Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Sep 8, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #16,966 of 18,886
What xlr adapter do you use?
I've been conducting these comparisons for quite a long time, so I thought about adapter influence. Therefore, I use the same cable for the adapter. I mean that I cut the last few centimeters, then the main cable is terminated with XLR male plug. Finally, the short part is terminated with XLR female plug and a 6.3 mm Jack. I try to have all of my cables treated this way, which is convenient for a Chord fan generally, to be honest!

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2022 at 8:25 PM Post #16,967 of 18,886
Dear,
Fortunately, after the storm comes calm.
The ASR topic had me a bit stressed, but it's always good to listen to the comments of others with high-mindedness and respect.
My experience with audio starts when I was 12 years old, and today I am 65, I have listened to several dacs and multiple amplifiers and headphones have also passed through my ears.
Certainly when I bought Hugo TT2, almost two years ago, and connected the first source, which was a cd (24bitx44.1khz) from my personal collection, which I knew almost by heart, detail by detail, and the instruments that were track contained, in addition to the way it sounded, that is, how my ears and brain perceived it.

The first track started and my impression was shocking, I couldn't believe how good it sounded, and how other instruments that I had never perceived before had been magically added.

From that day forward, happiness is with me.
Thank you Mr Rob@watts
This happened to me too, long live @Rob Watts, I love your work sir.

Sep 9, 2022 at 1:18 AM Post #16,968 of 18,886
Dear,
Fortunately, after the storm comes calm.
The ASR topic had me a bit stressed, but it's always good to listen to the comments of others with high-mindedness and respect.
My experience with audio starts when I was 12 years old, and today I am 65, I have listened to several dacs and multiple amplifiers and headphones have also passed through my ears.
Certainly when I bought Hugo TT2, almost two years ago, and connected the first source, which was a cd (24bitx44.1khz) from my personal collection, which I knew almost by heart, detail by detail, and the instruments that were track contained, in addition to the way it sounded, that is, how my ears and brain perceived it.

The first track started and my impression was shocking, I couldn't believe how good it sounded, and how other instruments that I had never perceived before had been magically added.

From that day forward, happiness is with me.
Thank you Mr Rob@watts

This happened to me too, long live @Rob Watts, I love your work sir.

Thank-you both very much, it has made my day, particularly as yesterday was a very sad day for me and many other people across the World.

And having your kind comments helps a great deal, as I have felt under immense personal attack over the past few months. And it's debilitating. And I just don't understand the animosity - all I want to do is to close the huge gap from live non-amplified music to reproduced music, improve my own musical enjoyment, and then just talk to people about it, with the only intent of getting people to listen to the gear and for them to make their own minds up.

Anyway, life goes on, and I have been having a lot of fun recently, with lots of very revealing listening tests. I am always happy when discovering new things, and at the same time inching closer to reducing the gap from reproduced to live sound.

Sep 9, 2022 at 3:08 AM Post #16,969 of 18,886
Thank-you both very much, it has made my day, particularly as yesterday was a very sad day for me and many other people across the World.

And having your kind comments helps a great deal, as I have felt under immense personal attack over the past few months. And it's debilitating. And I just don't understand the animosity - all I want to do is to close the huge gap from live non-amplified music to reproduced music, improve my own musical enjoyment, and then just talk to people about it, with the only intent of getting people to listen to the gear and for them to make their own minds up.

Anyway, life goes on, and I have been having a lot of fun recently, with lots of very revealing listening tests. I am always happy when discovering new things, and at the same time inching closer to reducing the gap from reproduced to live sound.

Rob, A small token to hopefully lighten your day and to express my respect and admiration for what you have done and continue to do to progress the quality of digital components. It is the old story that if they were clever enough and had the depth of experience to do the designs themselves then they would but they aren’t so they resort to being keyboard warriors which is one of the most negative aspects of the internet.

Subject to postal strikes I will send this. I admit I bought it a while ago for you when all this kicked off but I forgot!! I will remedy that.

8C1714FF-E6BA-41DB-8752-EB21DFC8B15B.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2022 at 6:26 AM Post #16,970 of 18,886

@Rob Watts I felt really bad seeing the hateful comments and the demagoguery, please understand that some people are very brave when they are behind a computer, they wouldn't do this in real life.

Also, please understand that people project what they feel unto others, many of these people are miserable and are hurting inside and want to take it out on you. Keep doing what you are doing, we look forward to see and hear what you're working on. My condolences on the queen, I hope you are well.

Sep 10, 2022 at 6:41 AM Post #16,971 of 18,886
It is impossible to be truthfull in your speech and findings without triggering some people. If one starts to obscure their words just to be more likeable no progress can be made. Making progress and challinging the existing King goes hand in hand. Sadly the pioneer always gets to feel the most headwind.
But I hope that you keep challanging the market by your statements even if this is not your main goal.

