Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Mar 27, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #3,346 of 3,643
Just received a pair of used beoplay B7. Just a heads up for those that are looking at these, they are reduced on amazon.com at the moment, probably because they are discountinued. Maybe there's a H7i in the works? Using a code (KINJA15B)
mentioned here; https://deals.kinja.com/fridays-best-deals-laptop-sleeves-wireless-headphones-1824018140 it's possible to get them down to us $200. Doesn't ship overseas though, at least not to Australia.

The H7 are some amazing cams; their only negative is that due to being closed cups, they have that thud thud sound when walking around with them.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #3,347 of 3,643
Has anyone had the chance to try the newly released Audio Technica ATH-WS990BT headphones? How do they compare to the ATH-WS99BT?

They are both part of the Solid Bass series. What I like is that the ATH-WS990BT also has a noise canceling feature that can be turned ON and OFF, as well as a "Hear-Through Mode" which utilizes a microphone to let you hear the environment and people around you, so you may engage in conversations while listening to music at the same time. On top of that it has a better frequency response of 5 – 40,000 Hz, as opposed to the ATH-WS99BT which only has 8 – 26,000 Hz.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #3,348 of 3,643
@shaiya288 there’s not too much info about the WS990BT headphones but they look like the perfect match for me. The reviews found so far:

http://majorhifi.com/audio-technica...-wireless-noise-cancelling-headphones-review/
Had to run the next three through google translate...
https://www.digimonostation.jp/0000128386/
http://watchmono.com/blog-entry-8188.html
https://www.digimonostation.jp/0000122908/

Audio-Technica hasn’t released these in Europe so if anyone has recommendations for buying from Japan or the USA...

Apr 16, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #3,350 of 3,643
That Major Hi-Fi review says the noise cancellation is "mild." I'll wait for a more concrete comparison with some other ANC models. How has AT's QuietPoint models performed previously?

May 17, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #3,351 of 3,643
Sound quality, comfort (with a pad change), sound stage, and certainly price can't be beat on the Symphonized Wraith 2.0 Bluetooth headphones. I really must emphasize price. Especially when I consider the price I paid for 2 different sets (I paid about $15 for 1 set of walnut wood and $20 for the second set of zebra wood)

These have no active noise cancelling, but that isn't a big deal to me at least. Still I love these things. I highly recommend buying something like HM5 pads to switch out, or something similar to HM5 pads. I was buying Senitek pads for awhile off Amazon, as they are HM5 clones and were going for $13 each. Price on them has gone up to $18, which is slightly cheaper than HM5 now. I also have a few HM5s for $12 when they have been half off during Amazon lightning deals from time to time.

I have tried more than a few bluetooth over the ear headphones, and those symphonized are the best for me in terms of sound, battery, comfort, weight, and price. They have everything but ANC. If you want ANC, there are some really nice, but expensive, options already mentioned in this thread that come close to the Symphonized Wraith 2.0 BT in terms of sound/comfort. Close but not all the way in my opinion.

Symphonized Wraith 2.0 go for $75 shipped on Amazon all day every day.

https://www.amazon.com/Symphonized-Bluetooth-Wireless-Headphones-Included/dp/B01MXWXR9H

If you are willing to look around though they can be found cheaper. I got my first pair for $20 from ebay, and the second pair for $15 from a pawn shop of all places!!!

EDIT, these are the go to headphone I use at work when I want to tune everyone out while I work. I either use my Monk+ earbuds, when I want to hear the convos around me while I work, and the wraiths when I don't. The passive isolation with HM5 pads is good enough to block most of the sound out in my office. When the office isn't in a nerf gun dart war that is.

Co-workers have the Sony MDX1000, Bose QC35, Momentums, Coriwn E7s, and several others. Sound wise the Wraiths are the best, and even those that bought the Sony or Sennheiser agree. The Corwins are the worst. Just awful sound, but the girl that wears them is used to them. I also have a pair of Bluedio T3s and a few other el cheapo bluetooth headphones like the Ausdom. They aren't good out the box at all for sound quality.

Which HM5 pads are you using with your Wraith 2.0 Bluetooth headphones? And are these still your "goto" Bluetooth headphones, have they stood the test of time?

May 17, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #3,352 of 3,643
Which HM5 pads are you using with your Wraith 2.0 Bluetooth headphones? And are these still your "goto" Bluetooth headphones, have they stood the test of time?

Just the regular pleather pads from HM5. One has a black pad and the other a purple pad.

