Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jul 11, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #1,036 of 18,906
It's about how we all got into hi-fi, I've gone from an amstrad stack system to the chord hugo TT 2,I'm gonna be one of the first that's gonna have it so what's the problem

Sorry, they have only silver color for first 50
Can you post a photo of the remote, as there’s a lot of anxiety around the remote.

Yes, a cheap 5usd plastic RC for 6k usd product.

Jul 11, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #1,037 of 18,906
It's black.

I will also add this: If there's a more satisfying control to use on a piece of audio gear than the volume ball on the Hugo TT 2, I can't think of it.

Volume ball? I only have Qutest and can see ball in pictures does it roll in one axis or multiple?

Jul 11, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #1,038 of 18,906
Volume ball? I only have Qutest and can see ball in pictures does it roll in one axis or multiple?

Up n down

Sure its the same as hugos ? does not rotate like mojos do if they are lightly touched.

Chord really have got the volume ball in hugo down, its perfect.

Jul 11, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #1,040 of 18,906
In work today, a guy walked into the urinal wearing a set of cans, I thought, what the protocol here. If it was me, I’d have stowed them before entry. There has to lots of airborne stuff embedding in your ear cups, and then you’re taking that away with you.

By extension, what’s the protocol with wearing cans in your own toilet, again, I’d prefer to stow beforehand.

I'd say, "Stow before you go".

Cheers
GG

Jul 11, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #1,041 of 18,906
Is there a way to stay subscribed to this thread, without getting an email on each post?

My inbox is exploding. Will you guys please stop this incessant OT nonsense, for f*@#'s sake?

Jul 11, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #1,042 of 18,906
Is there a way to stay subscribed to this thread, without getting an email on each post?

My inbox is exploding. Will you guys please stop this incessant OT nonsense, for f*@#'s sake?
Sorry on behalf of Paul for the spam you got.

Easiest way to stop receiving email is to unsubscribe from thread, then subscribe again, but don’t choose email notification.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #1,043 of 18,906
Jul 11, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #1,044 of 18,906

Hit manage subscribed threads at top of your subscribed threads list.

Jul 11, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #1,045 of 18,906
Sorry on behalf of Paul for the spam you got.

Easiest way to stop receiving email is to unsubscribe from thread, then subscribe again, but don’t choose email notification.

Hit manage subscribed threads at top of your subscribed threads list.

Thanks, guys!

This "new" head-fi platform doesn't seem to let you manage the email notification, except on initial subscription. Once you set it, I don't see a way to change it, except to do as @ZappaMan wrote. Clunky.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #1,047 of 18,906
Laptop to the hugo TT 2 then to my aeon headphones then laptop to hugo TT 2 then Arcam avr 850 av amp then to speakers, to much hassle connecting directly from Hugo TT 2 as they wall mounted, for pure sound quality I'll just listen through headphones

Cool, sounds good.

I am thinking of doing this, I defo want H2TT and will buy it because I do need a static option which I thought hugo 2 would fulfill, it does but it doesnt and I also want 2go and if I buy 2 go, then it means I don’t need Mojo and Poly.

So one of them has to go and mojo is not enough to drive my new headphones, it does work, but not great, even hugo, although it sounds excellent, at times it is still lacking that oomph factor. It could be because these cans are crazy open, I dunno.

So I am in a quandry, do I get rid of Mojo n Poly and use hugo as my mobile default or, do I get rid of hugo and just keep mojo n poly for mobile use ? which although, works with the sennheiser hd800S, its not brilliant at it.

I am thinking, maybe just get rid of Hugo2 and replace it with H2TT and just use MnP as a mobile default.

Schiit is hard dude, I dont want to get rid of any of them, but one must be sacraficed, I just dont know which one.

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:01 AM Post #1,048 of 18,906
Cool, sounds good.

I am thinking of doing this, I defo want H2TT and will buy it because I do need a static option which I thought hugo 2 would fulfill, it does but it doesnt and I also want 2go and if I buy 2 go, then it means I don’t need Mojo and Poly.

So one of them has to go and mojo is not enough to drive my new headphones, it does work, but not great, even hugo, although it sounds excellent, at times it is still lacking that oomph factor. It could be because these cans are crazy open, I dunno.

So I am in a quandry, do I get rid of Mojo n Poly and use hugo as my mobile default or, do I get rid of hugo and just keep mojo n poly for mobile use ? which although, works with the sennheiser hd800S, its not brilliant at it.

I am thinking, maybe just get rid of Hugo2 and replace it with H2TT and just use MnP as a mobile default.

Schiit is hard dude, I dont want to get rid of any of them, but one must be sacraficed, I just dont know which one.
How mobile are we talking ?If it's out the house and walking around stick with mojo, if it's for the house but for say upstairs as well as downstairs then stick with Hugo 2 and get rid of mojo, I would part ex hugo 2 and get TT 2,you know it makes sense

Jul 12, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #1,049 of 18,906
How mobile are we talking ?If it's out the house and walking around stick with mojo, if it's for the house but for say upstairs as well as downstairs then stick with Hugo 2 and get rid of mojo, I would part ex hugo 2 and get TT 2,you know it makes sense

This is a no schiit offer I got, £1500 cash for H2 TT, with my hugo and mojo and poly along side it.

Full value tradein What, seriously, how can the dude do that and still make money ?

Only thing I can think of, is that they must be getting chord kit for crazy cheap.

I would like to keep one, mojo n poly smaller and easier to carry on you if outside, but hugo on its own and a coat pocket is just as mobile albeit slightly on the big side but, If I had to let one go for TT, sadly it will probably be hugo.

Its hard decision because both are good but for different things, hugo mobile in house, mojo n poly for outside and TT for my playroom.

Will decide nearer the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back