Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jul 18, 2018 at 6:01 AM Post #1,111 of 18,897
Hopefully the new Mscaler will not need ferrites.....

Most likely the TT2 with Mscaler will out perform stand alone Dave for the same price point approx and have more power to drive headphones what a dilemma.....! I feel Dave2 with more power will be coming shortly.....

Jul 18, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #1,112 of 18,897
Hopefully the new Mscaler will not need ferrites.....

Most likely the TT2 with Mscaler will out perform stand alone Dave for the same price point approx and have more power to drive headphones what a dilemma.....! I feel Dave2 with more power will be coming shortly.....

Rob has always maintained that Blu2 doesn't 'need' ferrites and that they are just fine tuning. I suspect that many owners do indeed just use it without ferrites just exactly as Chord demonstrate it at hifi shows.

Regarding a Dave 2, he has consistently said of recent times that he is not anywhere near beginning to think about a Dave 2. I suspect that after the new MScaler launch his attention will go to the digital amps and that is what the current Dave will team up with to give power hungry systems some real grunt. The sound of the Dave is still the best available and the addition of standalone digital amps will leapfrog the combined performance well above TT2.

Of course only RW and JF really know. :grinning:

Jul 18, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #1,114 of 18,897
Rob has always maintained that Blu2 doesn't 'need' ferrites and that they are just fine tuning. I suspect that many owners do indeed just use it without ferrites just exactly as Chord demonstrate it at hifi shows.

Regarding a Dave 2, he has consistently said of recent times that he is not anywhere near beginning to think about a Dave 2. I suspect that after the new MScaler launch his attention will go to the digital amps and that is what the current Dave will team up with to give power hungry systems some real grunt. The sound of the Dave is still the best available and the addition of standalone digital amps will leapfrog the combined performance well above TT2.

Of course only RW and JF really know. :grinning:

Yes indeed, Mscaler may not need ferrites according to Rob but when I had blu2 on test with my Dave I had a 50 % increase with one type of interconnects I used, which no doubt will cost more than the Mscaler ( as yet the cost of the Mscaler is unknown ) so was trying to get the added benefit of using ferrites or possibly one of your set of cables without the added cost of the cables I used.

But like I said Rob may have addressed this hopefully......... as for me it is not a fine tune as I found out with USB and BNC cables .......

Strange thing I got so much more with these cables it's not fine tuning for me but others may not experience the difference I did so I guess it's YMMV.

The Sound of Dave vs TT2 with Mscaler debatable perhaps, I think we will have to wait and see but I am leading towards the TT2 with Mscaler for headphones that like the extra power, but again Dave works well with my LCD4 as is.

As I see it the TT2 - Mscaler should perhaps get near of better Dave's performance in some aspects and perhaps cheaper......... but Dave-Mscaler perfect for me, lets see what happens on Saturday....?

I guess the extra power in the TT2 has something to do with the new digital amps...?

Anyone fancy meeting up at CamJam....?

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #1,116 of 18,897
Yes indeed, Mscaler may not need ferrites according to Rob but when I had blu2 on test with my Dave I had a 50 % increase with one type of interconnects I used, which no doubt will cost more than the Mscaler ( as yet the cost of the Mscaler is unknown ) so was trying to get the added benefit of using ferrites or possibly one of your set of cables without the added cost of the cables I used.

But like I said Rob may have addressed this hopefully......... as for me it is not a fine tune as I found out with USB and BNC cables .......

Strange thing I got so much more with these cables it's not fine tuning for me but others may not experience the difference I did so I guess it's YMMV.

The Sound of Dave vs TT2 with Mscaler debatable perhaps, I think we will have to wait and see but I am leading towards the TT2 with Mscaler for headphones that like the extra power, but again Dave works well with my LCD4 as is.

As I see it the TT2 - Mscaler should perhaps get near of better Dave's performance in some aspects and perhaps cheaper......... but Dave-Mscaler perfect for me, lets see what happens on Saturday....?

I guess the extra power in the TT2 has something to do with the new digital amps...?

Anyone fancy meeting up at CamJam....?

I'm wavering about going to CamJam . . . .

I was merely reporting what Rob's line is about the need for ferrites (ie fine tuning). I agree that for me as well it is way more than fine tuning and is a fundamental improvement to the MScaler sound but it's one of those things that if you haven't had the possible improvement demonstrated then you don't know it is there. And then there is the YMMV thing as you rightly point out.

Jul 18, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #1,117 of 18,897
OK so are we all going to have a guess on price, I reckon M scaler will be £2495.Everyone chips in for the winner and buys him or her the M scaler fair?Just so everyone knows I don't have any inside information, let the game begin

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #1,119 of 18,897
I don’t think it’s an M-Scaler I think it maybe Rob’s Analogue to Digital Converter called DAVINA. Does look suspiciously Hugo TT size though so maybe I’m wrong!!

Jul 18, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #1,121 of 18,897
OK so are we all going to have a guess on price, I reckon M scaler will be £2495.Everyone chips in for the winner and buys him or her the M scaler fair?Just so everyone knows I don't have any inside information, let the game begin
If that's definitely the M-scaler i believe it will cost around £3995 since is high end technology only available from Chord Electronics.

Jul 18, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #1,123 of 18,897
Jul 18, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #1,125 of 18,897

Users who are viewing this thread

Back