1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by ChordElectronics, May 10, 2018.
First

Back
306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315
317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326
Next

Last
  1. rickles
    Cool. My understanding is that the TT2 has "super capacitors" which act basically like batteries. How long will these power a set of IEMs? Or am I totally misunderstanding the way these supercapacitors work?

seedubchris likes this.
  2. Whazzzup
    You plug tt in, leave it plugged in, it will power your iem forever.

betula likes this.
  3. Deftone
    No they are not used as batteries to run when there is no power connected to TT2, they are used to supply more power if needed.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  4. Skyhawk182
    Did it set off the scanner? They scanned mine and thought it was a..... Made me check it. Was curious if there is something in the packing materials that contains Nitrates or Glycerin.

5. Whazzzup
    Im no engineer but I don’t think that’s what super capacitors are for. I beleive this has to do with noise and the mill block design of tt as opposed to Dave which didn’t need super caps.

6. Deftone
    Im sure they have a few different usage but in TT2 Rob says they are used to store electrical charge then deliver big dynamic currents when needed.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  7. x RELIC x Contributor
    10 seconds.

musickid, AndrewH13 and supervisor like this.
  8. Whazzzup
    Well yes the new super caps of tt2, but the concept of batteries in tt in general, if power was the need nothing beats electrical current.

9. jarnopp
    Trying to measure more carefully, and with Focal Elex as well as HE-6 at a few different volume levels, it may be that there is a 3 dB difference between the XLR and HP out, though I’m still not sure I have the equipment or skill to be doing this 100% correctly. Though, comparing HP to XLR at -3 dB, I still feel more weight from the XLR. @Rob Watts would be the definitive source for the difference between th two.

JamieMcC likes this.
  10. LeoKane
    Hi all, can anyone help please. I'm trying to source some cheap balanced XLR to speaker (banana plug) cables to drive my speakers direct from TT2. I'm based in the UK and don't have the skills/time to build my own or the money to invest in some expensive custom made ones. I just want initially to see if it does a reasonable job of driving them and then I may think about investing in better cables. thanks.

11. naynay
    Paul Bjernklo and LeoKane like this.
  12. dawktah2
    It has something to do with how it looks on x-ray scanner. What I have learned is when you pack a bag make sure all wires are on the opposite side and on a different layer than anything electronic. Then if they still ask to look at it they don't know what it is.

13. dawktah2
    See my post here I am planning on taking mine for our trip to the UK from the US. I took it with me out of town (driving) it was great! Maybe @Rob Watts can help on how much jarring the unit can withstand. I also need to find out if I need to complete some kind of paperwork due to its value. I rmember reading on Head-Fi that @Rob Watts had to do something with US Customs.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  14. Rob Watts
    TT2 is built in the same way as mobile products, so it will stand a lot of knocks and bumps - I have had no issue with mine, and it's flown 250,000+ km.

As too customs, no issue at all with it as I kept in my luggage. I carry M scaler as carry on, and no real issues at all at security - the odd question being what is that...

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
  15. seedubchris
    The super caps are also a big part of the “isolated mains power” design which uncouples the power stage completely from the AC with all of its noise and grounding issues . The super caps filter all of that out so all there is left is clean power and plenty of it on demand for transients ...

First

Back
306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315
317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326
Next

Last