I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Jun 6, 2009 at 8:42 AM Post #1,066 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrinceOfEgypt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Im in two minds as to what to do with mine...

Also everyone keeps on praising the sound...but i just don't hear what all the fuss is about? I have blind tested a few players and the X is no better than any of them...

May be you need an ear upgrade.
biggrin.gif

No seriously, unless there's something wrong with your X have you not heard an extended sweet top end, beautiful tonality, instruments and vocals easy to individually pick out and subtle detail that you haven't heard before?

I've been into hifi for a long time and listen to a little dot amp with my HD580's almost every day, the X has really surprised me how good it is. I couldn't give a **** about all the gizmo's, the sq more than makes up for it.

Saying that, the Sony supplied ear phones sound carp to me, get some great cans on the end of the X and you should hear how wonderful it is...
normal_smile .gif

Jun 6, 2009 at 9:19 AM Post #1,067 of 3,761
Im just not hearing all these tonal qualities!
Often i have to turn the volume all the way to 30! My tracks are all AAC VBR.
My headphones are JVC FX500's...

Makes me think i have a dud X...

Jun 6, 2009 at 10:26 AM Post #1,068 of 3,761
Well, my player needed a few hours to get good sound, but now I find it sounds great on my IE8's. Compared to my A808, the sound is "less digital" more fluent and organic. Soundstage also seems to be larger.
However, the differences are small and can only be heart when I sit in a quiet place taking my time concentrating on the music. You might be expecting too much, a day and night difference it is not.

BTW, the supplied headphones are really good; slightly too sharp treble, but very enjoyable; I prefer them on the go to my IE8s, that do not isolate very much.
I hope that everybody dismisses the 'phones as the usual standard junk that should be ignored, because they are really great in public transportation.

Jun 6, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #1,069 of 3,761
Do you work in a construction industry or an airport?
smily_headphones1.gif
In all seriousness, check your hearing because going to max volume means that you might have hearing problems.

unless, of course, you have AVLS swithched on...

Quote:

Makes me think i have a dud X...

Jun 6, 2009 at 1:18 PM Post #1,072 of 3,761
I got my Sony X1060 today from my local Sony Centre and very impressed with the build quality of this player and the fancy packaging it comes in. It looks like Sony have went the Apple route with the packaging with the Sony logo printed on the fancy box. I certainly won't be throwing this box in the bin - it's very nice
ksc75smile.gif

I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet as its charging just now but will report back.

Art

Jun 6, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #1,073 of 3,761
I'm using a great little freeware program for converting vids for the X.

I've uploaded it here. Clicky

Pick your video, select ipod (mp4), 320x240 and widescreen. Then convert. Easy as that. You may want to experiment with the file sizes.
wink.gif

Jun 6, 2009 at 1:29 PM Post #1,074 of 3,761
Im going to return the X...

My girlfriend has listened to it and she is not impressed either...

As you all know i purchased the official Sony leather case, privacy filter and screen protector from Japan.

These Items will be put up for sale in the trader thread. I only want back what i paid for them!

Thanks!

Jun 6, 2009 at 1:33 PM Post #1,076 of 3,761
Quote:

Well i do have a cold right now, could that be it!??

i was at Manics concert right before I've got my x1060. I had issues with volume for several days before my ears got back to normal. take care of your cold and give it another go
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 6, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #1,078 of 3,761
Quote:

I like to listen loud sometimes, but 25/30 with the JVC is the maximum I can go, and that's with quiet recordings. Normal recordings I listen at around 20/30. If you have a cold, is it possible your ears are slightly blocked?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, my player needed a few hours to get good sound, but now I find it sounds great on my IE8's. Compared to my A808, the sound is "less digital" more fluent and organic.
You might be expecting too much, a day and night difference it is not.

Exactly. And I didn't expect it to be night and day. That would indicate that the 808 was rubbish, which it isn't. But I can't enjoy the 808 nearly as much now that I've been listening to the X for 3 weeks
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by dura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW, the supplied headphones are really good; slightly too sharp treble, but very enjoyable; I prefer them on the go to my IE8s, that do not isolate very much. I hope that everybody dismisses the 'phones as the usual standard junk that should be ignored, because they are really great in public transportation.

Okay, I'm going to Barcelona on Wednesday so I'll try them on the flight. I took my IE8 last time if I remember and they were okay, although I've never managed to completely cut out low engine noise with any earphones.

Hey, this will be my baby X's first flight. I have to ask for a special X seatbelt for it
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artmuzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my Sony X1060 today from my local Sony Centre.
I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet as its charging just now but will report back.
Art

Hey Art, are you transferring while you're charging??? Remember it takes about 2 hours to move 15GB
mad.gif

Jun 6, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #1,080 of 3,761
The fact that you have to crank the volume up may have to do with your FX500s.
They're not that sensitive, compared to the ie8s for example they're both 16ohms but the senns have a sensitivity of 125db compared to 100db for the FX500 so that's quite a difference.
But even so you shouldn't have to go max volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back