Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Nov 18, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #10,726 of 18,958
more taps the better

Nov 18, 2020 at 9:49 PM Post #10,728 of 18,958
You are probably correct, but it’s a space issue for me. I’ve repurposed my wife’s computer desk for the Chord equipment and the headphone area desk also doesn’t have as much room as I’d like.
I would either move the isopucks to in-between the units or add more between the units. Give it a shot if you feel like it.

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:50 AM Post #10,729 of 18,958
I just plugged my brand new TT2 in for the first time this morning. Is it normal that there is a very low level but audible electrical noise when the screen is on indicating any setup or volume changes? It goes away immediately once the screen is off, it even fades in synch with the screen light fading. Is this normal for all units?

The noise is not audible in the headphones, to be clear, just in the room sitting at the desk next to the unit.

Nov 19, 2020 at 3:18 AM Post #10,730 of 18,958
I just plugged my brand new TT2 in for the first time this morning. Is it normal that there is a very low level but audible electrical noise when the screen is on indicating any setup or volume changes? It goes away immediately once the screen is off, it even fades in synch with the screen light fading. Is this normal for all units?

The noise is not audible in the headphones, to be clear, just in the room sitting at the desk next to the unit.

You mean while the super caps are charging when coming out of stand-by? I don't think I've heard it before, but I wasn't paying attention to it, either.

Nov 19, 2020 at 3:34 AM Post #10,731 of 18,958
You mean while the super caps are charging when coming out of stand-by? I don't think I've heard it before, but I wasn't paying attention to it, either.

No, I mean the little screen indicating volume, input, etc. It's barely audible, the room has to be quiet. But it is clear, because it comes on as soon as the screen comes on and goes away with a 0.2 second fade as the screen goes off.

Nov 19, 2020 at 3:48 AM Post #10,732 of 18,958
No, I mean the little screen indicating volume, input, etc. It's barely audible, the room has to be quiet. But it is clear, because it comes on as soon as the screen comes on and goes away with a 0.2 second fade as the screen goes off.
unfortunately mine does it as well. As the problem is the screen, if you dim the lights the noise is much quieter.
that's the only quirks I have with my unit, other than that I love the TT2

Nov 19, 2020 at 3:58 AM Post #10,733 of 18,958
unfortunately mine does it as well. As the problem is the screen, if you dim the lights the noise is much quieter.
that's the only quirks I have with my unit, other than that I love the TT2

Thanks. Same here, everything else seems perfect upon first impressions. Maybe all units have this but not everyone can hear it? From personal experience, apparently not everyone can hear the subtle electrical noises often coming from PCs, etc.

Nov 19, 2020 at 8:03 AM Post #10,734 of 18,958

Yeah, it's a built in fault test, turn on tt2's screen, if you hear low level electrical noise, that means it's working, if you don't hear it............

Nov 19, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #10,735 of 18,958
Yeah, it's a built in fault test, turn on tt2's screen, if you hear low level electrical noise, that means it's working, if you don't hear it............
Amberlamps, that’s kinda what I thought it was. Is it the TT2 checking to see if the capacitors are fully charged along with the rest of its mode filters and such?

Nov 19, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #10,736 of 18,958
Here’s a dumb question for the UK-based Chord owners on here.....Why is it that I cannot just buy a TT2 online from a Chord registered dealer, and have it delivered? Every dealer seems to only have the units listed as click and collect, or buy in-store. I have heard one, fed with my own music from a good source, and using my own headphones, and so am not worried about spending the money, but the dealers don’t make it easy........neither does Lockdown #2

Nov 19, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #10,737 of 18,958
I think some manufacturers expect dealers to demonstrate their more upmarket products before sale to ensure customers are happy with their purchase. I suspect, though don't definitely know, that this is a condition of being allowed to stock these products. Having said that have you tried ringing any dealers explaining your position and asking if they will let you purchase online? When I purchased my TT2( pre Covid) I part exed my TT and had it collected and my new TT2 delivered without having to attend the dealers (who shall remain nameless). I would have thought that, particularly with the restrictions on shops opening during this lockdown, that there would be some flexibility allowed in purchasing this item.

Nov 19, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #10,738 of 18,958
Here’s a dumb question for the UK-based Chord owners on here.....Why is it that I cannot just buy a TT2 online from a Chord registered dealer, and have it delivered? Every dealer seems to only have the units listed as click and collect, or buy in-store. I have heard one, fed with my own music from a good source, and using my own headphones, and so am not worried about spending the money, but the dealers don’t make it easy........neither does Lockdown #2
I think you would be quite lucky to find any dealer that has one in stock. Usually a dealer will place an order with Chord and the lead time may be some weeks That said I find it hard to believe that if a dealer has one it cannot be delivered. Have you actually rung or emailed a dealer ? Most have staff in or available even although the premises are closed to the public.

Nov 19, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #10,739 of 18,958

It's because they are built to order, however, if you place an order, in roughly 4 weeks, it will be shipped to you. However, that was before covid.

Peter Tyson and Robert Ritchie HiFi will ship to you once the order has been shipped to them.

I'm sure all the other stores will do the same, but thats 2 stores that I know who will ship to ya

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #10,740 of 18,958
I think you would be quite lucky to find any dealer that has one in stock. Usually a dealer will place an order with Chord and the lead time may be some weeks That said I find it hard to believe that if a dealer has one it cannot be delivered. Have you actually rung or emailed a dealer ? Most have staff in or available even although the premises are closed to the public.

I didn't even know that there is usually a wait. I called my local dealer and they told me the main Belgian distributor has it in stock. I had it in two business days. In-store pick up, but I didn't even ask for it to be shipped directly. I figured it would be quicker to the shop and then it was an easy stop for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back