Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jun 17, 2018 at 1:21 AM Post #661 of 18,905
You thinking the low gain mode doesn’t apply to the headphone out?

Thanks for letting me know about that. I've missed some of the discussion. Does this affect the front headphone outputs as well as the rear?

Jun 17, 2018 at 1:31 AM Post #662 of 18,905
Yes the gain control is for all outputs - and it will remember the settings for headphone or RCA/XLR outputs separately.

The low gain mode limits the OP to 2.5v RMS, so it's good for IEM's and for power amps that can't tolerate the 9v RMS (18V RMS on XLR) that TT2 is capable of in high gain mode. Residual noise as a fixed level is also reduced.

Jun 17, 2018 at 4:10 AM Post #663 of 18,905
Thanks for letting me know about that. I've missed some of the discussion. Does this affect the front headphone outputs as well as the rear?

Wasn’t sure until Rob replied, Amos. Now we both know ; )

Thanks @Rob Watts

Jun 17, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #668 of 18,905
Any serious comparisons to Dave, or TT + Blu II vs DAVE + Blu II yet?

Can imagine that the TT will sound fast with great transients with its super fast super capacitors =)

Jun 17, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #669 of 18,905
Any serious comparisons to Dave, or TT + Blu II vs DAVE + Blu II yet?

Can imagine that the TT will sound fast with great transients with its super fast super capacitors =)
All we have at the minute is a few guys at a show saying they listened and they want one. I don’t want to bring it up, but we don’t even know what the remote looks like, and this is causing some anxiety in the base.

Jun 17, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #670 of 18,905
You can here the bow reson man. Lol

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2018 at 11:25 PM Post #671 of 18,905

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 18, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #673 of 18,905
What a strange phone this is, can only text with predictive text off for my messages to come up properly.Well been looking at headphone cables to fit the chord hugo TT 2,need 2.5 left and right to left and right female XLR into the back TT 2,does that sound right? Then I use volume from the TT 2 which controls the volume of the balanced outputs of TT 2

Jun 18, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #674 of 18,905
TT back xlr is for interconnect balanced to a balanced amp. ( I don’t know speakers im hp guy. ) you can set fix volume on start up and or adjust the volume to adjust voltage to your amp. Now tt2 has a gain as well. Kinda weird but that’s for speakers and or front panel se super needy hp.. so no this is not a trs balanced l and r. The only reason I say gain is weird is the increase voltage might increase noise but maybe chord has it figured

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #675 of 18,905
TT back xlr is for interconnect balanced to a balanced amp. ( I don’t know speakers im hp guy. ) you can set fix volume on start up and or adjust the volume to adjust voltage to your amp. Now tt2 has a gain as well. Kinda weird but that’s for speakers and or front panel se super needy hp.. so no this is not a trs balanced l and r. The only reason I say gain is weird is the increase voltage might increase noise but maybe chord has it figured
I've got the nighthawk so should I just connect to the front Jack then? More power?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back