to sell them.

Here:  http://penonaudio.com/3.5mm-MMCX-Conector-Detachable-Earphone-Cable

good
- no memory wire
- cheap
- super supple
- 8-core

bad
- no chin slider

Dec 12, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #1,372 of 3,344
Dec 12, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #1,373 of 3,344
Thinking of trying out balanced cable.

I'm a little conscious of weight as I'll want to listen longer and minimize weight-related fatigue (over ear).

Wondering if anyone has tried out between

iBasso CB12 (Balanced)

vs

Fidue A83 (Balanced) (http://penonaudio.com/FIDUE-A83-2.5-3.5mm-MMCX-Cable?limit=100)

From the description, it seems to me the CB12 is a well build (8 wire braided) cable thus lending on the heavier side.

Any sharing experience much appreciated!

Dec 12, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #1,374 of 3,344

I'm a little conscious of weight as I'll want to listen longer and minimize weight-related fatigue (over ear).

iBasso CB12 (Balanced)

vs

Fidue A83 (Balanced) (http://penonaudio.com/FIDUE-A83-2.5-3.5mm-MMCX-Cable?limit=100)

From the description, it seems to me the CB12 is a well build (8 wire braided) cable thus lending on the heavier side.

really great prices from penonaudio

i really wonder which cable will nto add any more highs and maintains the good bass

Dec 12, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #1,376 of 3,344

Here:  http://penonaudio.com/3.5mm-MMCX-Conector-Detachable-Earphone-Cable

good
- no memory wire
- cheap
- super supple
- 8-core

bad
- no chin slider

Hmm, that looks pretty nice (though i am slightly sad they only seem to be offering it in white). I actually do not care about a chin slider, so this could be a pretty nice cable for me. I have however never ordered from penon so I am slightly concerned that I might be waiting for quite a long time for delivery to the US. Anyone know how long they usually take?

Dec 12, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #1,377 of 3,344
Just got my IT03 and it seems to pair VERY well with the Dragonfly Black.  Really digging this combo - getting some skull shaking bass from Ill Phil's remix of True Colors.  They put my DN1000 to shame.  

Tip-wise, the installed silicone tips fit best.  I don't have many tips sitting around to test though.  

Dec 12, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #1,378 of 3,344
  Just got my IT03 and it seems to pair VERY well with the Dragonfly Black.  Really digging this combo - getting some skull shaking bass from Ill Phil's remix of True Colors.  They put my DN1000 to shame.  

Tip-wise, the installed silicone tips fit best.  I don't have many tips sitting around to test though.  

if you want the ultimate sound out of the ibasso do my tip rolling

westone tip filled with foam from kombi tips, then tell me how earth shaking bass will it be compared to what you hear now

buy the westone star tips that are short medium or large and get some kombi tips and do some tip rolling

Dec 13, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #1,379 of 3,344
I have a pair of A83 earphones and I have the balanced cable that you are inquiring about. The A83 cable is made to fit the A83 as it has a locking mechanism so the plugs don't spin. The cable come with two little spacers that fill the gap of the locking part so that they can fill the space in between and be used with other headphones. I have tried this on the IT03 and it works with still al little jiggle with the spacers. Honestly, you don't need the spacers but I suppose they help just in case you bump the plugs or something like that. The cable itself is really nicely made. Keeps its shape very nicely and looks and sounds great. I cannot compare it to the IBasso CB12 since I don't have that one. The A83 cable also comes with the 2.5trrs to 3.5trrs adapter which is useful if you have a balanced amp that uses either one of these configurations. It is not a super long cable but perfect length for mobile use.

iBasso CB12 (Balanced)

vs

Dec 13, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #1,380 of 3,344
I have a pair of A83 earphones and I have the balanced cable that you are inquiring about. The A83 cable is made to fit the A83 as it has a locking mechanism so the plugs don't spin. The cable come with two little spacers that fill the gap of the locking part so that they can fill the space in between and be used with other headphones. I have tried this on the IT03 and it works with still al little jiggle with the spacers. Honestly, you don't need the spacers but I suppose they help just in case you bump the plugs or something like that. The cable itself is really nicely made. Keeps its shape very nicely and looks and sounds great. I cannot compare it to the IBasso CB12 since I don't have that one. The A83 cable also comes with the 2.5trrs to 3.5trrs adapter which is useful if you have a balanced amp that uses either one of these configurations. It is not a super long cable but perfect length for mobile use.

Thank you for sharing your experience! Greatly appreciates it.

How to you find the weight of the cable? Is it bulky, say a general compare to the IT03 stock cable? I have tried other cables and now turn full-circle back to the stock cable as it felt lighter...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back