I need recommendations for a new MP3 player. (Sick and tired of dealing with my iphone 3G)
Jul 5, 2010 at 6:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Solid Snake

1000+ Head-Fier
So for a while, I have been using my iphone 3G as a music player. I haven't had major issues with it until a couple of days ago.

I saw that apple released a new update 4.0. So I updated it and now my iphone is "bricked" if that is the correct term. And I have not done any kind of software modding what-so-ever.

So now when I restored my phone, it wiped everything (contacts, music, etc). And now itunes won't recognize my iPhone. I spent HOURS trying to get it working with no luck.

/rant...I just wanted to give you an idea where I am coming from.

So I am now looking for an MP3 player. I want something with good quality and is very reliable. My budget can go up to $100. Memory size should be no smaller than 2GB. A screen of some sort would be nice. I would like it to be durable to. My biggest worry though is the loading time of the MP3 player. I absolutely hate it when there's like a 2-3 second delay when flipping through songs. I am hoping to find one that loads fast.

Thank you! And Apple, no thanks to you. I still hate you.

Jul 5, 2010 at 6:59 AM Post #2 of 5
By the way, I would like something that would utilize Winamp since it supports a large amount of formats, if that is even a possibility.

The Sandisk Sansa doesn't look like a terrible way to go. I am willing to take any other suggestions. I'll be making my purchase tomorrow.

Jul 5, 2010 at 8:25 AM Post #3 of 5
Sansa Fuze is probably the way to go, or even the clip+ if you want smaller and cheaper. Both have more than decent sound for the price.

Apr 1, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #5 of 5
I think you can get a used cowon J3 for less than 200, if you go for the 8gb one? S9 (which is the same thing as J3 without the micro sd slot, and obviously the exterior) can be bought for less. Fantastic AMOLED screen and more than 50 hr battery life for both models. Check out the FS threads!  The touch response isn't as smooth as apple products, (I have both itouch and J3) but it's still good. I use J3 for music and itouch for internet and apps. Also, you can organize music into folders, so it's MUCH more organized than the apple stuff, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back