I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Jun 3, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #991 of 3,761
Thanks guys, finally managed to rip using dbpoweramp to aac. I ripped some of my cds with 300kbps setting and tried to listen a few of them with foobar and i can say that sound much better than 320kbps mp3 and put smile on my face
L3000.gif

You guys definately help me to drain my pocket and time as well
beyersmile.png

Sony 'X' is definately the best dap out there for me
icon10.gif

Jun 3, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #992 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Build quality: excellent, Sony at it’s best. OTOH, not quite completely my taste: the sides look like burned plastic, the front and back are fingerprint magnets with stupid little glitters, but material choice and build quality is Sony at its best.

All in all, I’m very happy, and thinking right now that for someone with my demands (SQ first, memorysize, build quality, batterylife and then good looks/style after that) this is the best choice.

Hey dura, geat review, glad you like the awesome sound
icon10.gif

But I'm kind of surprised you're at a higher volume on the X than on the 808. Mine's the other way round
confused_face(1).gif
- I take it you've got all the effects off on the 808? As for build quality, the glitter is cute, not stupid. I hope you didn't type that in front of the Sony??

Oh, try (if you can), to listen exclusively to the X for a couple of days, and don't do any back to back testing. Then go back to the 808 and see if you hear it the same as you do now.

Photoman-
I thought you were in the UK!!

Jun 3, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #993 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Photoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW I can't Connect to you tube!!!! I bought it from AMP3 from UK. Anybody from the US is having problems

Make sure your your youtube settings are USA and the county region setting is set to USA. My youtube is working fine, does your web access work? Oh, I'm in the US.
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 3, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #997 of 3,761
HA HA I had a look inside my X today (curiosity got the best of me) first the back is like a thick piece of mylar or some other plastic (silver on the back side) stuck to a metal back piece with sticky tape. Second the sides are metal and the board looks awesome, I only could see a couple of chips (not the ones I wanted too
wink.gif
) because they are all covered by metal boxes. I've never seen this before, the headphone jack is not really mounted and its connected to the main board by the flex circuit stuff.

The OLED is branded by Samsung, LOL. She looks as good on the inside as she does on the outside
wink.gif
I should have snapped a couple pics, but my camera phone really sucks as you can see by these picks of the official sony silicone case. The case is really nice by the way, and comes with a nice screen protector that doesn't smudge half as much as the glass.

Pics:

Picture001-4.jpg

Picture002-7.jpg

Picture004-12.jpg

God my fingers look fat!

Jun 3, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #1,001 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by willykatie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That looks good actually. So there's screen protector comes with the silicone case?

Affirmative
biggrin.gif

Jun 3, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #1,003 of 3,761
I think i will try the AAC, but which software will have the better data engine to retrieve the cd info when i put my cd album in to rip?

I have a lot of japan pressing cd's (for better sound Q) which in the past wmp data engine (i think it is metadata who supply wmp info) and has struggled to supply track info as well as the album art.

Which is the best software to use then to rip AAC?
After reading on here Foobar, dbpoweramp and any others that might be worth considering (free of course! lol)

Or is it personal preference to what each user likes with userface etc etc?

Just want to download one of these now to try out and get some tracks down to my player to try out with album art showing! ; )

Jun 3, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #1,004 of 3,761
dbpoweramp is excellent. I ripped a few c-pop and also XRCD2 which is similar to SACD and works fine with dbpoweramp and gives metadata inc album art and then just drag and drop to 'X' folder. So easy.......
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2009 at 11:07 PM Post #1,005 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by willykatie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dbpoweramp is excellent. I ripped a few c-pop and also XRCD2 which is similar to SACD and works fine with dbpoweramp and gives metadata inc album art and then just drag and drop to 'X' folder. So easy.......
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers... downloading now, hopefully, won't look back and be all tuned up soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back