Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Aug 20, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #6,571 of 18,907
I will be receiving my TT2 during the second half of September and all has been finalised. I also ordered a pure silver headphone cable of 3 metres length with a furutech connector today at £399. Hand made and optimised to bring the best out of my PM1. Today was a good day.

Finally dude :)

What you doing with Hugo, trading him in ?

This is between you, me and the gate post, nintronics will give you £1800 tradein value for your hugo 2 if you buy a TT2, gotta save them pennies, well atleast whilst it's pre brexit, post brexit is all gold baby, start melting down your earrings and bangles, it's coming like a phat woman running to claim her free mars bar coupons in the sun, it's destiny.

You gunna love TT2 bro, it's like woah, wild stallions dude!

Oh yeah.

Aug 20, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #6,572 of 18,907
Congrats, MK! :violin:

Aug 20, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #6,573 of 18,907
With a new pure silver handmade headphone cable too with top specs and Furutech connector etc.. I did get 100% back of the value of my hugo2. My audition of PM1/HMS/TT2 sealed the deal for me. The new silver cable will add some sparkle to the top end treble and "open up" the PM1 a bit more. This was really the missing part of the puzzle for me and the addition of a pure silver cable here gave me the confidence to go for a TT2. I found the solution i wanted. The cable will be with me soon and came highly recommended. PM1 with silver cable and TT2/HMS will be a smoking hot end game combo/solution for me. The cable is handmade at £399. I researched it thoroughly with the help of a fellow PM1 user using the the same silver cable too. Combined with the chord stack i've maximised to the very last penny the SQ i can achieve with my given budget.

8d95ef_a3ed79e259864283836927dd49f56021.webp

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #6,574 of 18,907
With a new pure silver handmade headphone cable too with top specs and Furutech connector etc.. I did get 100% back of the value of my hugo2. My audition of PM1/HMS/TT2 sealed the deal for me.

Really cool that you went for a TT2, a decent step up from H2.

It's sound compared to Hugo 2 reminds me of those stress balls that you squeeze in your hand.

The music sounds meatier, like you can reach out and grab and squeeze it, it feels thick, I'm probably speaking schit, but you made the right decision, post brexit, Chord dacs will still be expensive second hand, just think of it as an investment.

Aug 20, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #6,575 of 18,907
Many thanks Amber. I edited my post above explaining the events which led up to me going for a TT2.

Thanks Jazz.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #6,576 of 18,907
Many thanks Amber. I edited my post above explaining the events which led up to me going for a TT2.

Thanks Jazz.

It's all good dude, not sure if you tried to upload a pic earlier, as I saw the broken image link but I would like to see pics of the cable, as I do like my silver cables, but they are all for iem's, but silver nonetheless.

Breakout the pics of the cable or post linkage, you know the rules.

You'll be much happier with TT2, not that anything was wrong with H2, but since you have the mscaler already, upgrading to TT2 was only a matter of time.

Be cool when you get it, don't do what I did, listen too loud for too long. Chord doesn't tell you this but in every 45 thousand TT2's, they throw in tinnitus to one TT2 for free. Be careful. :wink:

Aug 21, 2019 at 4:43 AM Post #6,577 of 18,907
I will be receiving my TT2 during the second half of September and all has been finalised. I also ordered a pure silver headphone cable of 3 metres length with a quarter inch Furutech connector today at £399. Hand made and optimised to bring the best out of my PM1. Today was a good day.
congratulations. so we wait your impressions

Aug 21, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #6,579 of 18,907
Anyone use a Susvara on mscaler tt2??

can they be drive. Effectively?

how does it sound?

Saw your PM, but figured I'd reply here so everyone can see it. Yes, the TT2 drives the Susvara well (from the XLR outputs on the rear.) I have never tried the Mscaler. I do enjoy my Susvara driven from my Kinki EX-M1 speaker amp more than from the TT2 directly, which was surprising to me. It has more grip and control of the drivers it seems, and has more impact.

Its a trade off. The direct from TT2 approach for ultimate clarity, or from the amp for the reasons mentioned above. I prefer the amp. YMMV.

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #6,580 of 18,907

Thanks Jazz.
finally i told you to buy it from the get go. welcome to the tt club

Aug 21, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #6,582 of 18,907
IEMs with metal housings tend to behave like that: Plugged into a mains-powered source they are prone to a certain hum – in my case exclusively during insertion – and some mild electrical shocks, depending on how well you are earthed yourself. It has nothing to do with earthing the source device, and sometimes only one of the drivers is affected. There's nothing you can do about it, except for isolating yourself from earth as well as it gets.

Most of my Campfires do it, also one driver of my FiiO FH7, although in a milder form. Campfire Audio advise not to use their IEMs with mains-powered devices, but refuse to offer any substantiation (also to the hum). Ken Ball ducked out after reading my question in the Atlas thread and kept quiet since.
I just bought the Hugo TT2 again. Same problem with the metal-shell Noble Audio Kaiser Encore, even in bed. The hum only stops or reduces to a point where I can almost not hear when I touch the TT2. The Westone W60 is better but I can still sometimes just hear the very slightest of hums when there is no music playing.

Aug 21, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #6,583 of 18,907
I just bought the Hugo TT2 again. Same problem with the metal-shell Noble Audio Kaiser Encore, even in bed. The hum only stops or reduces to a point where I can almost not hear when I touch the TT2. The Westone W60 is better but I can still sometimes just hear the very slightest of hums when there is no music playing.
Play music. :wink:

Aug 21, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #6,585 of 18,907
That’s fine for the W60 but they are my second-string iems behind the Kaiser Encores. My iem choices at the moment seem to be W60/TT2 or Kaiser Encores/AK380. Looking forward to launch of the 2Go module for the Hugo 2.
Well, I am glad my main focus is headphones with the TT2. While it seems to be good with most IEMs and a lot of speakers, still primarily it is a table top headphone amplifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back