Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Aug 22, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #6,603 of 18,895
I just bought the Hugo TT2 again. Same problem with the metal-shell Noble Audio Kaiser Encore, even in bed. The hum only stops or reduces to a point where I can almost not hear when I touch the TT2. The Westone W60 is better but I can still sometimes just hear the very slightest of hums when there is no music playing.

Have you or can you test the outlet with one of these https://www.amazon.com/Electrical-Receptacle-Outlet-Ground-Tester/dp/B0012DHVQ0 Not sure if they are made for all places in the world.

Aug 22, 2019 at 11:37 PM Post #6,604 of 18,895
Thanks, Rob. I’ve just got rid of the hum by wrapping wire from the earth pin of a mains plug around the dc input barrel. I also have two Poweradd Pilot Pro 2 power packs. Are they powerful enough to drive the TT2?

Yes but setting the Pilot Pro 2 to 12v will limit the peak output voltage. Only a problem if you run it above +7dB though.

My question to rob, does the measured performance of tt2 improve with HMS ?

Not in the sense of THD and noise, there is no change. But specific tests showing the effects of the filter are better of course.

Aug 23, 2019 at 5:42 AM Post #6,606 of 18,895
Yes but setting the Pilot Pro 2 to 12v will limit the peak output voltage. Only a problem if you run it above +7dB though.

Not in the sense of THD and noise, there is no change. But specific tests showing the effects of the filter are better of course.
So it’s possible to run tt2 from a pilot pro 2?
I thought it had higher power demands...

Aug 23, 2019 at 6:35 AM Post #6,608 of 18,895
Yes. It ran fine last night with Pilot Pro 2 set to 12v and using a Ghent Gotham GAC-4/1 11301 UltraPro Star Quad DC(JSSG360) cable. I preferred that to the smps.
Thank you, and the power chord is just a nice to have? I wonder why it didn’t work for me....

Aug 24, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #6,610 of 18,895
What filter setting people are using on tt2 with HMS ? Is it dependent upon the input sample rate in HMS ? Somehow filter 3 seems to be slightly smoother than filter 2 with 44.1khz into HMS. I could not compare filter 1 with filter 3 as both can't switched one after the other.

Aug 24, 2019 at 1:51 AM Post #6,611 of 18,895
Want to share the amazing skills of this man. He is renowned ghazal singer from Pakistan and equally liked in india too. In fact he is one of the few legend of this style still performing. He was trained by none other than bade Ghulam Ali from india and his brothers. He is a master in hidustani classical singing and besides that his skills in playing harmonium is amazing. He can play extremely complex pattern ( which are delight to listen to not just any random notes ) so easily. Imho any jazz musicians would have felt proud to play like that.

Aug 24, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #6,612 of 18,895
What filter setting people are using on tt2 with HMS ? Is it dependent upon the input sample rate in HMS ? Somehow filter 3 seems to be slightly smoother than filter 2 with 44.1khz into HMS. I could not compare filter 1 with filter 3 as both can't switched one after the other.

I’m pretty much a filter 2 guy regardless of the genre or recording quality. I was that way with my Hugo 2 and I think it carried over.

I should listen to 3 more because it’s better to me on the TT2 than it was on the Hugo 2.

Aug 24, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #6,613 of 18,895
Woohoo

I woke up today without screaming tinnitus, am sooooooooo happy :)

Drug induced tinnitus is real, avoid the nerve painkiller amytriptyline and nortriptyline, as this last month has been a complete and utter misery, my tinnitus was so bad I was starting to shout when speaking, aka couldn't hear myself speak at normal volumes and I needed my soundbar up at 20-22 to hear the TV, my usual is 12.

Even with headphones on I could hear Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg over the music. I rate tinnitus that bad, as being on the same par as excruciating nerve pain, as its soul destroying. Now here come's the kicker, I've tried all nerve painkillers that the nhs has to offer, and none now agree with me :|

Anyway,

Because my uber tinnitus has fckd off, I just bought a pair of Meze Empyreans :) they won't get here til like wednesday or thursday of next week due to the english holidays.

:)

Aug 24, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #6,615 of 18,895
Great news about your tinnitus. :thumbsup:
Beware that removing your painkiller, has had the side effect of causing symptoms of P2Q headphone buying. :wink:

Lol, my doc did say to taper them down as I would go through withdrawls if I just stopped them, but the tinnitus was so bad I just stopped them. He never mentioned any p2q side effects though.

I have loads of normal opiate painkillers :) hopefully if I take more of them, I will block the withdrawls from the other pills.

But they don't work for nerve pain :frowning2: but they do make you feel like Tony the tiger from frostie's advert, he feels Great :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back