I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Jun 4, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #1,021 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Photoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was like a thin strip goes over it. I think something was removed.. If anybody who's you tube is working can you please let me know what files you have on ur sony, like working files. Maybe a app was deleted or something. It's a shame too. because I like the sound and built.

The only extra file I see ( I have hide hidden files/folders off) is capability_00 ? I don't even see system files? Hopefully we can shovel the US firmware on this when it's available, just to mess with slacker.

Jun 4, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #1,022 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mors /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do any of you X owners know how it compares to other Daps+External Amp? E.g the Touch 2G + a RSA amp?

Would be interested to hear if any of you have had a LOD + Amp setup before and now have an X.

Me and sooz booth had the touch 2g plus the mustang. To me the X is very close to that combo Imho. The resolution (separation of instruments and the tonal detail is amazing) and the bass is better than the touch/mustang combo, at least with PFE. Where the mustang/touch combo beats the X is in power (obviously) and sound stage. But I like the extra low end of the X and the presentation is very 3d like the amp combo.

I'm very happy with the sound for such a small package, it bests the new zune which I always thought was the best sounding dap without an external amp. I bought the X for the sound, I could care less if the browser works or you tube, that stuff is nice but from having my touch - I know how quick it drains the battery. If I bough this for a touch like device I would be dissapointed, I bought it for the s-master amp and the sony sound in 32 gigs, maybe sony will never put this amp in another portable? who knows? At least I have it
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 4, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #1,023 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me and sooz booth had the touch 2g plus the mustang. The X is very close to that combo Imho. The resolution (separation of instruments and the tonal detail is amazing) and the bass is better than the touch/mustang combo, at least with PFE. Where the mustang/touch combo beats the X is in power (obviously) and sound stage. But I like the extra low end of the X and the presentation is very 3d like the amp combo.

I'm very happy with the sound for such a small package, it bests the new zune which I always thought was the best sounding dap without an external amp.

Yes, soundstage and power is the main difference. And I agree that tonal detail is quite phenomenal with the X.

Also, the X is half the price of the Touch/P-51, weighs a lot less and is wonderfully portable.

Jun 4, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #1,025 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrinceOfEgypt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long do i need to burn in the FX500's?

I have had them playing on and off bar a few hours since monday!

There's no 'set' time PofE. I like to listen while they burn in
regular_smile .gif

Jun 4, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #1,027 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's no 'set' time PofE. I like to listen while they burn in
regular_smile .gif

Until it's own tread starts off, then you get people claiming it only opens up after 500+ hours or even more. And that is no joke, see some other threads about IEM's.
I completely agree with Soozieq; sometimes I do anovernight burn-in to remove sharp treble or boombass, but as soon as a component is enjoyable (and that is what it is for) it'll have to burn in on the go; nice idea too that you're propierty will continue to improve.

Jun 4, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #1,028 of 3,761
Oh, was anyone looking for batch artwork adding to their library?
Try Media Jukebox. Free, and works like a charm.

Jun 4, 2009 at 11:03 PM Post #1,030 of 3,761
Quote:

Thanks for the information, I have spoken to our technical team and they have notified me that the issue is due to the X Series not yet released in the US."

I hope this is true.

I hope you are right as well.
Anyone know the return policy for advancedmp3players.co.uk ? I'm just wondering if I wait for the X to be released here and it still doesnt work if I can still return it.
But I might just return it anyway and get one here so I can have the Slacker app as well.
Unless the slacker app will magically appear on my screen when its released here. But I doubt it.
Any reccomendations?

Jun 5, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #1,032 of 3,761
scourge18a, Its 7 days from the delivery date. I wonder what would happen when the us version come out and a firmware update. Can I flash it? Who knows we may get the slacker app. If we gonna get a refund its have to happen now.

Jun 5, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #1,033 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Photoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got an email from Advancemp3 and this what they said about the you tube.
"Hi,

Thanks for the information, I have spoken to our technical team and they have notified me that the issue is due to the X Series not yet released in the US."

I hope this is true.

That makes no sense, I live in the US and my youtube works fine.
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back