I have WOOD!! Review of ESW10JPN vs. AD2000
Nov 20, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #46 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by xrfxlove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope I can see your review for L3000 soon. Anyway, I like those ones I can see the wood.

I love my wood too
smily_headphones1.gif

I won't be getting L3000 for at least a year, unfortunately
wink.gif

Nov 21, 2008 at 7:27 AM Post #49 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by nocturnalsheet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
unfortunately, selling kidney in my country is not legalise yet.

so even if i wanted to, there will be no buyers. haha

just do it where it's legal
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by palestofwhite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude you are very extreme...

3 more weeks till my esw10 arrives... Thanks to AT S.E.A for shifting.

.....do they put the headphones in a bottle and float it over the sea?

Nov 22, 2008 at 8:17 AM Post #50 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by l1f35ux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great review !!!

thanks, but I wonder if you actually read my review, since you took less than 2 minutes before posting 3 posts. Trying to sell something eh? try to make it less obvious please.

Quote:

I want to know about the bass sound
which one gives more impact

Quote:

SE is new version of E

Quote:

Quote:

it's really good soundstage and details

Quote:

nice!!

Quote:

umm..

Quote:

it's not discontinue
it's a good pair of buds

Quote:

get an advice from Shure

Quote:

nice comparison

Quote:

D2!!

Quote:

try foam pads

try to put more effort into posting - this is not helping anybody.

Nov 22, 2008 at 8:22 AM Post #51 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks, but I wonder if you actually read my review, since you took less than 2 minutes before posting 3 posts. Trying to sell something eh? try to make it less obvious please.

I reported him earlier - He has gone from 0-50 in 24 hours, and the majority of his posts are worthless.

[edit - up to 51 in just the time it took me to type my post]

Nov 22, 2008 at 8:28 AM Post #52 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I reported him earlier - He has gone from 0-50 in 24 hours, and the majority of his posts are worthless.

[edit - up to 51 in just the time it took me to type my post]

thanks! I wasn't sure if I was allowed to report those things....whether it was against the rules or not.

How's your AD2000 doing?

Nov 22, 2008 at 8:40 AM Post #53 of 94
Quote:

thanks! I wasn't sure if I was allowed to report those things....whether it was against the rules or not.

How's your AD2000 doing?

So far I haven't found anything to argue with in your review. But, I haven't hardly covered any ground to duplicate what you have looked at yet, as I was finishing up my Nuforce IEM review tonight. I'll spend more time with the AD2000 and ESW10 this weekend.

So far I do find the ESW10 to sound a little more grounded or solid, and the AD2000 are a little more airy and light. There is a little more fullness or body to the ESW10 which are a little more forward, while the AD2000 give you a little bigger picture and distance between you and the music.

I kinda think about my APS V3 RS-1 when I listen to the Cardas cabled AD2000 in that they are both crisp and detailed and speedy, but without as much richness or warmth in the AD2000 and not as much soundstage in the RS-1. My old SR-325i kinda fit between the two and were a little more solid sounding than the AD2000 but not as warm/rich as the RS-1. I'll try comparing the RS-1 and AD2000 directly instead of from memory this weekend, but the AD2000 have the advantage in comfort over the others for sure.

I might still like my APS v2 D2000 with markl woodies and stuffed ear-pads more than the AD2000 or RS-1/SR-325i too.

PS: The AD2000 are used and look like they have enough break-in hours on them due to some earpad wear. The ESW-10 have over 150 hours on them, and haven't changed a lot in the past 50-75 hours, after the initial smoothing out in the first 50-75 hours.

Nov 22, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #55 of 94
Quote:

good to hear that your experience was a positive one. How's the fit? are your ears touching the drivers?

I have a slightly loose fit with the AD2000, like someone already did the "bend the headphones over a pillow to stretch the head-band" trick before I got them. So, the AD2000 drivers are a little farther from my ears which only touch the ear-pads (suede?).

Nov 22, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #56 of 94
ahh, I got my first pair used and it was stretched quite a bit. just few weeks ago, I got Donunus' old pair and his was very tight - with bottom of the cups basically touching each other - that gave a bit of honky midrange.

Nov 25, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #58 of 94
Quote:

So far I haven't found anything to argue with in your review. But, I haven't hardly covered any ground to duplicate what you have looked at yet, as I was finishing up my Nuforce IEM review tonight. I'll spend more time with the AD2000 and ESW10 this weekend.

