IBasso Audio IT03
Sep 28, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #361 of 3,344
Hmm, I really wanted to follow this thread to get more knowledge about the it03 but after reading the last couple of pages I'd guess this is the wrong place to look (unfortunately)...............

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #362 of 3,344
try with spinfit. I have tried the it03 with many top cables and hate to admit stock cable is as good as aftermarket cables. Have yet to pair the it03 with a 8 core cable yet

Those stock cables does pack a punch! Presently these babies are 25 hours / 150 hours and my impatience are kinda crawling up my sleeves... :frowning2:

Yeah I was thinking Spinfit might be best. I ordered a cable from Effect Audio a few days, but I'm sure I can end up using that for other IEMs if the stock cable is just as good for the IT03.

Aside from jon, is there anyone out there who has tried using the Fidue's tips on the IT03?

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #363 of 3,344
which effect audio cable did u order? I tried with their whole range from mars to the new eros2+ and dont find any impact to it.

Maybe these will give some impact.. 
ksc75smile.gif

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ImpactAudioCables

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #364 of 3,344

try with spinfit. I have tried the it03 with many top cables and hate to admit stock cable is as good as aftermarket cables. Have yet to pair the it03 with a 8 core cable yet

Those stock cables does pack a punch! Presently these babies are 25 hours / 150 hours and my impatience are kinda crawling up my sleeves... :frowning2:

Yeah I was thinking Spinfit might be best. I ordered a cable from Effect Audio a few days, but I'm sure I can end up using that for other IEMs if the stock cable is just as good for the IT03.

Aside from jon, is there anyone out there who has tried using the Fidue's tips on the IT03?

During burn in the spin tips gave the 'best' sound [well balanced] but they were a very deep insertion
The fidue tips sit more / and seal in the outer ear area although listening& using them now i think its important to note that technicly they are the largest sized tips I own 
and as such they a have a tight seal -
Ive just swopped out from using the small bore large tip that came with the IT03 and Im quite taken aback at the [increased] difference in warmth, richness and low end
- its like a different earphone. the housing is sitting quite far out from the ear! With the Spintips the housing was almost flat to the ear o_0
With these specific tips [fidue white large] Im reminded very much of the Fidue A83's house sound (I loved the low end of them and miss them dearly)

Suffice it to say I think tip selection / seal / fit are going to be an important aspect  :)

Its been quite a humbling experience - If I hadn't tried the Fidue tips I would not have been aware of this different/particular sound signature that they brought to the table

I don't think I mentioned in my review but Comply Foam tips compliment the IT03's very well although as might be expected they roll of the top end a bit
and add a noticeable overall warmth. Quite pleasant though

Like everyone else Im also super interested to hear others feedback!
*bites tongue* :wink:

Sep 28, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #365 of 3,344
I tried the Spinfit and didn't like them. I found the quality of the sound decreased. Some have found better highs and lows with them but I got just the opposite. This goes to show that the type of tip for you will vary and it is something you have to try for yourself. I was sure I was using them wrong, due to all the glowing reports but in the end, they didn't work for me. Nothing wrong or right about that and it is nice to have choices to customize this type of  IEM. I have found that large bore type of tips work best for me. Medium tips produce a tighter fit for me with more bass while small tips give just about the right bass, a more airy sound over the medium tips and battery layering and depth. What surprises me is that the depth and width of the IT03 is up there with my JH13Pro freq phase. They do sound different in other regards, having a lower bass compared to the JH13. On comfort I find the IT03 as comfortable as my custom IEM. The housing of the IT03 has the same basic feel as the JH13, not feeling like plastic or cheap. 

Sep 28, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #366 of 3,344
Does anyone happen to have the Trinity Audio or Westone bluetooth cable? I've been trying some bluetooth earphones lately and thinking something like this could do well. Once these are available on Amazon I'll probably purchase them.

Sep 28, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #367 of 3,344
  Does anyone happen to have the Trinity Audio or Westone bluetooth cable? I've been trying some bluetooth earphones lately and thinking something like this could do well. Once these are available on Amazon I'll probably purchase them.

Has bluetooth improved enough in sound quality to work well? I read reports that it doesn't deliver on sound quality. 

