IBasso Audio IT03
Dec 8, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #1,351 of 3,344
  So after a day of owning these I definitely still really like the sound. However, I am having issues with the fit. I can get about 10 minutes before I start to get a bit of discomfort that turns into pain fairly quickly, especially as I try to adjust them and they push up against my ear in different spots. They fit very snug and seem to be held in place from multiple spots on my ear, but those spots eventually start to hurt from the pressure on them. Is there a way to alleviate this? Is it that I need to just keep trying different tips to find a better fit? Or are these maybe just not the best fit for my ears? Maybe try a cable without memory wire and see if that relieves some pressure too?

I now use Comply Isolation T400 (M) sized tip. For me, initially I had a 'tip-misfit' experience which was the source of the 'pressure'. Now with the T400 memory foam, the pressure sits right holding to both in place and its comfortable for me. Weight of IEM cable may also be something you want to consider? I switched to another cable which is slightly heavier and felt I could do with a lighter cable at times...

Dec 8, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #1,352 of 3,344
It also took me a bit of tip swapping to find the right fit.

I ended up back with the stock silicone large bores.

I also tried many aftermarket tips.

Now they are comfortable.

*Perhaps more in my review via my signature.

Dec 8, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #1,353 of 3,344
It also took me a bit of tip swapping to find the right fit.

I ended up back with the stock silicone large bores.

I also tried many aftermarket tips.

Now they are comfortable.

*Perhaps more in my review via my signature.

Dec 8, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #1,354 of 3,344
My set from penon just arrived (amazingly fast, I paid the $15 fee), but mine seem to have a slight lean towards the left side. I am not sure if it's the wire, the seating in my ear (these are my first CIEM's and the insertion is trick), or if have a slight manufacturing defect.

I sooo hope it's just the fitting that maybe I have NOT figured out yet. I don't want to have to mail these back overseas.

Few questions--- the stock wire is very hard (covered with the black sheath) in the area that curves over the ear. Can that area be bent down? My ears are very small, and once the iems are inserted into my ear, I have a huge loop above my ear lol. I was curious if I could bend the wire around my ear? The braided wire can bend of course,but I'm very careful with the curved area. I don't want to risk breaking the wire, so thought I would ask.

I will say these work best with a better amp (or balanced-my 300r is on the way). My xdp100r works great with my dunu2000, 2000j, and fx850's, but I have to crank the volume on the xdp to 130-160 (whereas it's 90-105 with my other iems) to get what I feel is full articulate output. When it is cranked, the sound is ABSOLUTELY GREAT. Gotta say the tips do make quite a difference. Its awesome that Ibasso included so many different sizes for FREE. I tried every single set, and finally found the right set for me. So I had to come back and edit my comments. I will stick with the recommendation, that if you are using the XDP-100R stick with the high gain setting.

How long are folks conditioning the iems (few posts back said 200 hours). Should I just play low sound overnight continuously for a few days? Do I need high volume, or just low volume massaging?

Also---while they work (the output is very clean), it does not sound the "best" on my LG V10 (HiFi dac mode, AUX device mod). The bass is pretty lean. I am referring to bass guitar impact, although the mid to highs remains excellent.

Great job, now to figure over the next few days is the left lean is my hearing, the way they are seated in my ears, or mechanical defect.

Any help or advice would be great, thanks

Dec 9, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #1,355 of 3,344
My set from penon just arrived (amazingly fast, I paid the $15 fee), but mine seem to have a slight lean towards the left side. I am not sure if it's the wire, the seating in my ear (these are my first CIEM's and the insertion is trick), or if have a slight manufacturing defect.

I sooo hope it's just the fitting that maybe I have NOT figured out yet. I don't want to have to mail these back overseas.

Few questions--- the stock wire is very hard (covered with the black sheath) in the area that curves over the ear. Can that area be bent down? My ears are very small, and once the iems are inserted into my ear, I have a huge loop above my ear lol. I was curious if I could bend the wire around my ear? The braided wire can bend of course,but I'm very careful with the curved area. I don't want to risk breaking the wire, so thought I would ask.

I will say these work best with a better amp (or balanced-my 300r is on the way). My xdp100r works great with my dunu2000, 2000j, and fx850's, but I have to crank the volume on the xdp to 130-160 (whereas it's 90-105 with my other iems) to get what I feel is full articulate output. When it is cranked, the sound is ABSOLUTELY GREAT. Gotta say the tips do make quite a difference. Its awesome that Ibasso included so many different sizes for FREE. I tried every single set, and finally found the right set for me. So I had to come back and edit my comments. I will stick with the recommendation, that if you are using the XDP-100R stick with the high gain setting.

How long are folks conditioning the iems (few posts back said 200 hours). Should I just play low sound overnight continuously for a few days? Do I need high volume, or just low volume massaging?

