Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jun 5, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #571 of 18,907
Now Chord have me guessing again, what a tease......
I expect it must have something to do with headphones could that be a Mscaler ....? Here we go again.... I am getting my hopes up again.
Does anyone know what time and day Rob is going to hold the seminar as I will be attending...?
Apparently it's the Dave 3,he skipping on the Dave 2 joke. I'm sure Rob will tell everyone in here the time mate, wish I was going with you

Jun 5, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #572 of 18,907
Well I deliberately wondered what it would take to make you happy because my picture is of the Dave remote.

I have had lovely metal remotes before and they were a pain. The paint scratched, they were too heavy. Generally I am quite happy with the Dave remote as supplied and pictured.
If that's the Dave remote then we might be looking at a remote with a wire attached

Jun 5, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #573 of 18,907
Well I deliberately wondered what it would take to make you happy because my picture is of the Dave remote.

I have had lovely metal remotes before and they were a pain. The paint scratched, they were too heavy. Generally I am quite happy with the Dave remote as supplied and pictured.

I can practically guarantee that everyone who saw that remote in their dave’s box were like, urgh what a cheap remote.

Guaranteed thats what happened in the majority of cases, but it works and at the end of the day that is all thats needed. Howver, just because it’s daves remote, it does not mean that I have to like it and does not make me hard to please if I dont.

Looking at the Original Hugo TT remote, now that looks ok and inkeeping with Hugo TT design and I would be quite happy with that or similar for H2TT’s remote.

It doesn’t have to be metal or gold plated, just something that works and which doesnt look out of place when placed next to or on top of H2TT.

Chord take great care to get their designs just right, however I think for their more expensive products, a nicer remote would complete that package. When we buy from Chord, we are buying into the Chord experience and that experience should extend to the remote, in some cases it has, Hugo TT, in Daves case it has not.

I would be happy if the original Hugo TT remote was included in H2TT’s box.

Jun 5, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #574 of 18,907
I can practically guarantee that everyone who saw that remote in their dave’s box were like, urgh what a cheap remote.

Guaranteed thats what happened in the majority of cases, but it works and at the end of the day that is all thats needed. Howver, just because it’s daves remote, it does not mean that I have to like it and does not make me hard to please if I dont.

Looking at the Original Hugo TT remote, now that looks ok and inkeeping with Hugo TT design and I would be quite happy with that or similar for H2TT’s remote.

It doesn’t have to be metal or gold plated, just something that works and which doesnt look out of place when placed next to or on top of H2TT.

Chord take great care to get their designs just right, however I think for their more expensive products, a nicer remote would complete that package. When we buy from Chord, we are buying into the Chord experience and that experience should extend to the remote, in some cases it has, Hugo TT, in Daves case it has not.

Really hung up on that remote huh? FWIW, I was really impressed when I first used/saw the Hugo 2's remote. I was surprised that they went to the trouble to make a custom remote rather than some generic clunky thing.

Jun 5, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #575 of 18,907

I actually prefer the H2 remote over the TT one it felt more ergonomic despite it being plastic..

Jun 5, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #577 of 18,907
Really hung up on that remote huh? FWIW, I was really impressed when I first used/saw the Hugo 2's remote. I was surprised that they went to the trouble to make a custom remote rather than some generic clunky thing.

Yes, I am hung up regarding a remote as in this day and age their is no need to go the ugly route, not saying thats what they are doing, just pointing out that there is no need to do so.

Also, if you read my post, it says “I will be happy with the original Hugo TT remote”.

Jun 5, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #580 of 18,907
I'm hoping for remote that comes with a implant chip,got my knife ready when Mrs is asleep, I'll be wearing out the off button

Would be great if it was similar to the Sky Q remote, speech features so that you can push a button and speak into the remote and tell it to play a song or tune into radio, volume up and down or wash the dishes etc etc.

I would love to have that, would save me from having to scroll through endless folders to find a certain song.

Jun 5, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #581 of 18,907
Would be great if it was similar to the Sky Q remote, speech features so that you can push a button and speak into the remote and tell it to play a song or tune into radio, volume up and down or wash the dishes etc etc.

I would love to have that, would save me from having to scroll through endless folders to find a certain song.
I didn't even know you could speak to your phone to google and it will find what your looking for until 3 days ago, amazing,talk to the Sky remote? ?I've sang into it

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #585 of 18,907
If you like electronic music I've been listening to kiasmos,quite chilled but superb, bet it would be great headphone music, just need a pair of headphones now
I could sell you a nice pair of hd650 with custom cable / great for a cosy listen experience !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back