Sep 28, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #368 of 3,344
I tried the Spinfit and didn't like them. I found the quality of the sound decreased. Some have found better highs and lows with them but I got just the opposite. This goes to show that the type of tip for you will vary and it is something you have to try for yourself. I was sure I was using them wrong, due to all the glowing reports but in the end, they didn't work for me. Nothing wrong or right about that and it is nice to have choices to customize this type of  IEM. I have found that large bore type of tips work best for me. Medium tips produce a tighter fit for me with more bass while small tips give just about the right bass, a more airy sound over the medium tips and battery layering and depth. What surprises me is that the depth and width of the IT03 is up there with my JH13Pro freq phase. They do sound different in other regards, having a lower bass compared to the JH13. On comfort I find the IT03 as comfortable as my custom IEM. The housing of the IT03 has the same basic feel as the JH13, not feeling like plastic or cheap. 

Less bass than JH13 FP with any tip you've tried? Or did you mean it another way, like more lower bass focused than JH13 FP?

Sep 28, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #369 of 3,344

Has bluetooth improved enough in sound quality to work well? I read reports that it doesn't deliver on sound quality. 

The majority of bluetooth earphones are terrible at least to the standards of this forum. The only decent sounding one retails at around $100. There is still room for improvement (technology wise) however I would like to test out where the earphones already sound good wired. The mmcx bluetooth cables are recent so should be a good idea to see how good they can sound. 

Sep 28, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #370 of 3,344
Less bass than JH13 FP with any tip you've tried? Or did you mean it another way, like more lower bass focused than JH13 FP?

The IT03 go lower in the bass compared to the JH13 FP. The bass also stays well articulated, which is important to me. 

The majority of bluetooth earphones are terrible at least to the standards of this forum. The only decent sounding one retails at around $100. There is still room for improvement (technology wise) however I would like to test out where the earphones already sound good wired. The mmcx bluetooth cables are recent so should be a good idea to see how good they can sound. 

Interesting. I look forward to what your impressions are. 

Sep 28, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #371 of 3,344

I've noticed it a little mate recently, people are trying to tell you something, they're becoming a little agitated how to go about it. I think maybe if you can slow down a little and be a little more constructive with your posts, form a little stronger foundation behind them. Say why you think they're great, what part of the sound, build etc makes you feel that why. 

I don't personally dislike you, I want to help you. Because what can happen if it continues is you'll ruin your reputation, and once that happens people won't believe a thing you say.  I'm trying to help you, not hurt you. 

My point entirely, I have nothing against review/comments/quick opinions and I'm glad they are a number of people doing those for us who live in countries where you can't demo anything that goes into ears.
But absolute comments CANNOT apply to audio when it comes to sound signature. They may apply to objective parameters such as built quality for example.
So let's all make efforts to avoid things such as "best thing I've ever heard", "IEM of the century!" and others that won't help anyone choosing his/her gear.

Coming back to this topic, I'm spending the week in Singapore, where you can demo pretty much any IEMs including 3000$ pairs.
I spent about 2 hours auditioning these iBasso against T8ie, K10U and a few others (UM Martian, UM Miraclev2, CH 8.2, Jomo 4 and 5...).

Honestly, I would agree that these IT03 are truely good value for the money because they sound very articulate, natural (especially treble, which are the downfall of many expensive IEMs), with enticing bass and a good amount of details. But let's face it, the ergonomics are not for everyone (the protuberance which is supposed to stabilize the shell in the upper part of the concha is going to hurt people with small ears). And the good level of details is not on the same level as K10U or CH 8.2 to quote the best ones I tried in this area. Even my modest Angies are providing more details, although I like the IT03 treble better because Angies' treble are a bit too recessed compared to all the IEMs I listed above.

And I strongly recommend that people demo the A&K T8ie if they want a reference in terms of bass rumble and extension for IEMs, this Tesla driver is delivering fully on this side of the spectrum. This is the closest thing to full headphones that I have experienced so far, and it doesn't need 12 BA drivers to do it. At least the IT03 are doing better that the UM Martians and their 2 dynamic drivers (biggest disappointment of my day, why going through the trouble of using 2 DD / 2 BA if the result is less bass slam than competitors with 1 DD / 2-3-4 BA ?).

