Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jun 4, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #557 of 18,851
I'm gutted I've changed shifts so on 5 crew so can't take my holidays when I want now, wanted to go the show in London and meet Rob watts, especially now I'm getting the chord hugo TT 2.I prefer it in black mate
That's unfortunate, as I would have liked to have met you.
And Chord have taken the step to launch something new at London CanJam too; it's one of my designs, and I will be showing it and talking about it at a seminar too. I am very excited about this new development...

Jun 5, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #558 of 18,851
And Chord have taken the step to launch something new at London CanJam too; it's one of my designs, and I will be showing it and talking about it at a seminar too. I am very excited about this new development...
Thanks for that Rob, a new launch and one of your new designs how exciting, wish I was going to the seminar would of been amazing

Jun 5, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #559 of 18,851
Now Chord have me guessing again, what a tease......
I expect it must have something to do with headphones could that be a Mscaler ....? Here we go again.... I am getting my hopes up again.
Does anyone know what time and day Rob is going to hold the seminar as I will be attending...?

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #560 of 18,851

Oh you temptress!

I'm still waiting for my prize for correctly guessing the Munich announcements on the Chord FaceBook page competition but I will try a different tack this time and go for a USB powered orange peeler.

Am I close?

(edit, everyone else is going to go on about predictable stuff such as MScaler, digital amp (less likely for canjam?) etc but I think my guess will be more fun).

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #561 of 18,851
Galvanized egg scrambler

Jun 5, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #563 of 18,851
My failure rate at predicting the new releases at CES and Munich must be well in excess of 80%, so take these comments with a large pinch of salt.
  • It will be one of Robs designs, so that eliminates any streamers from the possibilities.
  • Rob also says chord will be releasing a new product - I don't know about you, but the MScaler has been talked about for sooooo long, that it no longer feels new to my mind.
  • A digital amplifier would fit the criteria as a Rob design, but I have a lingering doubt that they will release such an amp at a headphone show.
Having eliminated the obvious candidates, I have to resort to allowing a few left field thoughts to gel in my mind.
Just imagine a Hugo2 sized case, with an external power supply.
Inside the case is an entry level (that's entry level for chord) version of the ADC from the Davina project, plus the Hugo2 FPGA dac, plus the output amplifier stage from the TT2. The outputs are normal headphone and RCA.
That could be a vinyl lovers dream, whether they use headphones or efficient speakers.

Jun 5, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #564 of 18,851
Last edited:
Jun 5, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #565 of 18,851
I hope 2go appears at London CanJam.

Hugo 2 > 2go > Snazzy New Case = game set and match in the portable streaming department.

However, I would like a side order of M Scaler if its on the menu ?

If not, I will have mushy pea’s and chips instead.

Jun 5, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #566 of 18,851
The reviews on the chord hugo TT they complained about the remote on it, I liked the remote on the chord hugo 2 and was wondering if the remote will be the same.I'm using my Xbox one x listening to u tube for music, oh the joys of audiophile music

For 4 grand in real money, £, the remote better not be the same as Hugo2.

Although the H2 remote works and gets the job done, it does however have cheap written all over it.

I would think that for £4k, I would like to see a nicer remote that does not look out of place when placed next to H2TT.

It doesnt have to be extravagant, just something subtle but nice, just something that does not look like it came out of a christmas cracker in 1986.

Jun 5, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #567 of 18,851
For 4 grand in real money, £, the remote better not be the same as Hugo2.

Although the H2 remote works and gets the job done, it does however have cheap written all over it.

I would think that for £4k, I would like to see a nicer remote that does not look out of place when placed next to H2TT.

It doesnt have to be extravagant, just something subtle but nice, just something that does not look like it came out of a christmas cracker in 1986.

Is this classy enough for you? Would you be happy if you got a remote looking like this for the H2TT?

9F1AE025-DE34-4F86-8D58-5A13718FBA92.jpeg

Jun 5, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #568 of 18,851
Is this classy enough for you? Would you be happy if you got a remote looking like this for the H2TT?

No I wouldnt be happy with the above remote.

It looks very similar to Hugo 2’s remote, I dont mind the remote for H2 because it is a portable device and priced accordingy, but for a pure desktop device that will cost £4 grand, I would not be happy with the above remote if that is the h2tt remote.

Granted at the end of the day it is just a remote and I wouldnt be put off buying X product whatever that is because of it, but, they put alot of thought into styling their devices and for 4 grand, it would be nicer if the remote didnt look like it fell out of michael j fox’s pocket when he was touring the 1980s in a delorean.

Look at the apple tv remote, it only has a few buttons, yet it is metal and included in a £120 device and it looks like some thought has went into it.

Not asking for miracles, just a nice remote that could sit at H2TT’s side and not look out of place or look like it belonged to a small portable tv from the 1990s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 5, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #569 of 18,851
With my Hugo2 demo I used this adapter combo from Amazon:

UXCELL BNC to Dual Banana Binding Adapter with matching RCA connectors

There is no magic. Independent of the notion that RCA is line level and speaker terminals are speaker level, the connections both have a +/- ...you just need to make the correct metal-to-metal contact.

Dan

Deleted

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #570 of 18,851
No I wouldnt be happy with the above remote.

It looks very similar to Hugo 2’s remote, I dont mind the remote for H2 because it is a portable device and priced accordingy, but for a pure desktop device that will cost £4 grand, I would not be happy with the above remote if that is the h2tt remote.

Granted at the end of the day it is just a remote and I wouldnt be put off buying X product whatever that is because of it, but, they put alot of thought into styling their devices and for 4 grand, it would be nicer if the remote didnt look like it fell out of michael j fox’s pocket when he was touring the 1980s in a delorean.

Look at the apple tv remote, it only has a few buttons, yet it is metal and included in a £120 device and it looks like some thought has went into it.

Not asking for miracles, just a nice remote that could sit at H2TT’s side and not look out of place or look like it belonged to a small portable tv from the 1990s.

Well I deliberately wondered what it would take to make you happy because my picture is of the Dave remote.

I have had lovely metal remotes before and they were a pain. The paint scratched, they were too heavy. Generally I am quite happy with the Dave remote as supplied and pictured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back