IBasso Audio IT03
Oct 9, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #721 of 3,344
  @Paul - iBasso

Please think about classic shape of Your earphones when You will design iBasso's next TOTL iem. These sound great but some of us just can't fit them in our conchas. Please make it classic. That's why I had to let mine go.

I am sorry they did not fit you. We did test over 200 people for ear shape and fitting but I understand we are all very different. I have submitted your request.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 9, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #722 of 3,344

@Paul - iBasso

Please think about classic shape of Your earphones when You will design iBasso's next TOTL iem. These sound great but some of us just can't fit them in our conchas. Please make it classic. That's why I had to let mine go.

I am sorry they did not fit you. We did test over 200 people for ear shape and fitting but I understand we are all very different. I have submitted your request.

I think it would help when people make a comment about the fit issue to also include a picture with IT03 in their ears.

Oct 9, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #723 of 3,344
Despite the hype train and some who cannot get them to be comfortable, I am still looking very forward to getting these in my hands (er, ears).
I like the design and have really liked what I have heard so far from different hybrid set-ups I have. If IBasso can get this mix right, this will be a great piece for a wonderful price point. Can't wait to hear how it mingles with my DX80.

Now if we can just get them produce more and get them to the distributors quicker, we can start the show. (I am kidding, I would never want them to rush in production to get them to market quickly, quality takes time).

I am willing to wait to get a well-sorted out unit. But waiting hurts. Just saying...

Oct 9, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #724 of 3,344
  Despite the hype train and some who cannot get them to be comfortable, I am still looking very forward to getting these in my hands (er, ears).
I like the design and have really liked what I have heard so far from different hybrid set-ups I have. If IBasso can get this mix right, this will be a great piece for a wonderful price point. Can't wait to hear how it mingles with my DX80.

Now if we can just get them produce more and get them to the distributors quicker, we can start the show. (I am kidding, I would never want them to rush in production to get them to market quickly, quality takes time).

I am willing to wait to get a well-sorted out unit. But waiting hurts. Just saying...

I'm in the same boat and waiting for dealers in the USA before I purchase them. I can purchase them from Asia but potential warranty/returns would be easier dealing within the same country so I'm willing to wait. Hopefully before the end of the month I will be able to make a purchase. 

Oct 9, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #726 of 3,344
Anyone run this out of an LPG?   How's the synergy?

Oct 10, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #727 of 3,344
I never heard the JVC but I would never describe the IT03 as analytical. It is very fun and energetic.

Agree. IT03 are not an analytical IEM.

Were there many Westerners involved in the fit test, Paul? Chatting with some headfi buddies in Asia, I've found that we find different IEM shells fit us quite differently. This is across multiple people.

Anyone run this out of an LPG?   How's the synergy?

Once the IT03 Paul sent me have been fully burned in, I'll comment on synergy with LPG.

Oct 10, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #732 of 3,344
I find the shape of the shells to be quite comfortable.

I do, too. IT03 locks in place and stays put quite comfortably for me. Now I just need to complete burn in and evacuation!

RMAF and US politics have been distracting me.

BTW, I just bought Nighthawk at RMAF. So impressed by these "controversial" headphones and their team and approach. In the process of buying 99 Classics from the awesome Meze team, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back