Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
May 22, 2020 at 10:03 PM Post #9,211 of 18,905
OK, my cck adapter is NOT a cck3. It is Apple camera to USB with a single connection point.

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 6.27.47 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 6.30.41 PM.png

Thanks for the photos and explanation, @musickid ! I'll get the correct one ordered and a battery as well.
I'll assume you chose the Energizer battery over some other offerings for the 20,000mAh?

May 22, 2020 at 11:04 PM Post #9,212 of 18,905
Talking about DAPs to work as file source for Chord DACs. I recently came across the Fiio M9 (from a Head-Fi page about updates for them). The M9 has USB and optical out. However I think it's best feature might be that it supports SD-cards up to 2TB.

(If only they had put optical in it instead of coaxial. I suppose a converter might be able to be used, to convert coaxial to optical.)

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 2:53 AM Post #9,213 of 18,905
i stopped using it a long while ago. my preferred choice is an ipod touch 7th gen. on battery power as roon endpoint into mscaler. Imac core. my set up rivals ultratendu on lps so i'm told. you cannot beat a battery powered source unless you have a high quality optical one. with battery ground loops are history. then i can just switch it all on forget about it and enjoy the music.
Hardware is not the only factor, server / end point software/ operating system are major factors.
Try out some of the free trials of euphony, audio Linux and gentoo player if you want to see this for yourself.
I think it’s important to give mscaler the best possible input so that it can work magic on it.
My system sounds amazing lately but the hardware is largely the same it’s always been.

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #9,214 of 18,905
Does anyone know if there are any comprehensive comparisons between the Dave vs. TT2? Not finding much via google. Any help is appreciated.

May 23, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #9,215 of 18,905
Does anyone know if there are any comprehensive comparisons between the Dave vs. TT2? Not finding much via google. Any help is appreciated.

No, as all David owners can't admit to themselves that TT2 really is the best Chord Dac on the market to date. David cost them £8500, so it must be the best dac ?

Hugo TT2 sounds good, it's half the price of a david and it has huge output power, which is perfect for all headphones, sans electrostatics, and is able to drive efficient speakers.

David owners will retort with "david is the best reference dac". But the best dac can mean alot of things to alot of people. Example, TT2 owners can use hifiman susvara's and abyss phi without needing an external amp. TT2 has 3 headphone ports, david just has one.

Buying a TT2 is like winning the golden ticket to visit willy wonka's chocolate factory, and buying a david is like an afternoon visit to the set where the milky bar kids commercial was made.

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #9,216 of 18,905
There’s a comparison here.

May 23, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #9,217 of 18,905
No, as all David owners can't admit to themselves that TT2 really is the best Chord Dac on the market to date. David cost them £8500, so it must be the best dac ?

Hugo TT2 sounds good, it's half the price of a david and it has huge output power, which is perfect for all headphones, sans electrostatics, and is able to drive efficient speakers.

David owners will retort with "david is the best reference dac". But the best dac can mean alot of things to alot of people. Example, TT2 owners can use hifiman susvara's and abyss phi without needing an external amp. TT2 has 3 headphone ports, david just has one.

Buying a TT2 is like winning the golden ticket to visit willy wonka's chocolate factory, and buying a david is like an afternoon visit to the set where the milky bar kids commercial was made.

You are a wag? No not THAT sort of WAG. But your David envy comes through loud and clear with every word of your TT2 defense.

By the way, hope you are well and that Nichola is looking after you all up there.:stuck_out_tongue:

May 23, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #9,218 of 18,905
There’s a comparison here.

Thanks, seems more like just a one line mention of it improving on the tt2. Looking for something a bit more in-depth and by just regular users. I'll keep combing through this thread though. :)

May 23, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #9,219 of 18,905
Thanks, seems more like just a one line mention of it improving on the tt2. Looking for something a bit more in-depth and by just regular users. I'll keep combing through this thread though. :)
If you search by member @Triode User youll find plenty of comparisons between the two...

You’re more likely to find some brief impressions, but one is twice the price, so it’s prob better, but is it twice as good?

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #9,220 of 18,905
If you search by member @Triode User youll find plenty of comparisons between the two...

You’re more likely to find some brief impressions, but one is twice the price, so it’s prob better, but is it twice as good?

Appreciate that heads up! And yea, I get I hear you. That's usually the age old question lol

May 24, 2020 at 1:57 AM Post #9,221 of 18,905
Appreciate that heads up! And yea, I get I hear you. That's usually the age old question lol

ZappaMan has mentioned me because I am a tireless advocate of the Dave over the TT2. Indeed I and many others prefer the solo Dave to TT2 + Mscaler. What I like about the Dave is its peerless transparency. Going from TT2 to Dave is simply one of those"oh my goodness!" sort of moments. Many people Say how they like the TT2 bass but swop over to the Dave and the bass is so much tighter and well defined. Yes, for me Dave is worth every bit of the extra cost over TT2. I could go on but this is the TT2 thread and many have heard it all before from me. You are probably best to go in the Dave thead and search in that thread for TT2 or even search for posts in there by me and mentioning TT2.

Last edited:
May 24, 2020 at 3:14 AM Post #9,222 of 18,905
Good morning Guys.

I'm waiting for the Hugo tt2 to work for a few more hours and then I'll write down my impressions. I think I made a great purchase. In the fall I will also buy the M Scaler.

I have only one question: Playing with filters, I don't notice any change in the sound. Is the difference obvious to you?

May 24, 2020 at 3:50 AM Post #9,223 of 18,905
Good morning Guys.

I'm waiting for the Hugo tt2 to work for a few more hours and then I'll write down my impressions. I think I made a great purchase. In the fall I will also buy the M Scaler.

I have only one question: Playing with filters, I don't notice any change in the sound. Is the difference obvious to you?

If I didn't see the # denoting X filter I wouldn't know. I felt the same when using the Qutest, then again I don't have 'bat' ears! :confused:

May 24, 2020 at 4:41 AM Post #9,224 of 18,905
If I didn't see the # denoting X filter I wouldn't know. I felt the same when using the Qutest, then again I don't have 'bat' ears! :confused:
... maybe, ... maybe I notice a very small difference when I listen with my headphones, but still not sure. Certainly, when I use it with my integrated amplifier I don't notice any difference when I hear it from my floor speakers.
I'm impressed, so it should be?

PS: I don't hear a bat, but I hear very well!

May 24, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #9,225 of 18,905
ZappaMan has mentioned me because I am a tireless advocate of the Dave over the TT2. Indeed I and many others prefer the solo Dave to TT2 + Mscaler. What I like about the Dave is its peerless transparency. Going from TT2 to Dave is simply one of those"oh my goodness!" sort of moments. Many people Say how they like the TT2 bass but swop over to the Dave and the bass is so much tighter and well defined. Yes, for me Dave is worth every bit of the extra cost over TT2. I could go on but this is the TT2 thread and many have heard it all before from me. You are probably best to go in the Dave thead and search in that thread for TT2 or even search for posts in there by me and mentioning TT2.

If this post came from a user in russia, it would either be "Fake News" or "Russian Propaganda".

But we love @Triode User all the same.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back