1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by ChordElectronics, May 10, 2018.
First

Back
305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314
316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325
Next

Last
  1. GreenBow
    XLR should be 18W.

Single ended RCA out should be 7W.

2. GreenBow
    I think it's too deep for the tiny plugs on my IEMs. Will have to use the 6mm jack and a 6mm-to-3.5mm adapter. (Or otherwise I might need pliers to get my IEMs out, haha. Might not though, it might work. I just don't think there will enough of the IEM jack to get hold of.)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  3. ZappaMan
    i was wrong sorry - just tested it. i habitually set my tt2 into standby mode every time i stop listening, so i'm programmed to always switch it back on again. sorry for any confusion.

4. ra990
    I meant relative to the other unit.

5. ecapsretliab
    You can wire XLR for single ended or balanced.

6. dawktah2
    Funny I was just about to post the same thing! After a few sessions I use X-PHD the same way XFD1

I posted a couple pages back my unit in my ZERO case. Planning on taking it on a flight soon, even though I'm TSA pre-check they still stopped me with Woo WA8. Just drove out of town this weekend I'm finding TT2 a little heavy, but not bad.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    CClose and ZappaMan like this.
  7. tabloid
    What is the pinout of the xlr output on the tt2?

8. Triode User
    As per normal. 1 ground, 2 hot, 3 cold.

9. tabloid
    Perfect :wink:

10. Hansie
    If you want to add speaker wires to the XLR plug?
    Maybe add this info to the first page.

Hansie is waiting on his TT2 but the Mojo is doing quite well.

mojo.jpg

Deftone likes this.
  11. CRITICALSHOT
    Looks like your Mojo is sad and blue that you are getting a TT2 :k701smile:

Deftone likes this.
  12. Amberlamps
    Yeah, don’t mess with the 3.5mm port unless the jack on your iem’s/headphones is straight and firmly attached to the cable.

It’s annoyed me twice, once with an L shaped jack, the bloody thing took ages to come out, if the 3.5mm socket was flush with the front of the case there would not been any problems. I also got a female balanced adapter to 3.5mm jack stuck.

It’s not a huge problem but,

@Mojo ideas was this yo idea ?

If so,

Hola :)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  13. rickles
    Was looking through the thread, but didn't see anything definitive. I use my Hugo 2 for travel (in it's nifty leather case!) Is the TT2 "travelable"? Thinking about selling the Hugo2, and just buying a TT2 for home, and airplane travel.

14. jlbrach
    no way, if it is for travel on an airplane do not sell your tt2

rickles likes this.
  15. Skyhawk182
    I bought a Hugo2 and took it all over the world with me. It was amazing! It was only with the release of the TT2 and the idea of having something without batteries (don't want to worry about sending it in when the batteries fail) that I upgraded. I intend to carry the TT2 with me everywhere I go (I spend more than half the year on the road)

That being said, IMO the TT2 is way too big for use on an airplane. In the hotel sure. The TT2 is 4X the size of a Hugo2

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
First

Back
305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314
316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325
Next

Last