Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Sep 8, 2022 at 10:48 AM Post #16,951 of 18,905
ASR is simply debunking that “performance” as ordinarily defined and measured by our community is not commensurate with price; that technology has advanced to a state that cheap products have a performance that surpasses standards of acceptable performance and even beyond our threshold of hearing.

What we’re arguing at this point is whether the ride in a Mercedes is more comfortable than a Toyota driving in a straight line on smooth pavement down the highway at 55mph.

Sep 8, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #16,952 of 18,905
I have challenged some of you “metaphorically” to prove whether your butt can tell a difference between velour and alcantara wearing jeans in the Toyota and Mercedes when blindfolded. I’m betting you can’t or it’s not all that much but for some reason lots of people say they can tell a huge difference but only when they stare.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #16,953 of 18,905
Check out the new Darko video; it’s all about snobs and inverse snobs:

I think Darko needs to **** now TBH. I used to enjoy his videos but he is becoming more and more of a shill. He disables all comments on his social media as well because he can't deal with people expressing their views unless they do it in a way he agrees with.

Sep 8, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #16,954 of 18,905
I think Darko needs to **** now TBH. I used to enjoy his videos but he is becoming more and more of a shill. He disables all comments on his social media as well because he can't deal with people expressing their views unless they do it in a way he agrees with.
He probably got destroyed by the comments before 😂. Takes a thick skin to ignore the trolls in the comments. 😂

Sep 8, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #16,955 of 18,905
He probably got destroyed by the comments before 😂. Takes a thick skin to ignore the trolls in the comments. 😂

People who have alternative views aren't trolls. It's all about intent I guess :)

Sep 8, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #16,957 of 18,905
What we’re arguing at this point is whether the ride in a Mercedes is more comfortable than a Toyota driving in a straight line on smooth pavement down the highway at 55mph.
The Merc has vented seats, so if I fart, I don't need to wiggle about to let it out.
On Toyota, not only I have to, but also open a window as ventilation is not up to par, at least for my farts .
It is always about how one uses an equipment .

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #16,958 of 18,905
Never said alternative views equates trolls, different views foster discussion and diversity in thought. By trolls i mean disrespectful, nasty, belligerent behavior in comments.
I don't have an issue with it. People can say what they like and act how they like. It's a free world. How does he cope in the real world? He can't stop people talking there.

Sep 8, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #16,959 of 18,905
The Merc has vented seats, so if I fart, I don't need to wiggle about to let it out.
On Toyota, not only I have to, but also open a window as ventilation is not up to par, at least for my farts .
It is always about how one uses an equipment .
I love your analogy

Sep 8, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #16,961 of 18,905
I don't have an issue with it. People can say what they like and act how they like. It's a free world. How does he cope in the real world? He can't stop people talking there.
You don't, but most people do. Being nasty to others in comments is just not cool, we can agree to disagree, Darko seems like a nice guy, but it seems like the trolls are wearing him down, he's showing signs of exhaustion 😂

Sep 8, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #16,962 of 18,905
You don't, but most people do. Being nasty to others in comments is just not cool, we can agree to disagree, Darko seems like a nice guy, but it seems like the trolls are wearing him down, he's showing signs of exhaustion 😂
I do think he is a nice guy. No doubt. I am sure I could enjoy a pint with him.

Sep 8, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #16,963 of 18,905
Dear,
Fortunately, after the storm comes calm.
The ASR topic had me a bit stressed, but it's always good to listen to the comments of others with high-mindedness and respect.
My experience with audio starts when I was 12 years old, and today I am 65, I have listened to several dacs and multiple amplifiers and headphones have also passed through my ears.
Certainly when I bought Hugo TT2, almost two years ago, and connected the first source, which was a cd (24bitx44.1khz) from my personal collection, which I knew almost by heart, detail by detail, and the instruments that were track contained, in addition to the way it sounded, that is, how my ears and brain perceived it.

The first track started and my impression was shocking, I couldn't believe how good it sounded, and how other instruments that I had never perceived before had been magically added.

From that day forward, happiness is with me.
Thank you Mr Rob@watts

Sep 8, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #16,964 of 18,905
I experienced a similar shock after the first listening session with TT2 :)

After years of usage, I sometimes wonder, if it's the DAC, or the really great integrated amp and simplicity of their connection, that makes this product so great. When I compare two DACs using even high-class amp, the difference is always a lot smaller than comparing the output of TT2->amp against just the SE out of TT2 alone. Maybe DACs sound different but the analog section of the DAC -> interconnect cables -> amp processing adds enough distortion that the differences between DACs lose significance in the final result. It is really easy to hear while listening to e.g. bass guitar in a good recording. While listening to TT2->Violectric v550 it's relaxing and has more slam, but directly from TT2 the bass has an unbelievable amount of detail, texture, and extension you didn't realize it was in the recording

Sep 8, 2022 at 6:29 PM Post #16,965 of 18,905
I experienced a similar shock after the first listening session with TT2 :)

After years of usage, I sometimes wonder, if it's the DAC, or the really great integrated amp and simplicity of their connection, that makes this product so great. When I compare two DACs using even high-class amp, the difference is always a lot smaller than comparing the output of TT2->amp against just the SE out of TT2 alone. Maybe DACs sound different but the analog section of the DAC -> interconnect cables -> amp processing adds enough distortion that the differences between DACs lose significance in the final result. It is really easy to hear while listening to e.g. bass guitar in a good recording. While listening to TT2->Violectric v550 it's relaxing and has more slam, but directly from TT2 the bass has an unbelievable amount of detail, texture, and extension you didn't realize it was in the recording
What xlr adapter do you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back