I need help finding a headphone.
Nov 19, 2012 at 9:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Ketuh

New Head-Fier
While searching I came across this site a lot, so I decided to ask it here.

I need an affordable (max +- € 400) headphone that sounds quite awesome.

- closed back
- connectable to my ipod touch without amp
- clear, well balanced sound
- I listen to a lot of music but mostly metal, punk, rock, stoner,...

if you guy's need more info to advise me a good headphone, just ask.

thanks for your time.

Nov 19, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #2 of 5
Hi Ketuh

Denon AH-D2000 all the way, it was my first "real" headphone and it definitely is a strong competitor, although it can be slightly sibilant for my liking on certain tracks.
It runs slightly quiet when plugged into my iPhone 4, so I'd assume the same thing for the iPod but definitely audible.
I can not really comment on whether or not it is balanced as I'm still fairly new to the audiophile scene, but at least they sound fun?

Cheers,
James

Nov 19, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
While searching I came across this site a lot, so I decided to ask it here.

I need an affordable (max +- € 400) headphone that sounds quite awesome.

- closed back
- connectable to my ipod touch without amp
- clear, well balanced sound
- I listen to a lot of music but mostly metal, punk, rock, stoner,...

if you guy's need more info to advise me a good headphone, just ask.

thanks for your time.

Heya,

Mr Speakers Mad Dog
Ultrasone PRO 750
AudioTechnica A900X
Denon D600
AKG K167 & K267
AKG K550

Very best,

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #4 of 5
I'm thinking of buying the k550. But I want a very good headphone that will last a while. So is that more expensive denon worth the extra? I'm rather new to good audio with my very good hi-fi set. comparing with this set, I know that my current headphone sucks and I want a really good headphone too. I hear a lot of good comments about the K550. So is this THE best headphone on the market? Or is it extraordinary good in its price range, and so the Denon still is better because the makers put a lot more time in it?
And is there a headphone that doesn 't look that hideous like the Denon D600 in the same pricecategory (with better sound than the k550)? 

I hope you get what I'm trying to say. cause I think I'm not that good at explaining things.

thanks again for helping me out. It's so hard to choose when you can't test them before you buy.

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
I'm thinking of buying the k550. But I want a very good headphone that will last a while. So is that more expensive denon worth the extra? I'm rather new to good audio with my very good hi-fi set. comparing with this set, I know that my current headphone sucks and I want a really good headphone too. I hear a lot of good comments about the K550. So is this THE best headphone on the market? Or is it extraordinary good in its price range, and so the Denon still is better because the makers put a lot more time in it?
And is there a headphone that doesn 't look that hideous like the Denon D600 in the same pricecategory (with better sound than the k550)? 

I hope you get what I'm trying to say. cause I think I'm not that good at explaining things.

thanks again for helping me out. It's so hard to choose when you can't test them before you buy.

Best for the money in this category is going to most likely be voted by 100 people here to be the Mad Dogs.

Otherwise, the K550 is excellent. The D600 is not better, it's just another flavor.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back