Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jul 13, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #1,067 of 18,905
Can you give me an example? There are two 6.5mm jacks and they are both used at the same time? Link to photos, thanks!
Yes both 6.5 jacks can be used and an i.e.m for the 3.5 Jack all at the same time and sound quality is not compromised,you need an adaptor for the balanced connections on the rear so two female xlr to one female 4 pin balanced then your 4 pin male balanced headphone cable plugs into that,don't forget when you plug your passive headphones into the front you get no sound from the balanced or rca connections until you disconnect the headphone cable from the front.18 w on the balanced cable so very powerful for headphones and 9.3 w on the passive, so be careful you don't blow your headphones

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #1,068 of 18,905
Yes both 6.5 jacks can be used and an i.e.m for the 3.5 Jack all at the same time and sound quality is not compromised,you need an adaptor for the balanced connections on the rear so two female xlr to one female 4 pin balanced then your 4 pin male balanced headphone cable plugs into that,don't forget when you plug your passive headphones into the front you get no sound from the balanced or rca connections until you disconnect the headphone cable from the front.18 w on the balanced cable so very powerful for headphones and 9.3 w on the passive, so be careful you don't blow your headphones

OK, I just didn't understand why there are two 6.5mm jacks instead of just one 6.5mm single ended. Thanks!

Jul 13, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #1,071 of 18,905
It's so if your in a relationship and you don't particularly like each other then you can both put the headphones on and listen to music save talking to each other

Beat me to it by seconds

Jul 13, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #1,072 of 18,905
It's so if your in a relationship and you don't particularly like each other then you can both put the headphones on and listen to music save talking to each other

LOL

Jul 13, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #1,075 of 18,905
Does anyone think Tyll is contradicting himself when he reviews the Ether Aeon flow then the review on the clear?The Ether Aeon flow doesn't follow the harmon curve but he likes that as being less than neutral is inviting, yet he reviews the focal clear and it follows the Harmon curve perfectly yet should have no character less inviting but thinks the Focal Clear headphones are the best in the world??

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #1,076 of 18,905
I stopped using his reviews after I watched the "burn in" headphones video. Clearly looking at color in reflection on laptop screen.

Jul 13, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #1,077 of 18,905
They make a profit by making their reputation for full trade in well known then incur a small loss after selling those items off but in the end more than break even by the sheer number of new and returning customers they get. Similar hifi dealers cannot compete and the customer wins all round as does the business.

BTW what does looking at colour in reflection on laptop screen mean?

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 2:46 AM Post #1,078 of 18,905
I have been wondering how I would set up a Hugo TT 2, if I eventually decided on buying one.

Currently I use a Meridian Explorer DAC for Youtube and gaming. I save my Hugo 2 for music, and sometimes Youtube and gaming.

I use an amp and speakers for desktop. A TT 2 would mean replacing the Hugo 2. However I would still have to run an amp and speakers for the Merdian Explorer. (The reasoning being not to overuse the Hugo 2 or TT 2.) ...... However if I had a TT 2 on my desk, I would probably hook it straight up to speakers.

My issue is that I would probably still run the amplifier and speakers for the Meridian Explorer. (For Youtube and gaming.) What I am not sure about is whether speakers can be fed by two inputs. I would need a TT 2 attached to speakers, while and amplifier is also attached to the same speakers. I am not sure if that is wise. ...... I don't mean that I would have the amplifier switched on at the same time as the TT 2. That would happen by accident though.

Yep this would not be a good idea to have two sources connected to one set of speakers. I kept thinking about it, and I think one amp would put a load on the other. I just googled, and apparently you need a switch between the two amplifiers.

Still leaves me stuck though as I thought I would be. ... The only thing to do, would be to use only the TT 2 direct to speakers. Or use an amplifier with a TT 2, and to keep the Meridian Explorer in play for gaming.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #1,079 of 18,905
They make a profit by making their reputation for full trade in well known then incur a small loss after selling those items off but in the end more than break even by the sheer number of new and returning customers they get. Similar hifi dealers cannot compete and the customer wins all round as does the business.

BTW what does looking at colour in reflection on laptop screen mean?

He was selecting which headphones were burned in and clearly was looking at reflection and not hearing the difference. I'll PM you video when I find it.

Jul 15, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #1,080 of 18,905
18V RMS into a HD800! Will bring the fire extinguishers...

Those adaptors seem OK to me, but bring your regular 1/4" cables too to use the SE connection. As others have posted, in the long term adaptors are not a good idea - they do degrade the SQ quite noticeably.

Edit - just read the posts about the XLR's yes TT2 OP is male, so you would need female XLR to 4 pin like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Female-Balan..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=7XMYCJP8XVY3B21M6QWJ

Rob,

I won't have the female 4-pin XLR to dual female 3-pin XLR adapter with me after all, as it turns out that instead of 2-day Prime, these are shipped on a slow boat from China, which would not have arrived in time.

Any chance you or the Chord guys will have one on hand at the Chord HQ at CanJam?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back