Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
May 1, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #3,496 of 3,643
The AT is amazing the only drawback is the usb cable. It’s quite long (good) but a bit stiff (less good) if you can tolerate that (I can) and the distance you need to be to your computer / laptop it’s amazing. IMHO.

it will work great over AptX HD too. Mine are pimped out with sheepskin earpads.

May 1, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #3,497 of 3,643
All of my over-ear headphones have Brainwavz sheepskin earpads.
I won't settle for anything less.
:-)

May 1, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #3,498 of 3,643
I am a pretty big fan of the KEF and I think it deserves a serious recommendation.
Wow, thanks for the answer.
I had a look at them, they seem very valid and in another situation I would have loved to try them, but somehow it didn't feel right.
I've found one anyway, it's not perfect but it's very good. Audeze Mobius.
Only real concern, they're very heavy.
But the sound is the most neutral I've came across till now.
The other one I've been testing a lot was the AtH-M50XBT which I had modded with Brainwavz Angled Sheepskin, which made them sounds even more neutral than the ATH-M50X, and more spacious.
But somehow, the Mobius won...

I am a 30 year studio music production / and commercial studio owner veteran.
Hello fellow colleague!
Well, I'm not that far, just beginning.
I'm a fan of Audio Technica, so I would have been happy to try, but neutral is a must in this case.
I've found a website which I consider reliable, Rtings.
They consider the Mobius more neutral than the DSR9BT, so when I liked the Mobius I decided not to even try the DSR9BT.
Was it for my pleasure, I would have most probably preferred the ATH, as I tend to make my headphones smile anyway...
Thanks

Hey guys,
What is the best under $50 Bluetooth on or over-ear headphones I could buy? :D
Only thing I can say, do NOT trust Wirecutter.
I would bet my life they're corrupted and paid by Jabra.
Somehow they keep saying the Jabra are the best BT headphones in the world, every single year, this year even with two different models in the two main categories.

I'm not an expert but I've tried the Plantronics GO 810 on suggestion of the guys of Rtings (that's a website you can trust).
In my case my seek was neutrality.
I must say, I doubt you can beat the 810 in that price.
You can also tweak them to make them more funny.

Audio Technica ATH-DSR9BT
Audio Technica ATH-WS99BT

I've tried the 990BTb which I believe are the successor of the 99BT.
They're nice. If I wasn't looking for neutrality I might have kept them.
If you're looking for bass power without compromising the rest of the sound they're sweet.
Didn't try the DSR9BT though, but my intuition would say to prefer them.
USB audio, digital drivers, smiley curve.
What more do you need?

Hello everyone, I have been looking for a new pair of over ear bt headphones.

I have the Mobius.
They are very heavy, specially if you put the Gel Pads (IMHO not necessary, but in Amazon people wrote they're much better so I had to try. I've mixed feelings, ask me if you want to know more).
The sound is among the best I've ever heard.
But it's also the first planar I've tried.
I had tried the Momentum 2 and loved them. The Mobius are much better.
You have many EQ presets, neutral to funny.
They are never a bass monster, but I've read that planar never are, because they don't move as much air as normal headphones.
But the bass is deep and precise.
The 3D thing is much better than the DTS:X stuff on LG phones. But I anyway only use it for movies.

All of my over-ear headphones have Brainwavz sheepskin earpads.
I won't settle for anything less.
:-)

While I was choosing between Mobius and ATH-M50XBT, I've tested almost 20 pair of earpads.
My impression is that the ones that respect the sound the most, are the PU ones, Brainwavz or Geekria (Geekria are identical in all aspects, but cheaper).
My impression was that the Sheepskin were reducing the bass a little bit, specially the flat one.
Considering that the ATH-M50XBT have too much bass (for music production) I would have chosen the Sheepskin for them. Specifically, the angled ones.
But if it was for my fun, I would have preferred the PU.

On which headphones do you prefer the Sheepskin and why?

May 1, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #3,499 of 3,643
On which headphones do you prefer the Sheepskin and why?
I just updated my signature...
The four over ear headphones in my sig all have sheepskin, and I do it for maximum comfort.
(I actually haven't put the sheepskin on my BossHiFi B8, but I do have the sheepskin ready to go.)

Last edited:
May 2, 2020 at 1:33 AM Post #3,500 of 3,643
The AT is amazing the only drawback is the usb cable. It’s quite long (good) but a bit stiff (less good) if you can tolerate that (I can) and the distance you need to be to your computer / laptop it’s amazing. IMHO.

it will work great over AptX HD too. Mine are pimped out with sheepskin earpads.
Which sheepskin earpads did you pick up?

May 2, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #3,501 of 3,643
Which sheepskin earpads did you pick up?
I will have to ask the guy I bought them off. Standby. It also has a leather headband cover!

May 2, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #3,502 of 3,643
Sep 3, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #3,503 of 3,643
Hello… I am looking for Wireless Over the ear headphones with Very good SQ and mic. Which of the below would be most suited?

1. Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2
  2. FiiO EH3 NC
  3. JBL Tune 750BTNC
  4. AKG K371
  5. Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT

Thanks.........

Sep 3, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #3,504 of 3,643
Hello… I am looking for Wireless Over the ear headphones with Very good SQ and mic. Which of the below would be most suited?

1. Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2
  2. FiiO EH3 NC
  3. JBL Tune 750BTNC
  4. AKG K371
  5. Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT

Thanks.........
For music and calls, look at that Microsoft Surface Headphones 2 or the Bose NC 700. I personally have been using the Microsoft Surface Headphones 2 and they work great.

Out of the selections you're looking at, I would go with the Plantronics.

Sep 3, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #3,505 of 3,643
status bt one
excellent basic set of modern parameters with good-quality sound + reasonable price
(type-c, 30h, 40mm, aptx, ~71$ with a regular 10% discount)

cleer enduro 100
100h, man ... that's impressive. At the same time, other parameters are also quite relevant. (99$)

Attention - both models lack noise cancellation. For me, this is more a plus than a minus.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #3,506 of 3,643
status bt one
excellent basic set of modern parameters with good-quality sound + reasonable price
(type-c, 30h, 40mm, aptx, ~71$ with a regular 10% discount)

cleer enduro 100
100h, man ... that's impressive. At the same time, other parameters are also quite relevant. (99$)

Attention - both models lack noise cancellation. For me, this is more a plus than a minus.

Nice additions! How's the call quality and sound in general in the Status bt Ones? They seem to claim pretty flat profile, but don't they all...

Oct 10, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #3,507 of 3,643
Nice additions! How's the call quality and sound in general in the Status bt Ones? They seem to claim pretty flat profile, but don't they all...
Cannot reliably answer - i do not use bt one as a headset.
This has been used 3 or 4 times. Of these calls, one was terrible, but I tend to blame the hardware and software on the receiving end. For the rest - well, talked, don't remember anything.
The music in them is surprisingly good for the price and form factor.

I published a note about this model on a third-party resource earlier, but you probably need a translator
... although - this is not a problem now, thanks google :)
see

Jan 21, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #3,508 of 3,643
Anyone have an opinion on the Avantree Audition Pro or Aria Pro?
I'm looking for comfortable, closed back, over ear that aren't overly bassy.
Also considering the Anker Q30
I want to keep this $100 or below. They don't need to be the greatest, just all around for rock music and TV/movies. ANC is nice but less important than sound quality.

Jan 21, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #3,509 of 3,643
Anyone use Yamaha TW-E3B using QCC3026?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back