Conclusion: very good product with a good crossover resulting in a very natural sound (very flat V shape in my opinion, but mids are still there and very clear). Ergonomic to be checked before buying, they ARE big in the conchas.

Sep 28, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #372 of 3,344
Originally Posted by tienbasse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Coming back to this topic, I'm spending the week in Singapore, where you can demo pretty much any IEMs including 3000$ pairs.
I spent about 2 hours auditioning these iBasso against T8ie, K10U and a few others (UM Martian, UM Miraclev2, CH 8.2, Jomo 4 and 5...).

Honestly, I would agree that these IT03 are truely good value for the money because they sound very articulate, natural (especially treble, which are the downfall of many expensive IEMs), with enticing bass and a good amount of details. But let's face it, the ergonomics are not for everyone (the protuberance which is supposed to stabilize the shell in the upper part of the concha is going to hurt people with small ears). And the good level of details is not on the same level as K10U or CH 8.2 to quote the best ones I tried in this area. Even my modest Angies are providing more details, although I like the IT03 treble better because Angies' treble are a bit too recessed compared to all the IEMs I listed above.

And I strongly recommend that people demo the A&K T8ie if they want a reference in terms of bass rumble and extension for IEMs, this Tesla driver is delivering fully on this side of the spectrum. This is the closest thing to full headphones that I have experienced so far, and it doesn't need 12 BA drivers to do it. At least the IT03 are doing better that the UM Martians and their 2 dynamic drivers (biggest disappointment of my day, why going through the trouble of using 2 DD / 2 BA if the result is less bass slam than competitors with 1 DD / 2-3-4 BA ?).

Conclusion: very good product with a good crossover resulting in a very natural sound (very flat V shape in my opinion, but mids are still there and very clear). Ergonomic to be checked before buying, they ARE big in the conchas.

Very interesting post as it puts things around the IT03 a bit in perspective
rolleyes.gif

I'm not surprised that details are not on the same level as K10U and CH 8.2 ( did you mean the Custom Art H8.2?). But let's not forget the difference in pricetag here, like you wrote: these IT03 are truely good value for the money. It would be almost a miracle in my book as it really could hold up to (c)iems that cost around 4 times as much. Of course there's also the question mark if the ones you auditioned had passed the requested 150 hrs burn-in time.

I hope the fit/shape is about the same as the InEar StageDiver models. I had the SD2 and consider them still as the best fitting / most comfortable universals I've ever had/tried. That part about the conchas worries me a bit, but we'll see how it works out...

Thanks for sharing and enjoy your stay in Singapore! 

Sep 28, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #373 of 3,344
Hmm, when I had the k10 I actually didn't find them very detailed. I find the andromeda much more detailed (mids for sure), and some are saying the it03 is more detailed in upper mids. I guess I will see for myself later this week.

Sep 28, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #374 of 3,344
At the end of the day, sound is very subjective. I wouldn't expect these to be direct competitors to the k10, Katana, UM Maestro, Zeus, etc because the gigantic price difference. It is really all about the price to performance ratio for these. Mine are still burning in so I can't really comment yet, but for me it seems like the fit is great (similar to Inear SD4) once you get the right tips. I also don't find the K10 to be that detailed, and the Katana and Andromeda to be much more detailed, but everyone has a difference preference/different sources/ different music when evaluating IEMs.

Sep 28, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #375 of 3,344
  At the end of the day, sound is very subjective. I wouldn't expect these to be direct competitors to the k10, Katana, UM Maestro, Zeus, etc because the gigantic price difference. It is really all about the price to performance ratio for these. Mine are still burning in so I can't really comment yet, but for me it seems like the fit is great (similar to Inear SD4) once you get the right tips. I also don't find the K10 to be that detailed, and the Katana and Andromeda to be much more detailed, but everyone has a difference preference/different sources/ different music when evaluating IEMs.

I would tend to think that the detail level of Katanas is partially biaised by the flatter singature (note I didn't say flat), especially on the bass side.
Same for Andromeda.

If you like a bit more bass (as I do), you will lose some details in the lower mids even with a very good crossover. But I'm willing to accept this.
I demo-ed the last iteration of Jomo 6 today, flat as a board, you immediately spot some minor details, partially because you can also increase the volume a bit more with a flat signature.

As you say, very subjective in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back