Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Feb 24, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #4,711 of 18,905
So I made some XLR to speaker cables. They are solid core, so are a bit awkward to route. Before I had the TT2 I tried this with the Hugo2 with limited success.

The TT2 is much more capable, adding density and warmth to the Hugo2's colour and sparkle. It's pretty good with bad recordings too, considering how transparent it is. I may still EQ sometimes though.

Also 7 watts is workable (into 84dBA), I hit blue with nearfield listening, so might try balanced sometime.

Well worth it!

XLR should be 18W.

Single ended RCA out should be 7W.

Feb 24, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #4,712 of 18,905
Those who just got their units is this an optical illusion or is the 3.5mm plug deeper?

Out of town have TT2 will travel. Pictures online mainly of silver and it doesn't look that deep...?

I think it's too deep for the tiny plugs on my IEMs. Will have to use the 6mm jack and a 6mm-to-3.5mm adapter. (Or otherwise I might need pliers to get my IEMs out, haha. Might not though, it might work. I just don't think there will enough of the IEM jack to get hold of.)

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #4,713 of 18,905
Zappa reported that he has to press standby after switching the mains on to power up the unit? unless i misunderstand.
i was wrong sorry - just tested it. i habitually set my tt2 into standby mode every time i stop listening, so i'm programmed to always switch it back on again. sorry for any confusion.

Feb 24, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #4,714 of 18,905
It's not possible that it has no resistance, otherwise the ball would just spin freely on it's own.
I meant relative to the other unit.

Feb 24, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #4,716 of 18,905
Another great find/realization on the TT2... X-PHD 1 is GREAT for older jazz recordings that are recorded in HARD right and HARD left stereo. It's great on HP or AMP mode for amp/speakers.

Currently using this on "Passing Ships" by Andrew Hill, 1969, Blue Note Connoisseur Series. It was a lost tape that was found in 2001.

Funny I was just about to post the same thing! After a few sessions I use X-PHD the same way XFD1

A little off topic.

Has anyone traveled with their Hugo TT2? I just got my TT2 last week, it replaces my H2. I took the H2 all over the world with me (I am a pilot on a private jet)

I went through xray and security and they made me leave the airport, they thought my DAC was a B.....

Anyone else experience this?

My unit was out of the package for about 15 minutes before I loaded it into my bag and set off for a couple of months on the road.

I posted a couple pages back my unit in my ZERO case. Planning on taking it on a flight soon, even though I'm TSA pre-check they still stopped me with Woo WA8. Just drove out of town this weekend I'm finding TT2 a little heavy, but not bad.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #4,717 of 18,905
The XLR can be wired in either single ended (hot+ground) or balanced (hot+cold). Maybe the cable is not actually doing balanced and then you'd get the same exact output.

What is the pinout of the xlr output on the tt2?

Feb 25, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #4,720 of 18,905
If you want to add speaker wires to the XLR plug?
Maybe add this info to the first page.

Hansie is waiting on his TT2 but the Mojo is doing quite well.

mojo.jpg

Feb 25, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #4,722 of 18,905
I think it's too deep for the tiny plugs on my IEMs. Will have to use the 6mm jack and a 6mm-to-3.5mm adapter. (Or otherwise I might need pliers to get my IEMs out, haha. Might not though, it might work. I just don't think there will enough of the IEM jack to get hold of.)

Yeah, don’t mess with the 3.5mm port unless the jack on your iem’s/headphones is straight and firmly attached to the cable.

It’s annoyed me twice, once with an L shaped jack, the bloody thing took ages to come out, if the 3.5mm socket was flush with the front of the case there would not been any problems. I also got a female balanced adapter to 3.5mm jack stuck.

It’s not a huge problem but,

@Mojo ideas was this yo idea ?

If so,

Hola :)

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #4,723 of 18,905
Was looking through the thread, but didn't see anything definitive. I use my Hugo 2 for travel (in it's nifty leather case!) Is the TT2 "travelable"? Thinking about selling the Hugo2, and just buying a TT2 for home, and airplane travel.

Feb 25, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #4,724 of 18,905
no way, if it is for travel on an airplane do not sell your tt2

Feb 25, 2019 at 10:14 PM Post #4,725 of 18,905
Was looking through the thread, but didn't see anything definitive. I use my Hugo 2 for travel (in it's nifty leather case!) Is the TT2 "travelable"? Thinking about selling the Hugo2, and just buying a TT2 for home, and airplane travel.

I bought a Hugo2 and took it all over the world with me. It was amazing! It was only with the release of the TT2 and the idea of having something without batteries (don't want to worry about sending it in when the batteries fail) that I upgraded. I intend to carry the TT2 with me everywhere I go (I spend more than half the year on the road)

That being said, IMO the TT2 is way too big for use on an airplane. In the hotel sure. The TT2 is 4X the size of a Hugo2

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back