Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
May 18, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #3,361 of 3,643
Gadiletta, I’m afraid you will need new earphones in that case. What model exactly do you have? I googled Jabra Sports Bluetooth and saw a bunch of different models, e.g., Sport Pulse, Sport Pace (look like Beats), Elite Sport Wireless (true wireless) earbuds.

May 18, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #3,363 of 3,643
@gadiletta as with virtually all in-ears, fit and seal are critical for the sound, particularly the bass. Have you experimented with the different tips that came with it?

May 24, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #3,365 of 3,643
I just received the Libratone TRACK+ noise cancelling earphones and think they’re pretty terrific. Great, full, smooth sound. Surprisingly good bass. Libratone doesn’t seem to advertise the codecs, but I’ve been able to confirm that they have both aptX and AAC, at least. (I don’t know how to test for aptX HD with a Mac.). They also don’t advertise the Bluetooth version — I wonder whether it could be Bluetooth 5.0. Does anyone know how to confirm if that’s the case? The noise cancelling is good — not Bose QC35-like, but a nice add-on. They make the subway ride a lot more pleasant. The “active” noise cancelling feature — where the noise cancelling is automatically increased or decreased depending on movement and ambient sound — works nicely. They’re comfortable and very premium looking. Since these have only been for sale for a few weeks, I thought I’d be the first kid on the block to have them — but there was a woman standing next to me on the subway this morning wearing the same ‘phones. They use dual microphones for outgoing sound on calls, which is a really nice feature — but I haven’t been able to test that yet.

May 24, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #3,366 of 3,643
I just received the Libratone TRACK+ noise cancelling earphones and think they’re pretty terrific. Great, full, smooth sound. Surprisingly good bass. Libratone doesn’t seem to advertise the codecs, but I’ve been able to confirm that they have both aptX and AAC, at least. (I don’t know how to test for aptX HD with a Mac.). They also don’t advertise the Bluetooth version — I wonder whether it could be Bluetooth 5.0. Does anyone know how to confirm if that’s the case? The noise cancelling is good — not Bose QC35-like, but a nice add-on. They make the subway ride a lot more pleasant. The “active” noise cancelling feature — where the noise cancelling is automatically increased or decreased depending on movement and ambient sound — works nicely. They’re comfortable and very premium looking. Since these have only been for sale for a few weeks, I thought I’d be the first kid on the block to have them — but there was a woman standing next to me on the subway this morning wearing the same ‘phones. They use dual microphones for outgoing sound on calls, which is a really nice feature — but I haven’t been able to test that yet.
How could you confirm Apt x with a Mac?

May 25, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #3,368 of 3,643
You can hold the option key while clicking the bluetooth icon in the menu bar. Then the paired headphones entry will show which codec is in use.
Interesting, I thought that Mac's didn't have support for the Apt x codec and could only use AAC? I must be mistaken then it sounds like.

May 25, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #3,369 of 3,643
Interesting, I thought that Mac's didn't have support for the Apt x codec and could only use AAC? I must be mistaken then it sounds like.

Curiously, macOS does support aptX, even though iOS never has. I believe aptX has been baked in for a very long time to modern Mac OS X / macOS.

Jun 10, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #3,370 of 3,643
hi,

my question would go to people who have experience with multiple brands of usb bt dongles. i use my bose qc35 and deftech symphony 1 on windows 7 x64, with a csr dongle. all works acceptably but not great - eg when i run a cpu heavy software, the sound is stuttering (i guess one or more of the csr services doesnt get enough cpu time).
ive read somewhere (if i remember correctly) that some dongles are in fact also 'usb soundcards' and if my theory is correct, these wouldnt be affected eg by high cpu usage.
-i can live without mic (ive read here that this is a common problem) but id rather have that too for teamspeak
-range is quite important, my class1 dongle now is barely enough
-hassle-free installation and use is important with multiple target devices (not simultaneously of course but i use both cans regularly)
-aptx low latency is a must.

as far as i know, the sennheiser doesnt have aptx, that leaves the leaf (avantree, sorry about the pun), the creative bt-w2 and here was mentioned a little box called august mr270.
has somebody tried these and could recommend me one? another model perhaps?

thanks,
g

Jun 10, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #3,372 of 3,643
Any good cheap headphone with great active noise cancelling performance?

well, the deftech symphony 1 is 120 bucks now at amazon, acceptable anc, very nice sound. an older model and i think maybe the last ones are now on sale. not very widely known and a bit forgotten, but very nice headphones. NOT for commuting, travelling, they are big and not foldable. id recommend them for home/office use.

https://www.amazon.com/Definitive-T...orr&keywords=Definitive+Technology+Symphony+1

Jun 30, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #3,375 of 3,643
@Giogio Have you heard the ATH DSR9BT yet?
The OP got mad about things and stormed out of the forums a few years ago, never to be heard from again unless he created a new profile and posts under that which I suppose is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back