So far I do find the ESW10 to sound a little more grounded or solid, and the AD2000 are a little more airy and light. There is a little more fullness or body to the ESW10 which are a little more forward, while the AD2000 give you a little bigger picture and distance between you and the music.

I kinda think about my APS V3 RS-1 when I listen to the Cardas cabled AD2000 in that they are both crisp and detailed and speedy, but without as much richness or warmth in the AD2000 and not as much soundstage in the RS-1. My old SR-325i kinda fit between the two and were a little more solid sounding than the AD2000 but not as warm/rich as the RS-1. I'll try comparing the RS-1 and AD2000 directly instead of from memory this weekend, but the AD2000 have the advantage in comfort over the others for sure.

I might still like my APS v2 D2000 with markl woodies and stuffed ear-pads more than the AD2000 or RS-1/SR-325i too.

PS: The AD2000 are used and look like they have enough break-in hours on them due to some earpad wear. The ESW-10 have over 150 hours on them, and haven't changed a lot in the past 50-75 hours, after the initial smoothing out in the first 50-75 hours.

Quoting myself - more comments. I do like the APS V2 markl woodied D2000 better than AD2000 or ESW10, but...

I am really liking these ESW10 very much, and after 9 days with my ESW10 and 4-5 days with my broken-in used Cardas cabled AD2000 I am preferring to listen to the ESW10. I keep feeling like I need to give the AD2000 more of a chance to win me over, but I keep picking up the D2000 and ESW10 instead.

Although the AD2000 are technically superior in some ways, they just don't have the magic there for me like the ESW10 or my markl woodied APS cabled D2000. The ESW10 just seem to involve me more in the music, are maybe more euphonic. These ESW10 are almost as enjoyable as my modded D2000, but the D2000 after the mods have picked up a similar amount of detail while being more extended in the highs and more powerful in the bass (the ESW10 will play very deep to 25Hz easily, just don't have pounding bass like the Denon).

I have over 200 hours on the ESW10 and they don't change a whole lot with burn-in like Ultrasones, but their burn-in is more like a Sennheiser as they retain their initial sound signature and become smoother and more refined.

Nov 25, 2008 at 3:08 AM Post #59 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate you
tongue.gif

But seriously, nice review. I thought I had quit head-fi but threads like these are slowly bringing me back in...
frown.gif

What? Quit Head-Fi?! This is blasphemy!

(Sorry for the irrelevant post, Red.)

Nov 25, 2008 at 5:45 AM Post #60 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by SaFax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good review.
I've ad2k and I hesitate to order esw10 from jp.

Thank about your comparison for my decision.

No problem. good luck!

Quote:

Quoting myself - more comments. I do like the APS V2 markl woodied D2000 better than AD2000 or ESW10, but...

I am really liking these ESW10 very much, and after 9 days with my ESW10 and 4-5 days with my broken-in used Cardas cabled AD2000 I am preferring to listen to the ESW10. I keep feeling like I need to give the AD2000 more of a chance to win me over, but I keep picking up the D2000 and ESW10 instead.

Although the AD2000 are technically superior in some ways, they just don't have the magic there for me like the ESW10 or my markl woodied APS cabled D2000. The ESW10 just seem to involve me more in the music, are maybe more euphonic. These ESW10 are almost as enjoyable as my modded D2000, but the D2000 after the mods have picked up a similar amount of detail while being more extended in the highs and more powerful in the bass (the ESW10 will play very deep to 25Hz easily, just don't have pounding bass like the Denon).

I have over 200 hours on the ESW10 and they don't change a whole lot with burn-in like Ultrasones, but their burn-in is more like a Sennheiser as they retain their initial sound signature and become smoother and more refined.

Hmmm what type of music did you test them with? I listen to 50% classical and 50% rock (also very small range of electronica, but mostly massive attack and portishead), so AD2K has edge on that regard. I thought ESW10 were tad too thick sounding for some type of music while AD2K had better balance between instruments.. That might be difference in our preferences.

Yup. ESW10s are euphoric, but AD2K does it in more seductive ways for me
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What? Quit Head-Fi?! This is blasphemy!

(Sorry for the irrelevant post, Red.)

You shall be sentenced to be catapulted to stage of Australian top gear. where you will be forced to laugh at their jokes.

No, post away
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back