Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Nov 4, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #2,477 of 19,009
Producer Chris Blackwell of uk took an early notice of Bob Marley and due to various reasons political and others the band fled to uK to try to break out of the Jamaican music scene which at the time was nothing like Reggae as we know it today . Chris Blackwell was building the first studios for island records and commissioned the building of three of the first Trident A range mixing desks which were installed exclusively in Island records studios . These desks were all Class A discrete circuit topologies (not unlike the output stage of the chord products) . The most expensive way to handle a signal but also the most musically flattering compared to the lower cost/heat/ of other circuit designs “. Depending on what record you are listining to it could very well be one of those recordings which is as good as audio gets and why people today pay huge sums of money only to spent more money refurbishing these old desks as things haven’t really improved audio wise imho.
The brits have always made the best audio gear....

Nov 4, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #2,479 of 19,009
Producer Chris Blackwell of uk took an early notice of Bob Marley and due to various reasons political and others the band fled to uK to try to break out of the Jamaican music scene which at the time was nothing like Reggae as we know it today . Chris Blackwell was building the first studios for island records and commissioned the building of three of the first Trident A range mixing desks which were installed exclusively in Island records studios . These desks were all Class A discrete circuit topologies (not unlike the output stage of the chord products) . The most expensive way to handle a signal but also the most musically flattering compared to the lower cost/heat/ of other circuit designs “. Depending on what record you are listining to it could very well be one of those recordings which is as good as audio gets and why people today pay huge sums of money only to spent more money refurbishing these old desks as things haven’t really improved audio wise imho.
I’ve no idea about the mastering process, but those Island vinyls are some of the best in my collection, sorry for the off topic post

Nov 4, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #2,480 of 19,009
Wow what a reply mind blowing, thanks for that really interesting

Nov 4, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #2,484 of 19,009
Got my tests tomorrow for cereal partners, feel proper nervous, I so need this job I really do,no job no hi-fi,I've done some revision but since I got my hugo TT 2 it's all gone out the window so I blame Rob watts and John Franks, if I don't get this job John can I work for you at the most prestigious English company out there.Did you know only 35 ppl work at Chord

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #2,485 of 19,009
Got my tests tomorrow for cereal partners, feel proper nervous, I so need this job I really do,no job no hi-fi,I've done some revision but since I got my hugo TT 2 it's all gone out the window so I blame Rob watts and John Franks, if I don't get this job John can I work for you at the most prestigious English company out there
Good luck!

Nov 4, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #2,486 of 19,009
When I travelled to hi-fi lounge to meet Rob watts and see his presentation I could see the respect and admiration the chord sales manager has for him, Analogue and digital engineer all in one, very rare analogue engineers these days

Nov 4, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #2,487 of 19,009
Nov 4, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #2,488 of 19,009
Got my tests tomorrow for cereal partners, feel proper nervous, I so need this job I really do,no job no hi-fi,I've done some revision but since I got my hugo TT 2 it's all gone out the window so I blame Rob watts and John Franks, if I don't get this job John can I work for you at the most prestigious English company out there.Did you know only 35 ppl work at Chord

If I wanted to bounce to the UK, I would be either apply BAE Systems or Rolls Royce Aero Engines. Don't think I would have chance at Chord, haven't done electronic design since my days at uni...

Nov 4, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #2,489 of 19,009
Its here! Chord stack complete! Now to lose myself in listening w/ my Focal Clears for a long while.

I wish the M-Scaler had an Acrylic Window; I would like to see the beast inside; the XC7A200T.

EDIT: But then again, I think the metal slab you seen through the window is actually THICK EMI shield encompassing the whole unit behind the casing.

20181105_120130.jpg 20181105_120431.jpg 20181105_120747.jpg 20181105_122728.jpg 20181105_122957.jpg 20181105_123017.jpg 20181105_143223.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 11:11 PM Post #2,490 of 19,009
Its here! Chord stack complete! Now to lose myself in listening w/ my Focal Clears for a long while.

I wish the M-Scaler had an Acrylic Window; I would like to see the beast inside; the XC7A200T.

Congrats looks great! where abouts in aus are you based?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back