IBasso Audio IT03
Dec 14, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #1,397 of 3,344
A very good iem. Ill say great iem basically a 2.5 clone and thats a good thing.

Dec 14, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #1,399 of 3,344
Dec 14, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #1,400 of 3,344
A very good iem. Ill say great iem basically a 2.5 clone and thats a good thing.

with great highs as well

totally it03 surprised me, as I told you this is a keeper iem so buy it when you get a chance as its nice to spice up your range of iems

Dec 14, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #1,402 of 3,344

Thank you for sharing. Have placed an order for A83 (balanced) with Penon Audio!

Of course... for those who are in the market for a 'feather' light cable (and resulting lighter wallet)... Linum cables to come quite highly recommended from fellow Head-Fi-ers (in other threads) too. Thought I'll post it if anyone is interested...

http://www.linum.dk/home

Dec 14, 2016 at 5:53 AM Post #1,403 of 3,344

The westone tips look like they have a tiny bore diameter, do they even really fit? I also think they are probably not right for me anyways because they look like they are going for a long narrow shape, which would make them aiming for a really deep insertion, which I have found is the worst possible way to wear these... for me at least as it creates the most pressure points, which causes discomfort and pain.

Speaking of, I think I may have finally found a way to wear the it03 mostly comfortable for extended periods of time. Large spin fit tips give me a very very shallow fit without putting much pressure on my ears. But they are definitely not as snug as a deeper fit, and I do lost a small amount of bass punch from wearing them shallow. Plus I think over time they have a tendency to slip out just a bit making the seal less than perfect, requiring somewhat frequent adjustment. But its better than not being able to wear them at all. Still not super comfortable, but comfortable enough for now, comfortable enough not to sell them, but I will still be waiting on some others to hope for the sound I like with more comfort.

If you're after a shallow and very comfortable fit try de-coring a pair of the cheap coloured (rounded version) comply type tips you can get of Aliexpress - the central part easily peels away quite cleanly if you used a scalpel.

They fit well without de-coring but I've found if yo de-core you can easily push the tip right down the stem and they are much more comfortable. Also, because the foam is slightly firm it also holds up quite well and there is much less impact on the highs compared to a Comply tip as it does not overhang the nozzle.

Dec 14, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #1,404 of 3,344
I find it odd that ibasso takes out an ad on the home page of head-fi and features their dap and this iem. 

Yet when you click the link and go to ibasso's website, there is no sign of any iem?

Am I missing something?

Dec 14, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #1,406 of 3,344
Joined the Ibasso fam. Thanks to @jmills8, @shotgunshane, and @Sound Eq, I decided to buy them. If I don't like, actually if I don't love, I'm sending each of you an invoice for 1/3 the cost of them!!

hahahahha 

well on one condition if you like it you will send me a paypal payment for 1/3 the price, as we went into testing things for you for free.

now as i mentioned without tip modding i take no responsibility :wink: and i mentioned that to you before you bought them, but still u have to pay me if you like them

but seriously this is a great iem and i bet you will love it alot alot alot

Dec 14, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #1,407 of 3,344
Joined the Ibasso fam. Thanks to jmills8, shotgunshane, and Sound Eq, I decided to buy them. If I don't like, actually if I don't love, I'm sending each of you an invoice for 1/3 the cost of them!!
If you dont recommend it then sell it to me.I have this cable waiting.

Ill change its connection.

Dec 14, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #1,409 of 3,344
Dec 15, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #1,410 of 3,344
Alright, after a quick search on eBay, it looks like I stumbled onto an apparent bargain, well one thing led to another, (and their hopefully a great iem). And after arguing with my self about buying more iem's, I hit the purchase on these nearly new, 3 month old fully boxed set, with only 15hr's of runtime.

Woohoo

Well I have my old Nordost Boulder m3 cable that i just redid all the mmcx connections on, in oyaide silver solder ready and waiting to be plugged.

They should be here mid next week, if all goes to plan.

After being introduced back to the great sound of a well built dynamic driver, through the LG hbs910 Bluetooth headset, this really sparked my interest in a hybrid IEM, and these fit the profile, from what I'm reading here.

Thanks for all the users input that helped make this purchase happen, this along with the sensational service that ibasso has been offering here. Made this an easy purchase, I'll report my findings and conclusions, at the end of burn in, and some hours of listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back