1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by ChordElectronics, May 10, 2018.
First

Back
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Next

Last
  1. greenmountain
    I have to say as much as I like the sound quality of Chord products I find the design of the cases just ugly especially Dave. The Mojo is o.k. but these illuminated windows on the other products remind me of Gucci bag design, bling and brand identification. I appreciate very much that the design is not like just a standard box but I would prefer a more understated and elegant solution. After listening to the TT2 at HighEnd I am very convinced of the sound quality so it will be very likely I have to live with that design.

2. musickid
    Can you elaborate on what you heard? thanks mk

3. greenmountain
    They demonstrated the TT2 with the Audeze LCD-XC which is a good choice for a noisy show environment. Sound was extended with well controlled bass and clean highs, nothing too emphasized. I could listen to some music I am familiar with on my speaker setup and I really appreciated the very natural micro dynamics of notes, how they start and how they decay even not masked by the next notes. So correct timing and such low noise floor makes music sound more real and can transmit emotional nuances of a real performance.

ZappaMan likes this.
  4. musickid
    Thanks greenmountain another happy listener.

5. vaibhavp
    I like unique design language that chord products have. At least they have some character. Would always choose something like this over plain looking.

I am disappointed by the color choices they offer. Some years ago I used to like everything in black. But thats no longer the case. I would like to have some of their products in well made neon colours in matt finish to match the glowing balls.

Deftone likes this.
  6. DMck2000
    I love Chord's industrial design. It is extremely unique, and kinda reminds me of retro futurism a little bit. Some beautiful use of glass and color changing to indicate frequency and volume.

Deftone, GreenBow and Nik74 like this.
  7. paul2qute

8. paul2qute
    So a Dave in a cute square box then lol

9. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Me too! My DAVE and Hugo 2 get a lot of compliments too from friends/family as well.

DMck2000 likes this.
  10. maxh22
    Dave review anytime soon? :sunglasses:

11. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Frank I actually already reviewed for us here:
    http://headphone.guru/the-chord-dave-digital-or-analogue/

For me, in a few short words, simply the best DAC I've heard bar none! It can pretty much drive all of the headphones I have on hand from the LCD-4 to my Abyss Phi and IEMs (and everything in between).

maxh22 likes this.
  12. maxh22
    Ahh yes this one, it’s one of my favorite Dave reviews actually.

13. paul2qute
    Deleted

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  14. paul2qute
    The reviews on the chord hugo TT they complained about the remote on it, I liked the remote on the chord hugo 2 and was wondering if the remote will be the same.I'm using my Xbox one x listening to u tube for music, oh the joys of audiophile music

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  15. SearchOfSub
    My next DAC is finally launching. I wonder what the exact date and price is? Chord?

First

Back
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Next

Last