Also---while they work (the output is very clean), it does not sound the "best" on my LG V10 (HiFi dac mode, AUX device mod). The bass is pretty lean. I am referring to bass guitar impact, although the mid to highs remains excellent.

Great job, now to figure over the next few days is the left lean is my hearing, the way they are seated in my ears, or mechanical defect.

Any help or advice would be great, thanks

The part that goes over your ear is the memory wire and you can shape it to your ear so that it lays on the ear and loops behind it. Just shape it to what you want. Try different tips and push them on the nozzle further for a different sound. I like them pushed on so that they are almost flush with the end of the nozzle of the IEM. On burn in time, I found around 200 hours as has been mentioned but enjoyed them before that time as well. I found that the bass became more integrated and they opened up more at around 25 hours but continued to open up and become more refined over time. 

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #1,356 of 3,344
Been a crazy couple of days with these. I both love and hate them. I really love the sound, and think it might be the exact type of signature I have been looking for (similar to the P1 but with more bass), so kind of current end game for me in that sense (still not willing to venture into the much more expensive realm).

But I kind of hate the fit. I dont have small ears so didnt think it would be an issue after reading reviews, but the protrusions all just seem to be in the wrong spots. I get it fitted well for one, then the others put too much pressure on my ears. Been trying out different tips and some seem better than others, but have yet to find anything thats truly completely comfortable for more than maybe 20 minutes. Currently giving a try to the large wide bore shallow tips pushed almost flush.

Just a shame for me that I am having so many issues with the fit as these really do sound great to me.

Dec 9, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #1,358 of 3,344
  But I kind of hate the fit. I dont have small ears so didnt think it would be an issue after reading reviews, but the protrusions all just seem to be in the wrong spots. I get it fitted well for one, then the others put too much pressure on my ears. Been trying out different tips and some seem better than others, but have yet to find anything thats truly completely comfortable for more than maybe 20 minutes. Currently giving a try to the large wide bore shallow tips pushed almost flush.

Just a shame for me that I am having so many issues with the fit as these really do sound great to me.

I warned people in September when I bought them, the protrusions in the upper inside part are supposed to stabilize the shells in the conchas, but that is only if your conchas are big enough...
For people like you, it must be a torture.

I sometimes wonder why manufacturers produce complicated shell designs, when a small round shell ensures maximum compatibility. AK T8iE: one of the best examples of truly ergonomic design.

Dec 9, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #1,359 of 3,344
is anyone else having this problem? so mi it03s are starting to "peel".i thought these were solid plastic but it looks like a layer of the iems is starting to bubble. ive kept these in significantly good condition  and never left them in the heat, and always store them with silica packets too in a pelican case so this is kind of annoying.

Dec 9, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #1,360 of 3,344
  I warned people in September when I bought them, the protrusions in the upper inside part are supposed to stabilize the shells in the conchas, but that is only if your conchas are big enough...
For people like you, it must be a torture.

I sometimes wonder why manufacturers produce complicated shell designs, when a small round shell ensures maximum compatibility. AK T8iE: one of the best examples of truly ergonomic design.

Not torture, and thats not necessarily the part that causes the discomfort, it really depends on the tips and how I can place them in my ear, somtimes its there, sometimes its near the bottom of the ear where they rest. Either way, its been a struggle, and its a real shame because I really do like the sound, but if I cant figure out how to wear these comfortably for more than 20 minutes at a time, I might need to sell them on and look for something else. Luckily, I already have a few other iems on order, but I think I might now be chasing this sound sig for a while...

Dec 9, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #1,361 of 3,344
I think the trick is to try and get all the points of contact to be seated equally. If that means slightly longer tips, then try that. Think of it like a table with three legs, with all points supporting equal weight. Although weight is not the issue, all point of contact should be experiencing the least amount of pressure as can be. If you have the tips shoved too far in, that might be creating pressure on the Concha part of the ear. If the tips don't quite reach your ear holes with a good seal, try something like a bi flange tip.

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #1,362 of 3,344
  is anyone else having this problem? so mi it03s are starting to "peel".i thought these were solid plastic but it looks like a layer of the iems is starting to bubble. ive kept these in significantly good condition  and never left them in the heat, and always store them with silica packets too in a pelican case so this is kind of annoying.

We have not had a report of this problem before. I have sent you a PM.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 10, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #1,365 of 3,344
  Hi, how does IT03 compare against Inear Stagediver SD in comfort and noise isolation?

The comfort will ultimately depend on your ear anatomy, however in my ears, both fit very well, with the German in-ear fitting ever so slightly better.

The SD series in-ears isolate more (their shells are entirely closed (, apart from the nozzle bore of course =P)).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back