I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Jun 4, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #1,006 of 3,761
Photoman

I am having the exact same issues with youtube but I ordered from advancedmp3players.co.uk.

I just cant seem to connect to youtube no matter what I don't know what the deal is. Has anyone else bought from AdvancedMP3Players.co.uk?

Jun 4, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #1,007 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by scourge18a /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Photoman

I am having the exact same issues with youtube but I ordered from advancedmp3players.co.uk.

I just cant seem to connect to youtube no matter what I don't know what the deal is. Has anyone else bought from AdvancedMP3Players.co.uk?

Quite a few people have bought from AMP3 including Ihatepopupads who keeps them pretty much in business
smily_headphones1.gif

There was something about changing the settings to USA a few pages back. Did you already try that?

Jun 4, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #1,008 of 3,761
yes I tried quite a few different settings. I am in canada so I had both my region settings to canada and no go. So I tried USA....no go. So I tried UK...no go.
what can I do?
I just tried resetting as well and so far...no go. I didnt want to try it i case it deleted my stuff (cuz it took so darn long to load all of it)

Jun 4, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #1,009 of 3,761
We need to ask Ihatepopupads what files he has on his sony drive. Maybe some files were deleted when it came. Maybe they shipped it used or open because I didn't have a screen protector either. No you tube and I might take it back and wait for the Zune HD. Everything else works. I also got mine from Advance MP3

Jun 4, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #1,010 of 3,761
A screen protector hey?
I never got one of those? Were we supposed to?
I just want mine to work because I already paid $50 in duty fees and I don't need to lose that and return shipping on the whole deal. But I may just wait till it releases in Canada and hopefully I can get the Slacker app as well.

Jun 4, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #1,011 of 3,761
It was like a thin strip goes over it. I think something was removed.. If anybody who's you tube is working can you please let me know what files you have on ur sony, like working files. Maybe a app was deleted or something. It's a shame too. because I like the sound and built.

Jun 4, 2009 at 8:05 AM Post #1,012 of 3,761
This morning I tried the active NC on the train and on the bus; I was impressed! It worked very well removing the rumbling vehicle noise, and the quality of the supplied headphones (needed for NC) is really very good.
I think I'll change my IE8 for them whenever I'm in a plane, metro or bus (trains are not very noisy here in general) because Sony HF+NC+vehiclenoise>IE8.

Jun 4, 2009 at 8:20 AM Post #1,013 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Photoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was like a thin strip goes over it. I think something was removed.. If anybody who's you tube is working can you please let me know what files you have on ur sony, like working files. Maybe a app was deleted or something. It's a shame too. because I like the sound and built.

There is no screen protector bundled with the X-series.

Have you set the clock/date on the X-series yet? I have read that YouTube will not work if the clock isn't set right.

Jun 4, 2009 at 9:04 AM Post #1,014 of 3,761
Do any of you X owners know how it compares to other Daps+External Amp? E.g the Touch 2G + a RSA amp?

Would be interested to hear if any of you have had a LOD + Amp setup before and now have an X.

Jun 4, 2009 at 9:07 AM Post #1,015 of 3,761
I also couldn't connect to youtube and tried everything including reset/format, change clock /region settings.

I finally exchanged my unit at the shop for another one, and that unit's youtube function works fine.

This youtube error apparantly is affecting quite a few units. Quality control failed big time. This will cost Sony a lot of replacement units...

Jun 4, 2009 at 9:11 AM Post #1,016 of 3,761
Hi is there anyway to edit the album art directly from the sony player?

I only transfer a third of my music library onto the mp3 player, a lot of which goes on without album art although it shows up on itunes.

Therefore i don't really want to use a program to edit album art for all my music but simply the tracks which i actually transfer onto the player.

Any ideas?! Thanks!

-------------------------

I thought i'd solved it with Media Monkey, but it says the track is innaccesible!

Jun 4, 2009 at 10:42 AM Post #1,017 of 3,761
Photoman and Scourge18a - I think you'll find Poppy was talking about the screen protector that came with his silicone case, not with the X. Like walkingman said, there's no screen protector with the X.

thebobchatt-
You can't edit album art on the Sony, or if you can - I've never managed to!

Jun 4, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #1,018 of 3,761
Just got an email from Advancemp3 and this what they said about the you tube.
"Hi,

Thanks for the information, I have spoken to our technical team and they have notified me that the issue is due to the X Series not yet released in the US."

I hope this is true.

Jun 4, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #1,019 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by flyer1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This youtube error apparantly is affecting quite a few units. Quality control failed big time. This will cost Sony a lot of replacement units...

Maybe, but it could be just a re-flash of the firmware for them before selling them again, I doubt it'd hurt them too badly
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 4, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #1,020 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Photoman and Scourge18a - I think you'll find Poppy was talking about the screen protector that came with his silicone case, not with the X. Like walkingman said, there's no screen protector with the X.

thebobchatt-
You can't edit album art on the Sony, or if you can - I've never managed to!

True
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back