I have WOOD!! Review of ESW10JPN vs. AD2000
Nov 19, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #31 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool_Torpedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW, why are you so interested in the L3000, have you ever listened to them? If so, please let me know, I'm quite curious what's your take on them.

Because I had a chance to listen to them (only for short period of time) and its presentation (especially bass) was just so powerful. Very hard hitting bass that emulates punch in the stomach. And I'm not a big basshead-type person, rather, I'm quite critical of bass presentation more than anything. I could not find any faults with those lovely beasts - midrange and treble were very natural and was not recessed even with presence of that wonderful bass.

Nov 19, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #32 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because I had a chance to listen to them (only for short period of time) and its presentation (especially bass) was just so powerful. Very hard hitting bass that emulates punch in the stomach. And I'm not a big basshead-type person, rather, I'm quite critical of bass presentation more than anything. I could not find any faults with those lovely beasts - midrange and treble were very natural and was not recessed even with presence of that wonderful bass.

I see. I guess your exposition to them was quite short and under meeting conditions. Not implying they're bad cans or have gross defects, but IMHO for someone who seems to appreciate correct timbre, resolution and "evolved" treble, they're not that outstanding. Quite enjoyable nonetheless, and impressive at first listen.

Nov 19, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #33 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool_Torpedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see. I guess your exposition to them was quite short and under meeting conditions. Not implying they're bad cans or have gross defects, but IMHO for someone who seems to appreciate correct timbre, resolution and "evolved" treble, they're not that outstanding. Quite enjoyable nonetheless, and impressive at first listen.

They probably won't be my "only" cans that I'll have though.
I think they'll make a great alternative from O2 Mk1.

Nov 19, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #34 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1

You should try some Edition 9 then...

Nov 19, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #35 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should try some Edition 9 then...

I tried to like it, but I can't
frown.gif
... I liked some part of its presentation, but overall, not a can I would live with
frown.gif

Nov 20, 2008 at 1:28 AM Post #36 of 94
Thanks Red for an informative review/comparison. I am considering the AD2000's as opposed to getting the 10's as I have a pair of 9's that I truly enjoy and are used portably. I dunno if I could sport the AD2000 outside on the trolleys. Not to threadjack but these AT cans look interesting.

Nov 20, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #37 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheemo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Red for an informative review/comparison. I am considering the AD2000's as opposed to getting the 10's as I have a pair of 9's that I truly enjoy and are used portably. I dunno if I could sport the AD2000 outside on the trolleys. Not to threadjack but these AT cans look interesting.

ehhh I'll look for someone else to bite the bullet first...I'll pass on A2000X for now until price goes down
wink.gif

Nov 20, 2008 at 2:29 AM Post #38 of 94
Quote:

Oh crap. No wonder why lighting conditions were different.
My apologies for LobsterSan for stealing his pictures
frown.gif
.... I'll take it off if he wants me to take it off (that sounded dirty). Anyways, PM me.

No problem, feel free to use the pics. I've got no qualms over their use and they can be distributed freely. There's no need to take it off... to take it all off... but of course you're free to do whatever you like in the privacy of your domicile.
evil_smiley.gif

Oh, and also -- very nice writeup!

Nov 20, 2008 at 2:32 AM Post #39 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by LobsterSan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No problem, feel free to use the pics. I've got no qualms over their use and they can be distributed freely. There's no need to take it off... to take it all off... but of course you're free to do whatever you like in the privacy of your domicile.
evil_smiley.gif

Oh, and also -- very nice writeup!

ah thank you for both use of your pics and kind compliments!
wink.gif

These are really wonderful pair of cans and I do like them very much
biggrin.gif

Nov 20, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #41 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate you
tongue.gif

But seriously, nice review. I thought I had quit head-fi but threads like these are slowly bringing me back in...
frown.gif

you're welcome.
wink.gif

Nov 20, 2008 at 3:43 AM Post #42 of 94
Quote:

L3000, on the other hand... Mmmmm Some day mate, some day.

I've pretty much given up hope there. I doubt I can ever afford one as of this point... Its gone past $2500 IIANM.
frown.gif

My dreams have been crushed...

Quote:

Line up behind Fitz, Jonathan, WreckedPorche....I'm guessing around 5 year wait. Also my gf has to approve it beforehand.
wink.gif

Dammit! I thought I was the first one in line.
I bring cream to the playing table dammit! Cream!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

They probably won't be my "only" cans that I'll have though.
I think they'll make a great alternative from O2 Mk1.

In a perfect world, this would be it for me too. Except that I'd have to throw in the Lambda Signatures too.
wink.gif

I was reading the Jade thread yesterday... the last 5 pages are really scary... It sucks you in.
ph34r.gif

I had to close it and run away.

Any plans to get the Jade mate?
tongue.gif

Nov 20, 2008 at 6:56 AM Post #44 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by xrfxlove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice review, but I still think W2002 are the better choice, better looking and sound.
What? you say it is too expensive?You’re in high end!

...k.Still not portable though.

Great cans - and largely overlooked on this forum. Unfortunately, I'm most likely to skip and and go for L3000s instead
wink.gif
[size=xx-small]sometime in the future[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back