Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Jul 10, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #3,271 of 3,643
I'm gonna see if I can check out the H9 at a B&O store. I'm not sure how helpful the padding would be. It sounds like a lot of hassle to do each time I want to use the headphones.
I owned the H7 and if the H500BT is bothering you now due to clamping force I would suspect the H9 would be no better, but of course well worth trying. Have you had this problem in the past? I'm just surprised that the Onkyo causes pain as the clamp is among the most comfortable of any headphone I have tried. It can of course be quite dependent on ear shape and structure so hopefully the H9 works out. Good luck and let us know, cheers.

Jul 12, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #3,272 of 3,643
I owned the H7 and if the H500BT is bothering you now due to clamping force I would suspect the H9 would be no better, but of course well worth trying. Have you had this problem in the past? I'm just surprised that the Onkyo causes pain as the clamp is among the most comfortable of any headphone I have tried. It can of course be quite dependent on ear shape and structure so hopefully the H9 works out. Good luck and let us know, cheers.
It only bothered me because it pushed my ears against my glasses frame. Most over the ears seem to negate that (I've had good experience with headphones like bose qc35). Without my glasses, the H500BT was quite comfortable. I wish contacts fit me better... sigh.

I'll be trying out the H9 later this week. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #3,273 of 3,643
It only bothered me because it pushed my ears against my glasses frame. Most over the ears seem to negate that (I've had good experience with headphones like bose qc35). Without my glasses, the H500BT was quite comfortable. I wish contacts fit me better... sigh.

I'll be trying out the H9 later this week. Fingers crossed!

Yeah I get the same issues with the arms of the glasses getting sandwiched between the ear and the head. You'll find most On Ears will have the same problem as they put more force on the ear itself. Like sonic I too put the arms over the top but I understand how you might not want to do this all the time. The Onkyo's actually have quite a low clamping force so you'd probably have even greater problems with many other On Ears! I even have a problem with the P7's and my glasses but strangely only the left ear, although they do seem to be getting better. If you can find a headphone with a lot of very soft cushioning then you should be alright. Sony's in general are very good, the XB950's were incredible! You'd totally forget you were wearing them! I haven't tried any of the later high end Sony's but I hear that they're pretty good so maybe worth a look?

Out of interest how did you find the sound out of both the Onkyo's and H8's? Always nice to hear another opinion!

Jul 13, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #3,274 of 3,643
Yeah I get the same issues with the arms of the glasses getting sandwiched between the ear and the head. You'll find most On Ears will have the same problem as they put more force on the ear itself. Like sonic I too put the arms over the top but I understand how you might not want to do this all the time. The Onkyo's actually have quite a low clamping force so you'd probably have even greater problems with many other On Ears! I even have a problem with the P7's and my glasses but strangely only the left ear, although they do seem to be getting better. If you can find a headphone with a lot of very soft cushioning then you should be alright. Sony's in general are very good, the XB950's were incredible! You'd totally forget you were wearing them! I haven't tried any of the later high end Sony's but I hear that they're pretty good so maybe worth a look?

Out of interest how did you find the sound out of both the Onkyo's and H8's? Always nice to hear another opinion!
Yeah, that's why I'm focusing on over the ears atm. Resting my glasses on top definitely could be a solution but considering I'll be using these for work, it's just really not that feasible. The eye strain would be pretty awful. I would just be swapping one discomfort for another at that point.

Funny enough, I had a chance to try out AKG Y50's recently and they were actually pretty comfortable even with my glasses on. Problem is that they were just about ready to slip out if I happened to look down.

I'll look into the Sony's as well if I can but I have to make a decision soon so I'm not sure how much more sampling I can do.

Regarding the sound quality of both the Onkyo's and H8's, the H8's definitely sounded more bassy but that's about all I can tell you. Sadly enough, I didn't bother listening for any longer than a minute on each pair of headphones because they were both so uncomfortable with my glasses on. I couldn't focus on the music at all.

