I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Jun 6, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #1,097 of 3,761
Hey Mors - 5 x better than the Touch????
atsmile.gif
- so you like it a little bit then
tongue_smile.gif

Fortisflyer-
You can't convert files with the dB cd ripper, that's just for ripping. You have to use the converter to er... convert
smile_phones.gif

But you can rip to AAC if you have the codec installed. If not, a message will pop up with a link to download it. After you've downloaded it, close dB and start it up again, then it should appear in the drop down menu of your cd ripping options.

To convert - just right click any file and select 'convert to', and then choose where you want the conversions to go. I bought an upgraded version just as they started charging for the mp3 converter.

Jun 6, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #1,099 of 3,761
Just tried the supplied earphone and i can say it's quite good actually. Remind me of my old CX300 and the noise cancelling works really well as well
biggrin.gif

Jun 6, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #1,100 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mors /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here you go mate
smily_headphones1.gif

A couple of things to note:

1. I deliberatly tweaked my 818's top end in the firmware, so I know it's a bit bright :s It was either have it roll off a bit, or bring it up a bit
smily_headphones1.gif

2. I have no idea what is going on with the X's crosstalk but I repeated the test a few times :s
3. All test were done loaded to my IE8

Frequency response
a818touchx.png

Noise
noisem.png

Stereo Crosstalk
crosstalk.png

Thanks Mors, maybe the crosstalk has something to do with the digital amp? Did it generate a series of number values?

Jun 7, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #1,101 of 3,761
It's not too hard Soozie
wink.gif
I didn't really like the sound of the touch at all
wink.gif

Ihatepopupads - I ran it 3 times and it gave a similar result each time, so I'm not sure what it means :s

I know it sounds excellent
biggrin.gif

Jun 7, 2009 at 7:29 AM Post #1,102 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by comuneros /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the DAC of the Sony X1000? I am only interested in it by the SQ. I prefer the better options of Cowon S9 but the SQ if it is of similar signature to the D2 is not for me (cold and not very open soundstage)

Anybody knows the S9 DAc?

Same question here. I would love the sound of the X1000 to sound closer to the old X5...

Jun 7, 2009 at 8:42 AM Post #1,103 of 3,761
I just compared the X again to the A808 on my IE8s.
The difference is small but very clear; the X mainly has smoother treble, extended but no sharpness at all, making the already very nice A808 sounding artificial in comparison.
I absolutely love this players SQ (the X), it makes music very enjoyable.
I agree with what has been said here before, this player needs a few hours burn-in to reach it's full potential (not much, 5-10 hours should be more then enough and it sounds good from the start, so my advice would be not to burn-in but just start enjoying it).

I also fooled around with Youtube, this feature works great, and I love the screen, same nice vivid yet full colours as my plasma tv, not at all like LCD. If OLED tv's are gonna be like that, I might swap my 37"plasma for a 46"OLED in due time.

Jun 7, 2009 at 11:13 AM Post #1,104 of 3,761
Not sure if this has been asked yet...... but does the x series walkman have digital out (so i can connect via toslink/optical to amplfier)?

I noticed on the sony hk site that it has a digital amplifier so i guess it should send out a digital signal.

Walkman NWZ-X1000 - Sonystyle.com.hk

Jun 7, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #1,107 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by willykatie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the cable that comes in the box and looks like LOD?

That's the audio input cable for connecting to external audio sources to be used with the noise cancelling function. Basically it allows you to listen to other audio sources, while using the X-series to cancel out background noise via ANC.

Jun 7, 2009 at 2:32 PM Post #1,109 of 3,761
man I am salivating over this mp3 player, can't wait til mid June...gonna buy off Amazon US
in Canada it's 500 dollars plus tax foor 32 GB, and they are not selling the 16 gb...at least for a long while I was told by three different Sony Style staff.

Cheers to everyone, just finished all 74 pages of this thread. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back