Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Feb 23, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #4,666 of 18,905
For @jarnopp fits nicely in my old zero case.
20190223_140124.jpg
20190223_140526.jpg

Feb 23, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #4,668 of 18,905
Nice! I don’t think I’ll be traveling with mine. That’s what this is for:

I suppose if I were going to be somewhere an extended time, then maybe. Otherwise, it will be in a home office space connected to Omega SAMs and some headphones when too late/early.

Nice!

After buying the TT2 if I buy another Chord product it will be an mScaler. I'm going to use my current trip to see if I'd want to travel with it regularly, it's pretty heavy.

I have been using a Woo Audio WA8. But TSA keeps stopping me since it doesn't look like a laptop. Tubes seems to trigger screening.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #4,669 of 18,905
Feb 23, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #4,671 of 18,905
Feb 23, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #4,674 of 18,905

Ok, so the adapters form Parts Express should work. Both your cable and the back of the TT2 are male 3 pin XLR so you need a gender changer (no jokes, @Amberlamps ). Those adapters will allow you to plug both sides (male cable and male TT2 out) together. Depending how heavy they are, you may want to put some support under them so they don’t exert pressure on the TT2 sockets. Or, you could determinate your HP cable or have a special adapter made (I’m sure Moon Audio or others could do that).

Edit: the other option would be to have a 3-pin XLR to 1/4” jack adapter made and run from the front single ended headphone jack, depending which headphones and how much power you need.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #4,675 of 18,905
Ok, so the adapters form Parts Express should work. Both your cable and the back of the TT2 are male 3 pin XLR so you need a gender changer (no jokes, @Amberlamps ). Those adapters will allow you to plug both sides (male cable and male TT2 out) together. Depending how heavy they are, you may want to put some support under them so they don’t exert pressure on the TT2 sockets. Or, you could determinate your HP cable or have a special adapter made (I’m sure Moon Audio or others could do that).
Perfect i will try with the "Part Express" adaptor :wink:

Feb 23, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #4,676 of 18,905
Question, why is everyone opting to use the XLR outputs, is it just for easy to drive speakers, or are folk doing this for headphone use also ?

Feb 23, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #4,677 of 18,905
Question, why is everyone opting to use the XLR outputs, is it just for easy to drive speakers, or are folk doing this for headphone use also ?

I'm using the high gain balanced out because I have Hifiman HE-6 which have a sensitivity of 83dB (at most, sometimes measured less). Ideally you need over 2 watts continuous. The single-ended output of the TT2 is 1.5 watts into 50 ohms, while the balanced out is 6 watts. Also, having tried both, I prefer the tonality of the higher output. The Abyss and maybe the LCD-4 may also benefit from the higher output. Otherwise, it may be cable preference if people have invested in balanced cables already. I wish I could use the SE for all my headphones, because then I could just leave the speakers plugged in and not have to switch them out.

Feb 23, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #4,678 of 18,905
I'm using the high gain balanced out because I have Hifiman HE-6 which have a sensitivity of 83dB (at most, sometimes measured less). Ideally you need over 2 watts continuous. The single-ended output of the TT2 is 1.5 watts into 50 ohms, while the balanced out is 6 watts. Also, having tried both, I prefer the tonality of the higher output. The Abyss and maybe the LCD-4 may also benefit from the higher output. Otherwise, it may be cable preference if people have invested in balanced cables already. I wish I could use the SE for all my headphones, because then I could just leave the speakers plugged in and not have to switch them out.

I just have mine set to Hi gain and I just use the headphone ports. If I recall correctly, Rob mentioned on the forums that if you have an mscaler attatched to TT2, the volume can go right up to +22, which is crazy loud.

I will look into this. I just don’t want to do a p2q when it comes to connectors etc.

Feb 23, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #4,679 of 18,905
I just got my second TT2, first one was damaged in the shipping so my dealer exchanged it. The first unit's volume ball had some resistance to it when turning with increasing resistance as I lowered the volume and less as I raised it; the new one has a very small amount of resistance at all levels and moves more freely. Just curious what the norm is supposed to be. Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back