They are still goto for bluetooth when I need bluetooth. Although I will say that the Brookstone cat ear bluetooth headphones I picked up for my wife were actually pretty darn good for bluetooth as well. Just get the Ariana Grande version as it is slightly better built from what I read. Not that I expect many people to rush to buy those headphones from here, but you never know.

Now I have heard the Sony WH1000X headphones with the ANC and they are really good for what they are too. The ANC do work darn well if you need ANC. The price though is a bit high on them and I wouldnt' buy unless you are a Sony fan or want the ANC. Unfortunately I haven't heard many more bluetooth headphone beyond those.

May 17, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #3,353 of 3,643
Just the regular pleather pads from HM5. One has a black pad and the other a purple pad.

They are still goto for bluetooth when I need bluetooth. Although I will say that the Brookstone cat ear bluetooth headphones I picked up for my wife were actually pretty darn good for bluetooth as well. Just get the Ariana Grande version as it is slightly better built from what I read. Not that I expect many people to rush to buy those headphones from here, but you never know.

Now I have heard the Sony WH1000X headphones with the ANC and they are really good for what they are too. The ANC do work darn well if you need ANC. The price though is a bit high on them and I wouldnt' buy unless you are a Sony fan or want the ANC. Unfortunately I haven't heard many more bluetooth headphone beyond those.

Thanks! I really, really dig the looks of the Wraith Bluetooth, and they've been on my list to buy for a long time -- I have the Cherry Wraith 1.0 wired -- but I will want to get your recommended pads for comfort's sake.

I actually have the predecessor to the WH1000X, the MDR-1000X, which as I understand, have nearly identical sound signature, just that the WH1000XM2 has more ANC options (the 1000X is already really good!) and support for Sony's app to customize EQ, ANC, etc. BUT -- I rarely use them because they stink for phone calls (not just "decent", but bad), and my BT over-ears must also double as decent phone call headsets as well.... but I'd prolly excuse the Wraith even if they aren't stellar just based on looks alone, lol.

Since I have the 1000X as a reference point, would you say that the Wraith BT has a similar sound signature?

May 17, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #3,354 of 3,643
Thanks! I really, really dig the looks of the Wraith Bluetooth, and they've been on my list to buy for a long time -- I have the Cherry Wraith 1.0 wired -- but I will want to get your recommended pads for comfort's sake.

I actually have the predecessor to the WH1000X, the MDR-1000X, which as I understand, have nearly identical sound signature, just that the WH1000XM2 has more ANC options (the 1000X is already really good!) and support for Sony's app to customize EQ, ANC, etc. BUT -- I rarely use them because they stink for phone calls (not just "decent", but bad), and my BT over-ears must also double as decent phone call headsets as well.... but I'd prolly excuse the Wraith even if they aren't stellar just based on looks alone, lol.

Since I have the 1000X as a reference point, would you say that the Wraith BT has a similar sound signature?

Wraiths are a little warmer through the mid bass although that might be because they aren't as peaky in the mid-treble region as the sony's are. Most people tend to set their volume level to where "tenor" style vocals sound good. So there is more bass coming out of the Wraiths if you turn up the volume of them to match an equal volume level of comfort for that region of sound in the Sonys.

As for calls, the wraiths aren't bad at all. Used them a few times for that. Worked well enough. Tried to use them for mowing the lawn. Didn't work out so well for that. Too hot with with those pleather pads in the sun while working. They also don't have a huge clamp force so they don't stay on well when moving around a whole lot.

May 17, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #3,355 of 3,643
Thanks, @Humblepie .... that helps a lot! Of course, I'm likely still going to wait until I can score a ridiculous deal like you got on them... or maybe just a normal deal, although $75 really is a good price. :smirk:

May 17, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #3,356 of 3,643
If I have some bluetooth headphones to send to the OP, how do I get a hold of him to test them out and add to his review / list?

You might be able to private message him, but I think he no longer uses Head-Fi, nor has he for... over a year now, I believe.

May 17, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #3,357 of 3,643
You might be able to private message him, but I think he no longer uses Head-Fi, nor has he for... over a year now, I believe.
The OP left the community more than a year ago and has never come back, so yes, you are completely correct.

Last edited:
May 17, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #3,358 of 3,643
May 17, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #3,359 of 3,643
May 18, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #3,360 of 3,643
Hello,

I just bought the Jabra sports Bluetooth but to be honest I’m not satisfied because I’d like to push the volume a little bit more and the bass (that I love) are poor imo. I’ve also tried to adjust something with the equalizer but no much difference.
What do you suggest?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back