Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
May 22, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #9,196 of 18,896
My TT2 is in my main system driving speakers, but when I want to listen to headphones I use something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/kenable-Pr.../B00B2J4U72/ref=psdc_1098227031_t3_B00UANW4QU
I'm sure you can find something like this that cost closer to € 200 :wink:
..no..no bikutoru. Maybe I didn't write it correctly. What I need is a headphone cable like the one I show in the photo, but 4.5 meters long.

Now to get to that length, I'm joining two pieces (extension), and that's exactly what I want to avoid.

20200522_225353.jpg
If the administrators allow me, can I request a second hand of good quality from a member in Europe, or do I have to request it in the ad category?

May 22, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #9,197 of 18,896
..no..no bikutoru. Maybe I didn't write it correctly. What I need is a headphone cable like the one I show in the photo, but 4.5 meters long.

Now to get to that length, I'm joining two pieces (extension), and that's exactly what I want to avoid.

20200522_225353.jpgIf the administrators allow me, can I request a second hand of good quality from a member in Europe, or do I have to request it in the ad category?
🤷‍♂️
it seems there are plenty of 3rd party cables:
https://www.moon-audio.com/blue-dra...MIstma86PI6QIVr9SzCh15QgLkEAQYASABEgK6efD_BwE
https://c3audio.com/product/spofc-headphone-cable/
Might ask HifiMan support if they have an official one, or can make it for you.

May 22, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #9,198 of 18,896
I advise everyone to stay away from the chromecast audio. I tested it against a number of usb sources and optical direct out of my imac. I also added an ifi i power 5v to the CCA and it made little difference. The CCA sounds dull, lifeless and uninvolving. If optical is just pulses of light then must be another factor affecting the sound quality. What that is i have no idea. Two CCA's and the ifi i power resulted in a £110 experiment.

May 22, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #9,199 of 18,896
I advise everyone to stay away from the chromecast audio. I tested it against a number of usb sources and optical direct out of my imac. I also added an ifi i power 5v to the CCA and it made little difference. The CCA sounds dull, lifeless and uninvolving. If optical is just pulses of light then must be another factor affecting the sound quality. What that is i have no idea. Two CCA's and the ifi i power resulted in a £110 experiment.
Wait what?.. what happened?. Thought you liked the CCA . ?

May 22, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #9,201 of 18,896
i stopped using it a long while ago. my preferred choice is an ipod touch 7th gen. on battery power as roon endpoint into mscaler. Imac core. my set up rivals ultratendu on lps so i'm told. you cannot beat a battery powered source unless you have a high quality optical one. with battery ground loops are history. then i can just switch it all on forget about it and enjoy the music.

Last edited:
May 22, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #9,202 of 18,896
i stopped using it a long while ago. my preferred choice is an ipod touch 7th gen. on battery power as roon endpoint into mscaler. Imac core. my set up rivals ultratendu on lps so i'm told. you cannot beat a battery powered source unless you have a high quality optical one. with battery ground loops are history. then i can just switch it all on forget about it and enjoy the music.
How long does the battery on ipod touch last, before you need to charge it?

May 22, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #9,203 of 18,896
How long does the battery on ipod touch last, before you need to charge it?
I use the latest 7th gen iPod Touch with my TT2 and I find that that the battery doesn't last too long, not more than at best 6-8 hours. (Apple claims UP TO 40 hours)
I have followed the Apple battery saving tips but it's still a pretty fast draw down. I have started using my iPhone 11 and it has a way longer battery time with the TT2!

May 22, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #9,204 of 18,896
with a 20,000mAh energizer powerbank constantly connected to the ipod 7th gen. 30 to 50 hours of wifi streaming roon. it is incredible i know. when i finish listening i put the power bank on charge so it's 100% next day or whenever i listen again. the powerbank is on all day so i don't have to touch it. music on demand. the ipod 7th gen. has a tiny 1000mAh battery so by connecting it to the powerbank it's constantly at 100% charge. once a month i run the batteries down for good practice. plug and play i can't be bothered to try new things i just want the highest quality sound with no effort. all apps off//dark screen//stripped down ipod of course. i wrote a report before.

Last edited:
May 22, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #9,205 of 18,896
@musickid, How are you using the energizer powerbank with the iPod Touch? The lightning cable is for signal into the TT2 as well as charging. I am using an Apple Lightning to USB Camera cable then the USB cable into the TT2. Perhaps I missing something.........

May 22, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #9,206 of 18,896
From the left of the adapter below i have a usb cable going from the adapter to my mscaler or in your case tt2. On the right i have the lightning cable going from the adaptor to the powerbank which is constantly on and connected. This is the lightning to usb cable which comes with the ipod. (apple cck3 adapter. not the old style adapter).

1590193173389.png

with this set up i can have it on for 24 hours and far longer for roon on demand.
IPOD3.jpg

Last edited:
May 22, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #9,207 of 18,896
Thanks, I am using the 'new' OEM Apple cck3 adapter. Perhaps there are other USB ports on the energizer that I am not aware of that allow signal to pass and also charging the iPod?

There is 1 lightning connection from the iPod. If I attach the Apple cck cable to the iPod then a USB from the cck adapter into the TT2 for signal, how can I simultaneously charge the iPod using the Energizer powerbank?

Sorry, just confused or I may be missing the obvious!

Thanks!!!

May 22, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #9,208 of 18,896
you are complicating things. the whole point of the cck3 adapter is to enable you to use the device (ipod) whilst simultaneously charging it. so again look: the cck3 adapter has 2 connectors. 1 usb data to tt2 or mscaler. that is usb A to B. the second connector on the cck3 adapter is a lightning connector. so you use the lightning to usb cable that comes with the ipod. the powerbank has a usb A connector socket or port. it's very simple. just connect the lightning cable the one you get with the ipod from the lightning connector on the adapter into the usb A port on the powerbank. now you can charge the ipod while using it keeping it at full charge. you can see the usb A on the powerbank below on the left.

Screenshot 2020-05-23 at 02.02.52.png

May 22, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #9,209 of 18,896
in this image you can see an ipad being used with a cck3 adapter. the usb cable on the left is passing data to the dac. the small white cable on the right is connected to the lightning connector on the cck3 adapter and is in turn connected to the charger. the small white cable is a lightning to usb cable and the charger will have a usb port.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back