IBasso Audio IT03
Oct 8, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #676 of 3,344
Is Penon the only ones who sell this currently? Are there any other distributors? No direct sale from Ibasso?

Oct 8, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #677 of 3,344
  Is Penon the only ones who sell this currently? Are there any other distributors? No direct sale from Ibasso?

I also asked this specific question (in a pm) just before I ordered it at Penon. Paul answered:
''Because we make these by hand and check each one, we have not been able to keep up with demand. If I didn't have a pair even I couldn't walk out on the floor and get one. We are filling orders before we sell them directly.''

Don't know if there are any other distributors atm.

Oct 8, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #680 of 3,344
The more I listen to these the more I agree with Audio123 that these are a totl sound. The medium bore tips seem to have fixed any harsh or grain I was getting. These things are very balanced and sound very coherent to me. Extension on both ends is superb, and the wooly bass is disappearing and being replaced with something very mature and rich. Cool beans!
thank you. Like I said before, it is not a hype train.

Oct 8, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #681 of 3,344

There are, I could audition and buy them in Singapore at Stereo.com.sg
They're currently not listed on their website though...

Oct 8, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #682 of 3,344
They have powerful bass indeed, which is quite typical of hybrid configurations (not all of them but most).
Now it isn't bleeding into the mids strongly so the signature is still quite detailed and clear up there.

For sure, the bass is nothing like a flat BA-based signature.

I'd be curious to know what you were expecting, if you wish to elaborate a bit.

I've used several hybrids in the past, and they have varying sound signatures, so I don't think it's really fair to lump hybrids together. I did expect powerful bass but right now it feels intrusive. And again, I clearly tempered my statement with the fact that these aren't fully burned in yet. I'm also telling everyone I give a listen to that these have only reached 50% of the recommended burn in time, so they're fully informed. And finally, I'll reserve final judgement until these have reached at least 150 hours.

And I do want to give a big shout out to Paul - iBasso for sending me a pair to bring to CanJam RMAF. I think we both wish there was time to burn them in fully before I arrived, but at least interested people will be able to grab me abs get a listen!

Oct 8, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #687 of 3,344
I've used several hybrids in the past, and they have varying sound signatures, so I don't think it's really fair to lump hybrids together. I did expect powerful bass but right now it feels intrusive. And again, I clearly tempered my statement with the fact that these aren't fully burned in yet. I'm also telling everyone I give a listen to that these have only reached 50% of the recommended burn in time, so they're fully informed. And finally, I'll reserve final judgement until these have reached at least 150 hours.

And I do want to give a big shout out to @Paul - iBasso for sending me a pair to bring to CanJam RMAF. I think we both wish there was time to burn them in fully before I arrived, but at least interested people will be able to grab me abs get a listen!

looking forward to your impressions @nmatheis when you get them fully burned in, with other hybrid IEMs!!! thank you! drblue

Oct 8, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #688 of 3,344
Hmmm, Penon shipped my IT03 on the 29th with Hongkong post. I received a tracking number and yesterday the status said the package had reached my country.

This afternoon I saw the courier drive by (he passed my house), but because the package didn't show up on their website so far I wasn't really surprised.
However: I just noticed that the status on Hongkong post now has changed into: The item (RE.........HK) was tendered for delivery on 8-Oct-2016 without success because the addressee was not available at the time of delivery. Addressee was advised to pick up the item.

The bold part is absolutely not the case, so now I'm worried!
eek.gif

Oct 8, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #690 of 3,344
Hmmm, Penon shipped my IT03 on the 29th with Hongkong post. I received a tracking number and yesterday the status said the package had reached my country.

This afternoon I saw the courier drive by (he passed my house), but because the package didn't show up on their website so far I wasn't really surprised.
However: I just noticed that the status on Hongkong post now has changed into: The item (RE.........HK) was tendered for delivery on 8-Oct-2016 without success because the addressee was not available at the time of delivery. Addressee was advised to pick up the item.

The bold part is absolutely not the case, so now I'm worried! :eek:  

Was it dhl? I hear lots of horror stories online. Luckily I live in apartment so they always leave it at the office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back