Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jul 18, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #1,126 of 18,887
Ok thought I thought I would have a punt at the cost of Mscaler as I said before £1500.00 difference blu2 vs chord Blu plus price of box £1.000. plus it's worth to us, market value ….?

So say £3500.00 but if it were me I would try to maximise my profit ( and there's no harm in that ) so say 4 k as Chord do the prices in £500.00 increments so @musicday has my best guess.

Mscaler is the catalyst for Chord to sell more Dacs or vice versa since it's pitched with the TT2 size box it has to be in the same price region.

So I am with £3995.00 any more perhaps a little over priced ….? If it were less they would sell more Dacs IMO.

Jul 18, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #1,128 of 18,887
I got the stax cover for my Mrspeakers aeon flow, fits perfectly IMG_20180718_204317.jpg

Jul 18, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #1,129 of 18,887
Does anyone have any idea of the Canadian pricing on the HTT2? 4000 pounds in the UK, but that most likely includes VAT, so I'm not sure what the price will be in Canada. I suppose it will ultimately be up to the North American distributor. The Hugo TT was $5495CAD or there abouts, but I'm expecting the "2" to be more expensive. Not sure how much.

Jul 18, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #1,130 of 18,887
Vat in the UK is 20%, so, £800 of TT2 cost is vat.

Maybe helps you figure out what canadian price will be ?

Jul 18, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #1,131 of 18,887
Vat in the UK is 20%, so, £800 of TT2 cost is vat.

Maybe helps you figure out what canadian price will be ?

Yeah, I already calculated that one out. Experience with some other products makes me question my calculations though, as even after removing VAT, they were priced higher in the UK than in Canada ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jul 18, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #1,132 of 18,887
Yeah, I already calculated that one out. Experience with some other products makes me question my calculations though, as even after removing VAT, they were priced higher in the UK than in Canada ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have no idea, it could possibly be caused by brexit and the pound taking hits, nowadays it only seems to be chinese stuff thats cheap.

Why cheaper in canada, you would have to ask chord.

Jul 18, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #1,133 of 18,887
In that mini review on the hugo TT 2 and Toby, they mentioned the remote that can do basic stuff so I'm assuming it's gonna look like Dave's remote,my opinion why not get the company that make the outta case for Chords hi fi products to make the remote, isn't it part of the experience to use the remote and feel the quality of the product it's controlling? ?Arcam Naim have better remotes as you get to the more expensive stuff, I think this is one area were John Franks has got it totally wrong

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #1,134 of 18,887
There doesn't seem to be much speculation of the new Chord product outside of a standalone M-Scaler and it seemed obvious that it had to be such as Jude admitted that it was already his top candidate for 'product of the year'. I can't think of any other product Chord has been working on that would be nominated for such an honor and appeal to the broadest audience in our community. We are still a couple of days away from the unveiling, but my wallet is wide open and ready for pre-order!

It also makes sense that the DAVE already has a companion M-Scaler in the choral series with the Blu Mk2 with a comparable price point. I feel it's very telling that the new Chord mystery product is sandwiched between the TT2 DAC and compatible TToby amplifier, both at comparable price points.

Therefore, my current price estimate for the new standalone M-Scaler would be in the ballpark of £3996 ~ $5200 USD. This is the same price listed in the first post of this thread for the TT2.

It's hard to put things into perspective when you've spent years experiencing the ebb and flow of the audiophile journey, but I'm genuinely scared about my excitement for this product to come to fruition.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #1,138 of 18,887
Can someone please ELI5 what the MScaler is and why there's so much excitement about it? From what I understand it does upscaling in the digital domain before the signal goes to the DAC. So, it's just a really good upscaler then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back