Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jun 7, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #632 of 18,900
Think I'm gonna go Atlas with the chord hugo TT 2,did I tell everyone I've got the chord hugo TT 2 on pre order?? ??Probably be Atlas 2 when I get it lol, given up on over headphones now,I've never felt that buzz that I did when I owned the sennheiser ie 800 since, had focal utopia focal clear ,grado ps 1000,stax 007 mk 2 and the SR - L 700

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #633 of 18,900
Think I'm gonna go Atlas with the chord hugo TT 2,did I tell everyone I've got the chord hugo TT 2 on pre order?? ??Probably be Atlas 2 when I get it lol, given up on over headphones now,I've never felt that buzz that I did when I owned the sennheiser ie 800 since, had focal utopia focal clear ,grado ps 1000,stax 007 mk 2 and the SR - L 700
You should have kept the Utopia. Out of Dave is magnificent and i sure it will sound wonderful out of TT 2.

Jun 7, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #638 of 18,900
I think the photos from Munich show no 'location' holes similar to those on the Hugo2 case.
Based on that, I have assumed that any 'streamer' would take the form of a standalone 'box', connected by cable to the TT2.
Makes sense.

Jun 7, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #639 of 18,900
Would the tt2 ever get a poly type add on?

I would think not since its a desktop dac/amp and any streamer can just be plugged in to H2TT, giving people the option to use whatever they prefer.

Even H2 doesnt really need a dedicated streamer, I want one for it though, but sometimes I wonder that, if I could get 2 micro usb cables made that would have one male end and one female end, I wonder, if I could get them made, would Poly then work on H2 ?

If so, the cost of 2 custom made usb cables and a poly could be a much cheaper option than 2go ?

I am sure Chord have thought about such things and have probably got a lock inplace that would stop users from doing so.

I did initially think it could be barred from being used by not seeing the correct/ X amount of current from Mojo, but Chord then changed Polys startup ( due to the cold startup bug ) by removing X current needed before Poly will turn on, to ANY current detected from Mojo.

So it might be possible to use Poly on H2.

Just a thought.

Jun 10, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #641 of 18,900
Jun 11, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #643 of 18,900
All my hi-fi is black hence why I've pre ordered the hugo TT 2 in black but the campfire audio Atlas are silver and not sure if to go silver so it goes with the in ears and stands out from the rest of my kit decisions decisions. .....

Jun 11, 2018 at 7:16 AM Post #644 of 18,900
Waiting for substance, and after ch2 launch and the the General night and day references I’m sceptical. Outside of the high v for speaker output or harder to drive cans, I’m waiting. Tt/ tt2 comparisons please. Then sift through reviews.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #645 of 18,900
Well when I get my chord hugo TT 2 don't expect a review, on Rob watts thread at the beginning of it he explains sound stage etc... I now know what they all mean to describe the sound but i struggle to pin point sub bass to bass, bleeding into the mid-range it's just rocket science to me, so why am I paying a fortune for expensive great sounding hi-fi? I really couldn't describe it like a reviewer, I can only say I enjoy the music better,I wish I could describe what I'm hearing as it would benefit ppl in here wanting to know what it sounds like as do I, even when I get the Chord Hugo TT 2 I'll be dying to read reviews on it which is ridiculous as I would of heard it with my own ears,upsets me that I can't explain what I'm hearing, Mrs thinks I'm a super intelligent bloke when it comes to hi-fi but I haven't got a clue I just like what I hear and if I don't I won't buy it ..Bought the Chord hugo TT 2 blind but come on its Rob watts and John Franks we talking about, it's guaranteed to be awesome.Should of worked for Chord in advertising, I would of sold them a shed more

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back