Jul 25, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #3,275 of 3,643
So I had the chance to test out SONY MDR 1000x and Beoplay H9 recently and wow. They weren't kidding about the underwhelming volume of the H9's. They LOOK so great and comfort-wise has less clamping force than the mdr but damn were they tiny in volume. Also the touch controls are a nightmare. I was never able to get the volume touch to work. Even taking it off and doing it while just look at the headphones in my hand, I was not able to change the volume (it moved couple of times but really randomly). In terms of looks the H9s rock but pretty much everything else it seems to lack. I actually appreciated the not as "full" ANC of the beoplay's but my god those touch controls. I ended up downloading the app to max out the volume of the headphones and the app wanted me to turn on location for it to work?? Why? Pretty disappointed at Bang and Olufsen for creating such such quality user interface and app.

I was going to reluctantly go with the sony's because of the above issues and the really nice features that the mdr has (like picking up ambient noise by putting your hand on the right earcup). However, I've found out that they have some serious build quality issues...
https://community.sony.com/t5/Headphones/Build-Quality-issues-with-MDR-1000X/td-p/621464
https://medium.com/@Xander51/buyer-...000x-has-a-build-materials-issue-c37d8ca3aa1f

They didn't have P&W P7's to try so I'm a bit at a loss in picking a headphone now. Does anyone know if the beoplay H9's will get an updated firmware to maybe fix the volume and touch control issues? I'm listen to my music in pretty low volume anyways so it might not be a big deal but it will be frustrating if I ever needed higher volume for whatever reason.

Aug 9, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #3,278 of 3,643
Hello
Im debating between the DSR7BT , DSR9BT,
I only heared the MSR7 before from AT family line.
How do the 7bt and the 9bt compare? I like very clean sound.
It will be used with high res flac files and some mediocre mp3 also, most of the time via usb on the pc and some bluetooth also.
Is the 9bt worth the extra money? how do their sound really compare?

Thank you

Aug 9, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #3,279 of 3,643
Did anyone here try Audio-Technica ATH SR6BT?
I had a chance to put them on at BestBuy, but they were not plugged in, so no chance to listen to anything.
Looking for over ear headphones with the sound as clean as possible.

Thanks!

Aug 22, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #3,281 of 3,643
Hello
Im debating between the DSR7BT , DSR9BT,
I only heared the MSR7 before from AT family line.
How do the 7bt and the 9bt compare? I like very clean sound.
It will be used with high res flac files and some mediocre mp3 also, most of the time via usb on the pc and some bluetooth also.
Is the 9bt worth the extra money? how do their sound really compare?

Thank you
If you you like a very clean sound, you will likely love these, especially the 9.

Aug 22, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #3,282 of 3,643
Hi,

I need a recommendation for new BT headphone here. Currently I have Fidelio M2BT. It sounds really good for my taste when I play music through bluetooth. When i plug the cable, the sound lost it characters.
I use it for 2 years. But now the pad is already worn out. It's a shame that the pad is not meant to be replaced. (Or does anybody know where i can get the replacement pads?)
I read the first page and my choices are between to Harman Kardon BT or ATH WS99BT.
I read Giogio review of both headphone. He kept comparing both headset to M2BT. I wonder if puchasing any of those 2 headphones will be a downgrade to my M2BT.
Personally, I am not a basshead. I want headphone with good separation between instruments, clear treble, and comfort.

Regards.

Aug 28, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #3,283 of 3,643
i have yet to hear a better bluetooth headphone than p7 wireless

so if anyone has a new rec please share

the sound of the p7 wireless is simply just amazing and I am really surprised how great Bluetooth headphones have advanced in terms of sound quality

i am curious about these Even headphones that allow ear print

https://www.weareeven.com/products/h2-wireless-headphones

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #3,284 of 3,643
Anyone on here own the bose soundlink around ear 2s? I tried a pair on in an apple store the other day and they're so damn comfortable. They seem to fit all my needs but I haven't had a chance to really listen to them in store yet, so I don't know if I'll like the sound. Anyone who owns them, how would you describe the sound? They're not cheap but tbh after owning a pair of great sounding but uncomfortable headphones for pretty cheap, I'm willing to spend a bit more for comfort and bluetooth.

Sep 8, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #3,285 of 3,643
Selling my Onkyo H500BT's!

Here's the link to the Ebay listing, international delivery available;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332348686169?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Just want a change, or have you found something even better suited to your preferences? I know you were pretty high on the H500BT as am I. I still use mine several times a week and to this day I continue to think they have to be one of the better bang for the buck, quality sound signature BT portables out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back