Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jun 3, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #541 of 18,900
September//4K GBP. Hope that helps. I'll be saving this summer.

Jun 3, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #542 of 18,900
If they price is around 4K it will sell like hotcakes again. It will prabably sell like how Mojo did but to high mid-end customers. Yup I will be picking one up if its 4K USD Chord. You guys need that third big wave and become millionaires and take over Audio market. Chord TT2 at 4K USD would do it I bet!

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #544 of 18,900
Should be about 5500$ at 4K sterling. These items are certainly not easy to come by. Saving all the time. Spend the time making sure the infrastructure and cables, power etc are all good to welcome TT2 to its new home in the autumn while listening to mojo now.:L3000:

Listening to Lisa Stansfield the hits biography roon.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #545 of 18,900
Everyone has missed emphasizing the TT2's biggest feature: the frigging 7.3Watts into a nominal 8ohm output for driving any 96ohm or better efficient speakers! And with the touted super-caps and revamped output stage, the TT2 has the power to drive transients and handle speaker impedance fluctuations. Yes, this is Rob's digital amp technology integrated into a mini-Dave. I almost bought a Hugo2 because even its 2watts direct to my 98dB Voxativ speakers sounded incredible ...although just a bit thin. I am certainly going to wait for TT2 to see if it can close the gap on requirement for an external amp. If so, TT2 is the ultimate integrated ...at least for my nearfield setup.

This is some great news! I am glad I came across this messege since this is exactly what I plan to be doing when getting TT 2.

And I actually did this with the original Hugo and it worked phenominally well. I remember another member did the same and thought it sounded like his 13K Devialet 200 but with obviously lesser volume level. I thought Hugo running my speakers alone actually sounded more refined, airier than the Devialet 200.

Question: I was wondering would I have to use custom Y- RCA splitter cables and plug in speaker cables into the RCA right/left input of the TT2 or will the Chord TT2 have speaker cable input like your any normal stereo amplifiers would have? Thanks in advance anyone that know the answer!

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #546 of 18,900
Should be about 5500$ at 4K sterling. These items are certainly not easy to come by. Saving all the time. Spend the time making sure the infrastructure and cables, power etc are all good to welcome TT2 to its new home in the autumn while listening to mojo now.:L3000:

Listening to Lisa Stansfield the hits biography roon.

Yes, ofourse! If you spend this much on Audio setup you want everything to be in good shape. Quality wise too will be very transparent so many things will be revealed! You certainly dont want to cheap out on one part of the system and waste/degrade 30% of the performance of what its capable of! :D

Jun 3, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #547 of 18,900
With the 160, odd 000 taps and 20 WTAs as opposed to 10, I strongly doubt it. What good is all that extra amping and power improvements if the heart isn't DAVE spec. People did the same thing, wishing that Hugo2 could somehow be close to DAVE. Let's rein it in, people and accept it for what it is. It is not DAVE, it's an enlarged H2.

It is NOT enlarged H2 either. It is Hugo TT2, isn't it? :D

Jun 3, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #548 of 18,900
EDIT: Wow all this time I have been calling it Hugo TT 2, but it's Hugo 2 TT.

Yes it is indeed Hugo TT 2...

However the casework on the picture of the Hugo 2 TT/ Hugo TT 2, says Hugo 2 TT, in post one of this thread. ... That's why I corrected myself.

TT2 is easier I think. I hope I didn't come across as trying to be smart, or catch anyone out. I was just saying why I suddenly reverted to H2 TT.

Jun 4, 2018 at 12:19 AM Post #549 of 18,900
At more than 90k taps it will feel like double the detail and resolving power of hugo 2 put simplistically.

Logic dictates the new name must be Hugo TT2 as Hugo TT(1) was known simply as Hugo TT.:nerd:

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2018 at 5:37 AM Post #550 of 18,900
If they price is around 4K it will sell like hotcakes again. It will prabably sell like how Mojo did but to high mid-end customers. Yup I will be picking one up if its 4K USD Chord. You guys need that third big wave and become millionaires and take over Audio market. Chord TT2 at 4K USD would do it I bet!
The problem is if they became millionaire's they might retire and where would we all be then? I know where I'll be in 30 years, on antique roadshow selling my chord hugo TT 2 for half a million

Jun 4, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #551 of 18,900
This is some great news! I am glad I came across this messege since this is exactly what I plan to be doing when getting TT 2.

And I actually did this with the original Hugo and it worked phenominally well. I remember another member did the same and thought it sounded like his 13K Devialet 200 but with obviously lesser volume level. I thought Hugo running my speakers alone actually sounded more refined, airier than the Devialet 200.

Question: I was wondering would I have to use custom Y- RCA splitter cables and plug in speaker cables into the RCA right/left input of the TT2 or will the Chord TT2 have speaker cable input like your any normal stereo amplifiers would have? Thanks in advance anyone that know the answer!
With my Hugo2 demo I used this adapter combo from Amazon:
IMG_20170914_115626.jpgIMG_20170914_115528.jpg
UXCELL BNC to Dual Banana Binding Adapter with matching RCA connectors

There is no magic. Independent of the notion that RCA is line level and speaker terminals are speaker level, the connections both have a +/- ...you just need to make the correct metal-to-metal contact.

Dan

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #553 of 18,900
I like the silver colour, what do you guys prefer?
Chord Hugo TT 2 will available to listen at CanJam London next month.
Can't wait:)
I'm gutted I've changed shifts so on 5 crew so can't take my holidays when I want now, wanted to go the show in London and meet Rob watts, especially now I'm getting the chord hugo TT 2.I prefer it in black mate

Jun 4, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #554 of 18,900
I like the silver colour, what do you guys prefer?
Chord Hugo TT 2 will available to listen at CanJam London next month.
Can't wait:)
My Mojo is black, but my Hugo 2 is silver.
Most of my other gear is silver, and I think that silver does not show fingerprints so badly.
Do us all a favour, and listen to the TT2, and report your impressions.
I think we will all understand that show conditions are not ideal for listening, but any clues that you can provide will be interesting.

Jun 4, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #555 of 18,900
My Mojo is black, but my Hugo 2 is silver.
Most of my other gear is silver, and I think that silver does not show fingerprints so badly.
Do us all a favour, and listen to the TT2, and report your impressions.
I think we will all understand that show conditions are not ideal for listening, but any clues that you can provide will be interesting.
I will try and do my best. I am sure that TT2 is another great Chord Electronics DAC that will not disappoint. Actually Rob Watts improves them as technology advances, so they get better and better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back