IBasso Audio IT03
Oct 8, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #691 of 3,344
  Hmmm, Penon shipped my IT03 on the 29th with Hongkong post. I received a tracking number and yesterday the status said the package had reached my country.

This afternoon I saw the courier drive by (he passed my house), but because the package didn't show up on their website so far I wasn't really surprised.
However: I just noticed that the status on Hongkong post now has changed into: The item (RE.........HK) was tendered for delivery on 8-Oct-2016 without success because the addressee was not available at the time of delivery. Addressee was advised to pick up the item.

The bold part is absolutely not the case, so now I'm worried!
eek.gif

Imo two (/three) scenarios are possible: either the post man was very busy (/lazy) and also didn't leave a notification in your letter box, or the package was delivered to a nearby customs office and you will receive a letter asking you to bring a proof of purchase and invoice to pick it up. If you have a mailbox address at your local postal office, it could also be that it was delivered there.

Was it dhl? I hear lots of horror stories online. Luckily I live in apartment so they always leave it at the office.

He said Hongkong post. :wink:
When it reaches the destination country, it will be forwarded and processed by the local postal company (which I assume would be PostNL).

Oct 8, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #692 of 3,344
Yep, normally it should be delivered by PostNL indeed, although the package still isn't traceable on their site.
DHL would have been an option if I had paid extra for express shipping, which I didn't in this case.

Anyhow, although I didn't get a notification, I will check if it's available at the nearest PostNL service point on Monday morning.
Would have been nice if I already could have listened / started with the 150 hrs burn-in this weekend
rolleyes.gif

Oct 8, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #694 of 3,344
I really like the soundstage on it03. In particular, I find it has great depth which is tough for iems to do.

Oct 8, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #695 of 3,344
I really like the soundstage on it03. In particular, I find it has great depth which is tough for iems to do.

I think this is where trying the different tips helps. I have noticed a few people saying they didn't hear much depth but I have always had very good depth and width, which is better than most any other IEM's and a number of headphones I have. This surprised me but is welcome for sure. 

Oct 8, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #698 of 3,344
Has anyone tried IT03 with comply foam tips? My ear gets irritation with silicon tips so I can only use foam tips and not sure how sound does change with foam tips whether it retains original sound sig or change noticeably...

Oct 8, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #699 of 3,344
Has anyone tried IT03 with comply foam tips? My ear gets irritation with silicon tips so I can only use foam tips and not sure how sound does change with foam tips whether it retains original sound sig or change noticeably...

It will probably do what comply do to all iems: destroy the highs and muffle the lows. I cannot understand why they are so popular.

Oct 8, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #700 of 3,344
It will probably do what comply do to all iems: destroy the highs and muffle the lows. I cannot understand why they are so popular.

I wouldn't go that far and say they're popular.
But they do occasionally provide a good sound with some specific IEMs, but not so often to be fair.
Especially when treble are initially a bit too bright.

Happened to me twice in 6 years.

Oct 8, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #701 of 3,344

I wouldn't go that far and say they're popular.
But they do occasionally provide a good sound with some specific IEMs, but not so often to be fair.
Especially when treble are initially a bit too bright.

Happened to me twice in 6 years.

Thank you for the feedback. For my physical condition, I can only use foam tips. I have ER4S and ER4SR and they provide foam tips (barrel shape) and it sounds same as silicon flange tips if it provides good seal and insert correct depth into ear canal. I also tried Campfire Audio Nova and Orion and they come with foam tips as stock and sounded fine without sacrificing low and high. I wonder if it is the case for IT03 or not in this case...   :)

Oct 8, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #702 of 3,344
Thank you for the feedback. For my physical condition, I can only use foam tips. I have ER4S and ER4SR and they provide foam tips (barrel shape) and it sounds same as silicon flange tips if it provides good seal and insert correct depth into ear canal. I also tried Campfire Audio Nova and Orion and they come with foam tips as stock and sounded fine without sacrificing low and high. I wonder if it is the case for IT03 or not in this case...   :)

If you need to avoid silicone then you need to use foam. Comply come stock with campfire products and I think they affect sq on all iems. However, maybe you like that or are less sensitive. Go with what works for you.

Oct 8, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #703 of 3,344
I get the same results with Comply tips... destroy the fidelity and a total no go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back