I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Jun 7, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #1,111 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrinceOfEgypt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone check if their volume button has any play in it? (in other words feels a bit loose)

thanks!

this was discussed earlier in the thread including pictures.
in short, yes, but it is fine as volume rocker is not soldered onto the main board

Jun 7, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #1,112 of 3,761
PrinceOfEgypt-
Yep, mine does. My Sony A829 does as well.... they look like identical rocker switches between the players. So I'm guessing it's intentional by Sony.

Jun 7, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #1,114 of 3,761
Quote:

Thanks cn11 :)

how are you finding the player?

Can't make your mind up if it stays or goes? You still think you may have a dud?

Jun 7, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #1,115 of 3,761
Exactly...Im in two minds. But i love the form factor of the player.

I really think i may have a dud. Any how Amazon are sending a replacement. Also i think my AAC VBR files may not be up to scratch - or the way the X interprets AAC files is not as good as MP3 files. Not sure...

Lots of variables here including me still having a cold! So its difficult to give a considered opinion...and perhaps my initial response was a tad harsh...But we will see...

Im going to re rip my entire collection using lame v -0 extreme. AAC just seems a bit flat.

Jun 7, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #1,118 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by vr5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this was discussed earlier in the thread including pictures.
in short, yes, but it is fine as volume rocker is not soldered onto the main board

That was the headphone jack I was talking about
biggrin.gif
It has some play in it, and yes the volume rocker does also, the plastic piece just rests between the buttons and the side. It's normal to be loose.

Jun 7, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #1,119 of 3,761
The sound of this player is unique, the highs are smooth, but extended and everything is warm but precise. The most different things my ears hear is how "non digital" it sounds, and how keeps everything separate no matter how much is going on.

Jun 7, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #1,120 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The sound of this player is unique, the highs are smooth, but extended and everything is warm but precise. The most different things my ears hear is how "non digital" it sounds, and how keeps everything separate matter how much is going on.

Yes, I agree. Do you have 'Rubicon'? It's a very good test track to see how the X copes when things get busy
atsmile.gif

Jun 7, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #1,121 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I agree. Do you have 'Rubicon'? It's a very good test track to see how the X copes when things get busy
atsmile.gif

You mean Rubicon by Bluetech ? Why yes, as a matter of fact I do- yes thats the perfect track for that. You must be psychic
wink_face.gif
biggrin.gif

Jun 7, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #1,122 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
atsmile.gif

Hey, would you mind sending me the track too so I can check it out??

Thanks!

Jun 7, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #1,123 of 3,761
Quote:

Thanks cn11 :)

how are you finding the player?

I'm loving it. It's everything I'd read about beforehand. I know I was very very enthusiastic and 'drooled' about it for days in advance, but it really lives up to the anticipation. I echo Ihatepopupads' comments just a couple posts up from this one. The way it does detail and soundstage without any harshness is something else. It really is far less digital sounding than the A829.

I hope your replacement unit is better than the first one for you. Best of luck....

Jun 7, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #1,125 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, would you mind sending me the track too so I can check it out??
Thanks!

Sure
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by comuneros /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When will be availeble in (the rest) of Europe? Why are they only available in Great Britain?

They got released in the UK first, that's all. I thought they were already available in the rest of Europe? I thought someone said they were released 29th May.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back