I think most people are just happy with their Chord gear and are (un)patiently waiting for the ppa amps or the x mscaler.
In the meantime, I wish you are starting to enjoy the strong headwind as it just means you are pretty far ahead. But that is just my opinion😄

Sep 10, 2022 at 7:15 AM Post #16,972 of 18,886
What can i say is that when life kicks in with a lot of work and changes and its even hard to find time to read headfi or overall hifi news, and when you find a time to enjoy music once in a week, the TT2 and HMS combo sounds so heavenly and real. Smile and tears out of r
joy comes every time. Realism is so immerse like you are in a scene surrounded by sounds and instruments. And i know that every time tt2/hms waits for me and will give that pleasure. For me - this stack sounds real and engaging. Thanks Rob for the product and i am satisfied 100%. This changes how a persin can perceive music. Looking forward for new stuff from you!:)

Sep 10, 2022 at 7:17 AM Post #16,973 of 18,886
The problem is that in business you have to politely deal with idiots, fortunately these days I tend to not tolerate them and treat them with the contempt they deserve.
I referred to him as the Nigel Farage of the HiFi world and still stick to that description.

Sep 10, 2022 at 7:37 AM Post #16,974 of 18,886
The problem is that in business you have to politely deal with idiots, fortunately these days I tend to not tolerate them and treat them with the contempt they deserve.
I referred to him as the Nigel Farage of the HiFi world and still stick to that description.
Your post popped up immediately after a few mentioning Rob Watts and at first I thought your ‘him’ was meant to be RW. After doing a bit of due diligence I found your post saying, “I liken the chap who presents ASR to a politician here in the UK called Nigel Farage”. I‘m glad I got that clarified!

Sep 10, 2022 at 8:14 AM Post #16,975 of 18,886
Your post popped up immediately after a few mentioning Rob Watts and at first I thought your ‘him’ was meant to be RW. After doing a bit of due diligence I found your post saying, “I liken the chap who presents ASR to a politician here in the UK called Nigel Farage”. I‘m glad I got that clarified!
Of course not RW, I did mention the comment on Facebook and someone liked it so much (maybe due to accuracy) he said he would pinch it and use the comment elsewhere. I still stand by my comment although it was removed in a clean up by the mods some time ago.
I suppose my policy of trying items within my system is the best, as I know what it sounds like so any improvement is obvious. I do watch other far more interesting Youtube videos as there are hundreds other than the one in question.

Sep 10, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #16,976 of 18,886
What can i say is that when life kicks in with a lot of work and changes and its even hard to find time to read headfi or overall hifi news, and when you find a time to enjoy music once in a week, the TT2 and HMS combo sounds so heavenly and real. Smile and tears out of r
joy comes every time. Realism is so immerse like you are in a scene surrounded by sounds and instruments. And i know that every time tt2/hms waits for me and will give that pleasure. For me - this stack sounds real and engaging. Thanks Rob for the product and i am satisfied 100%. This changes how a persin can perceive music. Looking forward for new stuff from you!:)
I was listening last night until 1:30am and didn't want to go to bed it was so good. 😂.

Sep 10, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #16,977 of 18,886
I was listening last night until 1:30am and didn't want to go to bed it was so good. 😂.
Same here , spent from 9pm till 2am when family slept and worked my process management & architecture stuff i had to finalyze. I dont know why, but at night when all is dark and quite, my musical senses are at best. And usually i listen one more song one more again before bed :-D really it isnt easy to stop

Sep 10, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #16,978 of 18,886
Same here , spent from 9pm till 2am when family slept and worked my process management & architecture stuff i had to finalyze. I dont know why, but at night when all is dark and quite, my musical senses are at best. And usually i listen one more song one more again before bed :-D really it isnt easy to stop
It's biological, at night your hearing sense is more active as your eyes are not as good in the dark and we evolved to hear better at night to detect predators. That enhances the audiophile experience.

Sep 10, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #16,979 of 18,886

I would ignore the ones attacking you, been successful in what you do makes you a target unfortunately. I appreciate your perfect balance of objective testing/design and validation through subjective listening. Don’t understand the point of these attacks 😞
The technology you design brings a smile to I’m sure many peoples faces when they sit down on an evening to listen to music through one of your DACs. I know it does me when I listen to music through my 5 year old still going strong Mojo.
Looking forward to what you design next, I plan to upgrade this year to a Mojo2 or Hugo2. Loving my Mojo and looking forward to the upgrade.
Kev

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #16,980 of 18,886
I’m surprised an engineer would even bother to try to post on here in response to all this ignorant nonsense—both positive and negative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back