I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Jun 5, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #1,051 of 3,761
Thanks Soozie... :)

What volume do you normally have to push to with the jvc's?

Also what tips would best to use? Im confused as to which ones are the silicone and which are the foam!??

Jun 5, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #1,052 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Neeley-
Glad it got sorted out. Maybe they'll dispatch it today if you're lucky, unless you opted for free delivery with the original order? You can check 'your account' anyway and 'track packages'. If it says 'dispatching soon', it could ship out later
ksc75smile.gif

Cheers Sooz.

Estimated delivery date 08-06. I'm on that prime free trial until the 28th so it's next day free delivery.

But it's Weekend.
frown.gif

It'll be like getting my new toy all over again.
L3000.gif
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #1,053 of 3,761
You might get it sooner that you think.

I ordered mine on Friday with super savings and it said that expexted delivery on Wednesday or Thursday and then checked again on Saturday morning it said despatched, wot
biggrin.gif
and got it on Monday
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 5, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #1,054 of 3,761
Amazon's delivery service is getting much better. I routinely get stuff delivered the next day despite using the Super Saver delivery. Don't see much point subscribing to Prime, though they do have their perks as well.

Jun 5, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #1,059 of 3,761
Has this been answered? Asked? How does the Clip compare to the X series?

Jun 5, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #1,060 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrinceOfEgypt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im confused as to which ones are the silicone and which are the foam!??

They come with the silicone tips attached, the foam ones are in the box. The IE8 tips fit as well as the Sony EX tips, and almost anything that's designed to fit a fat nozzle
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laokid18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has this been answered? Asked? How does the Clip compare to the X series?

There's a very brief mention here - http://www.head-fi.org/forums/5722950-post690.html
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 5, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #1,061 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrinceOfEgypt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Time to re rip everything...again! LOL...

Another question...On the X's screen the track names do not scroll across do they?

Funny, that was annoying me as half the info gets cut off. Another firmware tweak...

Jun 5, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #1,062 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neeley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny, that was annoying me as half the info gets cut off. Another firmware tweak...

I mentioned quite a few pages ago that the scrolling track title's disappeared too.

Anything longer than thirteen characters isn't visible
frown.gif

Jun 6, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #1,063 of 3,761
Wow $100 to send it back to the UK when I got it here for $10.
I guess I will be keeping my non youtube X.
Oh well it is still an awesome player I just hope they can fix my youtube with firmware or somekind of support staff finding me missing files or sumthing.
Hopefully they actually update the firmware, I thought another user said his A818 has never had an update
frown.gif

we'll see.

Jun 6, 2009 at 7:50 AM Post #1,064 of 3,761
Sony did have a firmware update for the S730/S630 series to fix a bug. Perhaps they may have one for this. For what is worth, YouTube is still working on mine.

Have you tried doing a full factory reset?

Jun 6, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #1,065 of 3,761
It seems that there is a lot wrong with this player...
lame browser, no scrolling text, having to click on an icon several times before anything happens...no you tube for some people...

Very dissapointing indeed...Certainly not worth the money they are asking...

Im in two minds as to what to do with mine...

Also everyone keeps on praising the sound...but i just don't hear what all the fuss is about? I have blind tested a few players and the X is no better than any of them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back