Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jul 17, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #1,097 of 18,900
Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #1,099 of 18,900
Loads of pictures and questions please.I'm not gonna be disheartened if it is the M scaler, I've got the Hugo TT 2 to look forward too, I'll tell the Mrs a couple of months after I get the Hugo TT 2 that I need the M scaler, don't wanna stress her out just yet

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #1,103 of 18,900
sorry to post in this thread for etude amp as there is no dedicated thread for etude. are there any specs published for etude ? does etude has variable gain/input sensitivity ?
The etude has not started shipping yet, so the best info is available from Chord, but it doesn't mention variable gain/input sensitivity https://chordelectronics.co.uk/product/etude/

Jul 17, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #1,105 of 18,900
From what I've read the expected price of the Hugo TT2 (release now expected in October) in the US is ~$6,000, but of course may change depending on exchange rates.

Why? That make no sense because the original Hugo TT went retail for $4,500 I think back when it was released. Considering Hugo 2 is $2000 is the Hugo TT2 have triple 3x amount of taps, triple amount of filtering, triple amount of power etc? Make no sense for Chord to price it so high when they have more support than ever through people purchasing so many of their products. When will companies give back. Community was behind Chord for much of their products they should make some products to give back

Majority wont spend 6K in the Hugo TT2, if people have that much money to spend these people will just get the DAVE after saving another month or two. $3500 is the perfect pricing IMO! Lot of Mojo -> Hugo owners will atleast give it a thought at only $1500 more and many will prabably purchase when they find out about price

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 2:19 AM Post #1,106 of 18,900
That's got to be the M scaler in the middle covered up.Not long for all you lot going to the show to find out, how exciting wish I was going
Almost certainly correct. I am surprised to see a standalone M Scaler in the Hugo TT2 form factor before one in the DAVE/Choral form factor first.

Jul 18, 2018 at 2:37 AM Post #1,107 of 18,900
Almost certainly correct. I am surprised to see a standalone M Scaler in the Hugo TT2 form factor before one in the DAVE/Choral form factor first.

Except that the Choral range already has the Blu2 which is still selling well so it makes sense to leave that alone and target it at the TT2 range / price.

Jul 18, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #1,108 of 18,900
Except that the Choral range already has the Blu2 which is still selling well so it makes sense to leave that alone and target it at the TT2 range / price.
Except that the Blu2 includes a CD player and high price of admission.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #1,109 of 18,900

I agree with this sentiment, also since I won't(can't) get the DAVE + Blu2 combo then a TT2 + Mscaler combo would be the next best thing. Plus the rectangular shape of the TT2 is more manageable in my case.

Jul 18, 2018 at 2:52 AM Post #1,110 of 18,900
Except that the Blu2 includes a CD player and high price of admission.

Sure, but look at it from the manufacturers point of view. Despite both of your points I understand that Blu2 is still selling well.

It's the same with TT2 vs Dave, in some ways TT2 will outclass Dave but for ultimate sound quality Dave is still top and unlikely to be replaced for a long time.

It will be interesting to see if the new MScaler has the same sound quality as the Blu2 MScaler. Logic says it will as it is (probably) going to upscale just the same. However I will not ditch my Blu2 because I like having the CD player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back